You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190820_182156 (resized).jpg
20190820_182149 (resized).jpg
20190820_183633 (resized).jpg
E579C892-8834-4921-B624-1E6D01D7EF2B (resized).jpeg
WONKA Features Matrix-1 (resized).png

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Seriously, I tried to buy a hat from them and they quoted me $23 in shipping fees. For a hat.

I actually emailed them about their shipping costs, and they never responded....I tried ordering a part for WOZ and the shipping was 2x the cost of the part....I thought something was wrong, but I guess not.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dialed In is absolutely worth the money,you never owned it because if you did you would love it!

This is typical DI owner spin! I know because I own one & I love it
What I meant is the LE over the SE is not worth it. Lights on a ramp...umm not making me open my checkbook.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is typical DI owner spin! I know because I own one
What I meant is the LE over the SE is not worth it. Lights on a ramp...umm not making me open my checkbook.

It’s mostly cosmetic on jjp games, some people value that higher than others. Wonka is the first to have a non cosmetic upgrade. For $1000 difference, getting powder, invisiglass, shaker, headphone jack, ramp lights, etc, it’s generally a good value if those additions are important to you. For $2k, it’s harder to make the choice to upgrade, at least for me.

I initially had a mbR CE, didn’t like it, all cosmetic, but I upgraded to the SE and am much happier.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's much more than lights on a ramp. There's the lighted side ramp, lighted phone, powder coated armor, shaker motor, invisiglass, printed manual, laser etched city scape, external volume controls + headphone jack, and a couple other nice extras. For $1k over the SE it's well worth it. If it was $2k more though like Wonka SE to LE I would say no.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's much more than lights on a ramp. There's the lighted side ramp, lighted phone, powder coated armor, shaker motor, invisiglass, printed manual, laser etched city scape, external volume controls + headphone jack, and a couple other nice extras. For $1k over the SE it's well worth it....

1. I really don;t know how much more lit my phone can get, it's literally surrounded by LEDs
2. I'd pay more for stainless and NO Powder
3. All models come with a shaker motor
4. Invisiglass isn't worth it to me.
5-8. We probably all did fine without the manual that took 1.5 years to print Other stuff I don't care aboot etc etc

Being "well worth it" is a personal choice, stop acting like it's canon.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

1. I really don;t know how much more lit my phone can get, it's literally surrounded by LEDs
2. I'd pay more for stainless and NO Powder
3. All models come with a shaker motor
4. Invisiglass isn't worth it to me.
5-8. We probably all did fine without the manual that took 1.5 years to print Other stuff I don't care aboot etc etc
Being "well worth it" is a personal choice, stop acting like it's canon.

Yeah, I was just stating my opinion why I think it's well worth it. Stainless steel trim does look sharp. Both models are nice, great game.

#57 4 years ago

I bought an SE HOU and not regretting it for one minute. LE was too pricey for basically just the wonkavator physical lock. I know it came with all the eye candy upgrades as well - which have value to many. For me, I'm buying the game to play. The wonkavator in the LE while cool not able to justify for $2K. Really no impact on gameplay. I wish all the manufacturers would keep all games fully featured and just charge LE/CE for eye candy and signatures. But, tis the model we're in.

JJP did a great job on the price of the SE and this title. You need to decide personally if eye candy for $2K is worth it or not. For me it wasn't. For others it might be. The game is great either way. Enjoy!

#58 4 years ago

Is there room on a pro to install a Wonkavator? Maybe install is not the right word. Prop it up in place with some balls staged on it so the bare area looks better.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Is there room on a pro to install a Wonkavator? Maybe install is not the right word. Prop it up in place with some balls staged on it so the bare area looks better.

Check mod couple and a few other mod stores on pinside. They already have built a wonkavator toy add on. Not a physical lock, but something to put in that area.

#60 4 years ago

Hate to say it because I would never spend $7500 on a pin, but it seems like Wonka is by far the best “value” (and I use that term very loosely) on NIB right now. Just understand that as these NIB prices continue to escalate across the board, the depreciation with these games becomes greater and greater. Sure, the manufacturers can set the NIB prices, but the used pin buyer seems to have hit the ceiling on what they’re willing to pay.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yes...

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fwilly-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-standard-pinball-interactive-wonkavator

#62 4 years ago

omg, so much better

Played a bunch of Wonka and have it atop the priority list. I’ve decided on a standard, so will be a customer on many of the mods. Unexpectedly, JP2 pro leapfrogged Wonka and will be my next purchase. Wonka will be here for a long time and it will undoubtably work itself into my basement.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Hate to say it because I would never spend $7500 on a pin, but it seems like Wonka is by far the best “value” (and I use that term very loosely) on NIB right now. Just understand that as these NIB prices continue to escalate across the board, the depreciation with these games becomes greater and greater.

Agree on depreciation, huo SE on this one.
As far as nib value, last two remakes cant be beat and are reliable on location.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think the $1000 dollar difference between DI LE to DI SE was a lot easier to rationalize,then the
$2000 dollars difference WW LE to WW SE.And the fact remains there was more then lights on a ramp,right?

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

And the fact remains there was more then lights on a ramp,right?

Not really. The fact is I said it wasn't worth upgrading to the LE on DI or Wonka, which you (monetarily at least) agree with.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think the $1000 dollar difference between DI LE to DI SE was a lot easier to rationalize,then the
$2000 dollars difference WW LE to WW SE.And the fact remains there was more then lights on a ramp,right?

I agree, DILE you can justify $1000 easier.

Invisiglass $300
Powder coating $300
Shaker $200
Lighted ramp, headphone jack, etched cityscape and manual $200

Some of that carries over to Wonka but makes $2,000 a reach

#67 4 years ago

Can everyone please stop saying shaker, all Dialed in models include a shaker.

#68 4 years ago

Whoops I bought a LE

20190820_183633 (resized).jpg20190820_183633 (resized).jpg
#69 4 years ago

Unless you like chipped and rippled pf’s I wouldn’t buy either one.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Unless you like chipped and rippled pf’s I wouldn’t buy either one.

Hell no I’m buying a JP2!
Oh crap their clear is shit too!
Damn it

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can everyone please stop saying shaker, all Dialed in models include a shaker.

But Dialed In LE has an LE shaker motor! Just joking haha.

#72 4 years ago

So far so good..

20190820_182149 (resized).jpg20190820_182149 (resized).jpg20190820_182156 (resized).jpg20190820_182156 (resized).jpg
#73 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

But Dialed In LE has an LE shaker motor! Just joking haha.

That was funny but stop it; don't give them any ideas!

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hell no I’m buying a JP2!
Oh crap their clear is shit too!
Damn it

You get a 50/50 chance at least

#75 4 years ago

SE: $7500
Shaker: $160
Headphone Jack / Volume control: $100
Gobstopper Shooter: $100

Total: $7860

Aaaaand, I'm done. I have all of the elements I wanted from each model, and none of what I don't want. I prefer the black armor. I prefer chrome wireforms. I don't like the LE artwork; I prefer the SE art package. I prefer the virtual ball lock. My lighting conditions do not require invisiglass. That's pretty much it.

I took the remaining $1600 and used it to buy a Bride of Pinbot project. Winner winner chicken dinner!

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

SE: $7500
Shaker: $160
Headphone Jack / Volume control: $100
Gobstopper Shooter: $100
Total: $7860
Aaaaand, I'm done. I have all of the elements I wanted from each model, and none of what I don't want. I prefer the black armor. I prefer chrome wireforms. I don't like the LE artwork; I prefer the SE art package. I prefer the virtual ball lock. My lighting conditions do not require invisiglass. That's pretty much it.
I took the remaining $1600 and used it to buy a Bride of Pinbot project. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Sounds good, I think SE is the way to go, I watch tons of videos on gameplay. Does the Wonka play the song pure imagination? Love that song

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Sounds good, I think SE is the way to go, I watch tons of videos on gameplay. Does the Wonka play the song pure imagination? Love that song

If you get to the final Wizard mode it might, since it is called "Pure Imagination." That said, I am not sure that it is possible for a normal human to accomplish this feat.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

If you get to the final Wizard mode it might, since it is called "Pure Imagination." That said, I am not sure that it is possible for a normal human to accomplish this feat.

LOL

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I would jokingly comment with "I don't think normal humans play pinball." there is something oddly different (not bad, but different) about the pinball group. My non-pinball friends look at me like I have lost my mind when I tell them how much pinballs are and how many customers I have that purchase multiple games a year, or how we have a traveling pinball league, state championships, world championships, etc.

I say get the game that you want and play the hell out of it. As a distributor, I choose the limited edition since I take my personal games with me to different shows to let people play. I really like the blue sparkle powder coat, the physical ball lock, and the art package. I do have a Limited Edition in stock and ready for anyone looking to "get one NOW!"

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

So far so good..[quoted image][quoted image]

It will chip. Give it time. My friends is chipping.

1 year later
#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

To me the 2k difference was not worth it. I added a shaker motor for $150. Don't need invisiglass, and I like the gameplay without the physical lock. Wonka is an amazing game and the SE is head and shoulders over anything I've played by other companies in a long time.

Any tips on adding a shaker?

1 week later
#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

It's very simple. Order the stock one from Pinball Life (or JJP directly). It has a place already laid out for it on the bottom of the cabinet. Follow the very simple instructions, turn it "on" under the game settings, and you're ready to go.

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-assembly-for-jersey-jack-pinball-machines.html

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

They are simple. mount and plug in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-se-vs-le-2k-gtgt-which-say-u-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.