(Topic ID: 252619)

Wonka Review......It’s time to eat my words!!

By thedarkknight77

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00339EE2-8FDF-4651-96D9-8266D20FABD5.gif
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I can’t explain what it is about widebodies,but I’ve had them all except for Popeye.The only one I’ve hung onto is B/W Indy Jones
for some reason it feels right to me.JD grandma animation is worth the price of admission!

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For me it's A+. I don't know what else you really need to grade it any higher.
As mentioned a full feature loaded playfield with perhaps the coolest ball lock ever. Beautiful hand drawn artwork true to the theme. Rocking music. And more modes that you will rarely complete in any given game. And a back door to the wizard mode that looks simple enough on paper.

You're right in that it does offer a TON. No question. For me, it got a little stale. The way it shot I guess. Little clunky but I hear you - a ton for the money. A tier is classic and I'm not sure I would say JD is classic.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You're right in that it does offer a TON. No question. For me, it got a little stale. The way it shot I guess. Little clunky but I hear you - a ton for the money. A tier is classic and I'm not sure I would say JD is classic.

That's why we all have our own opinions.

I was shocked to find out years later a game like TOTAN was now considered a classic and even had some kind of cult following. That game was so bad, it made me want to go play the latest Segas when it was on route.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's why we all have our own opinions.
I was shocked to find out years later a game like TOTAN was now considered a classic and even had some kind of cult following. That game was so bad, it made me want to go play the latest Segas when it was on route.

This is exactly the way I still feel about AC/DC. I can not fathom why that game is ranked as high as it is. We all have our own opinions.

That said, I feel no compulsion whatsoever to constantly hang out in the AC/DC forum and shit on the game or the people who do like it.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

judge dredd really is a great value. It's no where near A class of pinball but that's a lot of pin for the money.
This game? 50 times to realize it's actually not that bad and having to ignore critical components like music and effects......for a pinball game.....is in itself a complete failure. I'm glad the game is still making the same people happy who loved it since day 1 but on the flip side, it continues to be such a fail for me after playing it many times. I still shake my head considering what it could have been.

Really, 50 whole times? That’s a lot? I play my games hundreds of times. Maybe over a thousand if I really like them. 50 games is nothing. And yet you might change your mind about a game 2 of 3 times in those 50 plays. “Critical components” can become less important as other aspects of a game take on more importance.

I know I don’t really care for Munsters right now. I’ve played it about 15-20 times. How the hell can I really know? I know right now I don’t like it, but in another 20-30 plays I might change my mind. I’ve played Wonka even less. Not impressed. But I haven’t discovered it’s charms now have I? I haven’t played it enough.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Really, 50 whole times? That’s a lot? I play my games hundreds of times. Maybe over a thousand if I really like them. 50 games is nothing. And yet you might change your mind about a game 2 of 3 times in those 50 plays. “Critical components” can become less important as other aspects of a game take on more importance.
I know I don’t really care for Munsters right now. I’ve played it about 15-20 times. How the hell can I really know? I know right now I don’t like it, but in another 20-30 plays I might change my mind. I’ve played Wonka even less. Not impressed. But I haven’t discovered it’s charms now have I? I haven’t played it enough.

The issue is I don't want to play it 50 times. It's boring.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

The issue is I don't want to play it 50 times. It's boring.

#59 4 years ago

It took playing and owning quite a few boring games before I realized I needed another Judge Dredd. Theme resonates, and when you get that thing rocking, there is nothing else like it. You just gotta get it in the groove.

When she says "Death!", you know you're almost there.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It took playing and owning quite a few boring games before I realized I needed another Judge Dredd. Theme resonates, and when you get that thing rocking, there is nothing else like it. You just gotta get it in the groove.
When she says "Death!", you know you're almost there.

What thread is this?

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Super DUPER stoned it sounds like

AS is fun!

00339EE2-8FDF-4651-96D9-8266D20FABD5.gif00339EE2-8FDF-4651-96D9-8266D20FABD5.gif
#62 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In the ball trough, just before getting to the shooter lane. Perhaps an easy fix,

Easy fix. Plunger at the end of the ball trough that kicks the ball up to the shooter lane is a very tiny bit too high. Is adjustable. 4 screws at very end of the ball trough. The whole plunger/coil assembly can go up or down.

LTG : )

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What thread is this?

Well, it's not exactly one of those club threads or specific to any particular sub forum.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For me it's A+. I don't know what else you really need to grade it any higher.
As mentioned a full feature loaded playfield with perhaps the coolest ball lock ever. Beautiful hand drawn artwork true to the theme. Rocking music. And more modes that you will rarely complete in any given game. And a back door to the wizard mode that looks simple enough on paper.

And it's not one of those 80's old man themes they keep trotting out! The 70's were a whole lot better

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And it's not one of those 80's old man themes they keep trotting out! The 70's were a whole lot better

Anything's better that the sterilized plastic 1980s.

#66 4 years ago

So bad, that when Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was shown on TV in the 1980s, the entire boat ride sequence was deleted in fear of shocking the new audience.

#67 4 years ago

dredd is prob the only pin I ever sold I miss.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I was sure when I sold mine a few years back that the industry was well on it's way to giving us the blood and guts and politically incorrect language pinball was always known for. Swami was having a serious mental block that day.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Same here,back then I always wanted something new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-reviewits-time-to-eat-my-words/page/2?hl=valis666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.