You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190820_182156 (resized).jpg
20190820_182149 (resized).jpg
20190820_183633 (resized).jpg
E579C892-8834-4921-B624-1E6D01D7EF2B (resized).jpeg
WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 4 years ago

One thing to keep in mind is that Wonka LE has a high quality metallic type finish powder coat. This type of power coat is of higher quality then the baked on enamel look used on Dialed In LE and the rather cheap looking BBQ black paint finish on Pirates LE. I would value the Wonka LE powder coat at $300 - $400 (includes wireforms), add another $300 for the invisiglass, $150 for the shaker motor, add another $50 (at least) for the external volume control and that's $800 right there. Price difference at that point between the SE and LE is $1100 - $1200. That's still a good chunk of change but something to consider.

Here's a video showing the Wonka SE and LE Wonkavator area. The Wonkavator is a cool toy but I wish it would have featured detailed 3D molds versus being mostly pieces of clear plastic and bare metal. The SE area does seem bare though after looking at the LE, especially when the Wonkavator toy lights up.

Another close up video

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Powder is $150. Any wheel coating/repair shop can do powder for pretty cheap, usually $10 per part plus another $20-30 for the powder. The shakers are $79 plus shipping as stated by someone else earlier, you just need to change the stern connector. It’s too much of a difference between the le and the se IMO. I am usually an LE buyer for jjp games, but not on this one. I appreciate they offered a nice game at 7500.

For those prices prices though the powder will likely be the cheap baked on enamel look versus the high quality metallic glossy finish Wonka LE has.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is typical DI owner spin! I know because I own one & I love it
What I meant is the LE over the SE is not worth it. Lights on a ramp...umm not making me open my checkbook.

There's much more than lights on a ramp. There's the lighted side ramp, lighted phone, powder coated armor, shaker motor, invisiglass, printed manual, laser etched city scape, external volume controls + headphone jack, and a couple other nice extras. For $1k over the SE it's well worth it. If it was $2k more though like Wonka SE to LE I would say no.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

1. I really don;t know how much more lit my phone can get, it's literally surrounded by LEDs
2. I'd pay more for stainless and NO Powder
3. All models come with a shaker motor
4. Invisiglass isn't worth it to me.
5-8. We probably all did fine without the manual that took 1.5 years to print Other stuff I don't care aboot etc etc
Being "well worth it" is a personal choice, stop acting like it's canon.

Yeah, I was just stating my opinion why I think it's well worth it. Stainless steel trim does look sharp. Both models are nice, great game.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can everyone please stop saying shaker, all Dialed in models include a shaker.

But Dialed In LE has an LE shaker motor! Just joking haha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 64.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-se-vs-le-2k-gtgt-which-say-u-?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.