Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pirates or Wonka”

• Pirates of the Carribean 21 votes
      22%
    • Gene Wilder's Willie Wonka 76 votes
      78%

(97 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I'm a JJP fan. I think they make great machines. But, don't we have enough "pirate" games?

I'd rather see them stop building Pirates of the Caribbean and work on Gene Wilder's Willie Wonka.

Who else would prefer that? Take the poll.

#2 5 years ago

I prefer the toys and playfield layout of wonka, but the rules and art on pirates is way better.

It’s a real pickle!

#3 5 years ago

You dont really think that they would even consider dropping all of the work that they have put into POTC for the last couple of years and start building Willie Wonka do you?? Thats not going to happen so you may as well quit dreaming.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from voodle:

But, don't we have enough "pirate" games?

You mean, Black Rose and two badly done PotC adaptations with no actual movie content? I'd like more pirate games personally

#5 5 years ago

Hey Levi, do you know something we don’t?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I prefer the toys and playfield layout of wonka, but the rules and art on pirates is way better.
    It’s a real pickle!

I had an email conversation with JJP about 4years ago and he said wonka couldn’t happen because of licensing.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

I had an email conversation with JJP about 4years ago and he said wonka couldn’t happen because of licensing.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from voodle:

I'm a JJP fan. I think they make great machines. But, don't we have enough "pirate" games?
    I'd rather see them stop building Pirates of the Caribbean and work on Gene Wilder's Willie Wonka.
    Who else would prefer that? Take the poll.

I think we have enough pinballs already, and they should just close up shop.

#8 5 years ago

Time changes things... At least I hope so.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from voodle:

don't we have enough "pirate" games?

I'd rather see more real pirate games, than fake, themed for kids "Disney" pirate games or kids movies like Willy Wonka.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You dont really think that they would even consider dropping all of the work that they have put into POTC for the last couple of years and start building Willie Wonka do you?? Thats not going to happen so you may as well quit dreaming.

No, I just think it needs to get pushed out, sell what they can, and move onto a grand slam knock it outta the park WOZ level Willy Wonka.

Any excitement I had for JJP POTC is gone.

#11 5 years ago

I really want a Harry Potter not that I’m even a fan. I just think the content is there to do great things.

#12 5 years ago

I can only imagine the mountain of licensing for a Harry Potter pin.

#13 5 years ago

Wonka should be pretty epic. Even the haters have to admit that the movie is, from start to finish, a visual delight and totally unique experience.
    Charlie, Wonka, Umpa Lumpas, Mike TV, Violet, Varuca, everlasting gobstoppers...yes they'll ALL be represented by 1inch round avatars on a stale background being crossed off as you journey through the game. It's almost to good to imagine.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

4 years is a LONG time in entertainment. And with the "classic" Wonka themed slot machines out in the last few years, licensing seems to be chugging right along. Wonka is coming. If they were smart, they'd try hooking up with a candy bar company to insert some golden tickets in them good for a Wonka pinball machine.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

move onto a grand slam knock it outta the park WOZ level Willy Wonka.

Agreed
    The Original Willy Wonka was made for JJP.
    Even though the one precedes
    the other by almost 50yrs!
    JJP has what it takes
    to produce the ultimate
    Willy Wonka machine:
    Imagination

#16 5 years ago

A Wonka pin would be bonkers cool, you could have a little factory toy on the playfield with a big W gate that opens and a little vertical sign on a smokestack that lights up to spell WONKA. Extra balls could be everlasting gobstoppers, you could collect all the lickable wallpaper flavors, you could count down a clock to open the factory gates, the bonus game animation could be the gold-finding machine grabbing for either a ticket or a gold filling in a tooth. There could be a tube on that a ball gets "stuck" in and you have to increase the pressure to fire it out for a two-ball boat-ride multiball frenzy, there could be a mixing funnel over the pop bumpers that's supported by little 3D-printed Oompa-Loompas. You could have to get a blue powerball to the juicing room ASAP and if the countdown gets to zero...well, you know.

Or there could be a POTC pin.

#17 5 years ago

Wonka is coming. If they were smart, they'd try hooking up with a candy bar company to insert some golden tickets in them good for a Wonka pinball machine.

Outstanding!
    If only...

#18 5 years ago

I gotta wonder where all the ten year old kids that like either one of these are going to get 10 grand to pay for it. lol.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I gotta wonder where all the ten year old kids that like either one of these are going to get 10 grand to pay for it. lol.

Raises hand.....10+++ years old.

#20 5 years ago

As with all JJP games Wonka would be way cool but as with all JJP pins they are to expensive for me.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

No, I just think it needs to get pushed out, sell what they can, and move onto a grand slam knock it outta the park WOZ level Willy Wonka.
    Any excitement I had for JJP POTC is gone.

I think your excitement for pinball is gone all together because you dont seem to enjoy the hobby at all. Lots of complaining constantly from you seems like. Not being a dick, just sayin.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s a real pickle!

I love the wizard mode on Wonka - epic rules.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

You mean, Black Rose and two badly done PotC adaptations with no actual movie content? I'd like more pirate games personally

Stern POTC is a pretty great game.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Stern POTC is a pretty great game.

Pretty game, yes. Great game? No. Too shallow and repetitive. I've had it three times. I don't think there will be a 4th.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty game, yes. Great game? No. Too shallow and repetitive. I've had it three times. I don't think there will be a 4th.

The ship may be the best “toy” in modern pinball.

Why would you own any game more than once? ...three times?

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

The ship may be the best “toy” in modern pinball.
    Why would you own any game more than once? ...three times?

I only allow myself a couple pins at a time as a recovering pinaholic. So after a while I think maybe Stern PotC was better than it really was, get it again, then realize it's still a pretty, boring game and sell it. There won't be a 4th time.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I only allow myself a couple pins at a time as a recovering pinaholic. So after a while I think maybe Stern PotC was better than it really was, get it again, then realize it's still a pretty, boring game and sell it. There won't be a 4th time.

its not boring play better!!

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I really want a Harry Potter not that I’m even a fan. I just think the content is there to do great things.

Terrible... but great

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

its not boring play better!!

Play better? The ball times are already way too long, hence the boring part. I didn't say it was hard, I said it was a snore to play since there's not a whole lot to do.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

As with all JJP games Wonka would be way cool but as with all JJP pins they are to expensive for me.

I agree. I can’t get excited about a 9k game. I don’t really play much on location and I’m not spending that much on a game for my house. And at that price, the sales seem to be significantly less than a $5-6000 game and therefore less available on the used market.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

10 year olds back in the 70’s have plenty of cash to burn based on the current market. 10 year olds today don’t know wtf WW is.

#32 5 years ago

When is pirates coming out?

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

When is pirates coming out?

A few months ago, Butch said August, and he should know.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-or-pirates?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.