Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zaphX
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F8403B11-4D88-4777-A8FD-9921BDDAF78E (resized).jpeg
    There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

I'm getting both, will let you know.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Need a roommate?

#53 5 years ago

WONKA! Next question...

#54 5 years ago

Oktoberfest is a lot of fun and has some unique features . You can even play with right two buttons and drink with your left hand . Has a cool Tapper type video mode . Good ruleset . My customers are really enjoying it and it is a quality made pin . American Pinball also gives excellent service !

F8403B11-4D88-4777-A8FD-9921BDDAF78E (resized).jpegF8403B11-4D88-4777-A8FD-9921BDDAF78E (resized).jpeg
    #55 5 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

Wonka or Oktoberfest?

I can see owning both.

Just a matter of time. No rush.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

With Steve Ritchie's BK3 & Pat Lawlor's Wonka almost available, I'm shocked anyone is even remotely interested in Octoberfest.
    I haven't seen Wonka, and I'd pick Wonka. The art/animation/sound package on Octoberfest is truly embarrassing...if you're spending this much on a new game, get one from the professionals.

Played multiple games on all 3 yesterday Black Knight is most appealing for 2 reasons
    1 it is pretty fun
    2 it can be had for about 2 grand cheaper than Wonka Or Oktoberfest
    But between Wonka and Oktoberfest being the same price I’d take Oktoberfest

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Played multiple games on all 3 yesterday Black Knight is most appealing for 2 reasons
    1 it is pretty fun
    2 it can be had for about 2 grand cheaper than Wonka Or Oktoberfest
    But between Wonka and Oktoberfest being the same price I’d take Oktoberfest

Yeah I’m pretty happy with paying $7k for Oktoberfest by comparison

#58 5 years ago

A man has to keep a certain image when playing pinball in a public setting. We played Cue Ball, Fireball, Nine Ball,tough looking machines, cool machines with cool call outs like "Stop talking and start chalking".. Octoberfest would be the machine I would go to in a bar. Sorry, but tutti-frutti oompahs flying around and digital carnival music just won't cut it. The Wonka play looks fun, they could quickly come out with another Theme and offer two new games. I suggest a western gunfighter- samurai- kind of thing with plenty of Babes on the backglass.

That will do it.

#59 5 years ago

LCD animations on Wonka blow Oktoberfest away!

Prefer Oktoberfest from a theme point of view.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah I’m pretty happy with paying $7k for Oktoberfest by comparison

It’s come a long way since I played it at expo , I am really liking it .

#61 5 years ago

I would need to play both to make a judgement,however,the reveal for Wonka didn't move me!!! I also would fear that Oktoberfest will shoot like a Houdini To be continued!!!!

1 month later
    #62 4 years ago

I played Wonka and Octoberfest yesterday at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown.

My Octoberfest games were memorable (still thinking about them), but not so much my Wonka play. In fact, nothing from my Wonka play is memorable at all.

I might as well not have played it.

Disclosure: I like beer though.

#63 4 years ago

Played them both for the first time and extensively today at the NW Show.

Not even close for me. The winner is ...
    Oktoberfest!

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You F’n overachiever

I look FW to your thoughts on Oktoberfest

Post a drunken review for all to see or PM me when you get a solid opinion on it mang.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

You F’n overachiever
    I look FW to your thoughts on Oktoberfest
    Post a drunken review for all to see or PM me when you get a solid opinion on it mang.

I love it Curly, great game. I'll be posting my drunken review AGAIN tomorrow on the new code.

It's when i do my best work. LOL

#66 4 years ago

The choice is pretty simple. Do you like to drink beer and rock out on your weekend nights playing pinball or suck on a lollipop and listen to chimes and tinker bells. Honestly these 2 games couldn't be more opposite.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

The choice is pretty simple. Do you like to drink beer and rock out on your weekend nights playing pinball or suck on a lollipop and listen to chimes and tinker bells. Honestly these 2 games couldn't be more opposite.

I dunno man. Wonka is a cool theme. Purdy sure he put acid in some of his candy.

#68 4 years ago

I have played both. I was surprised by how much I liked Oktoberfest.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from dawgs:

have played both. I was surprised by how much I liked Oktoberfest

Same here!!!!

#70 4 years ago

Well, played both yesterday at NWPAS and I have to say I am a little underwhelmed by Wonka. As a theme I wanted to love it, but as an actual implemented game I am worried that to meet the $7.5k price they skimped on some areas. Seems like it is made up for in graphics and plastics, not really a JJP blow me out of the water kind of thing. It's sort of like Houdini in one aspect, I really want to love the theme (for obvious reasons) but I just can't like the shots and tightness of the game.

Octoberfest wouldn't be my first choice in a next pin, but I do like it. It's unique.. and you have to hand it to a company doing something unique. I think the shots are great, the use of space is really nice and the overall theme and graphics are a big improvement on Houdini.

That being said, after I started this thread I bought a JJPOTC so debate is over for me, lol. I also lucked in to a great priced TOTAN so my pin budget is blown for a while. I'd probably go for a used Wonka or Octoberfest if/when the prices come down. Heck, I might even go for a used Houdini if they keep falling. But I think our next pin will be my first Stern, a Deadpool.

#71 4 years ago

After I started this thread I bought a JJPOTC and a TOTAN so the debate is over for me.
    And I think my next pin will be Deadpool.

Sure, start the whole debate going and then bail completely on it.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Sure, start the whole debate going and then bail completely on it.

Heh, well, I did make a choice.. it just wasn't one of those two. The issue I had was I couldn't find an Octoberfest to play until just now at the show and even then I got one game in waiting 20 minutes and it was all of 1 minute of game play. And, of course, it was the first opportunity for a Wonka play. If I hadn't bought a POTC I would probably still go that route after playing Wonka.

#73 4 years ago

Heck, I might even go for a used Houdini if they keep falling. But I think our next pin will be my first Stern, a Deadpool.

I think Houdini is a gem... especially at these prices. It is a difficult shooting game at first. I believe that is because it shoots very differently than a Stern. The shots are tight but when you’re in the zone there is no better game. Super deep rules and really well thought out modes. No chopping wood on Houdini. I’ve had my Houdini for over a year and still not made it to a wizard mode yet. Yet some of the modes along the way have a wizard mode feel such as Man From Beyond is insane! Very underrated in my opinion.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

I think Houdini is a gem... especially at these prices. It is a difficult shooting game at first. I believe that is because it shoots very differently than a Stern. The shots are tight but when you’re in the zone there is no better game. Super deep rules and really well thought out modes. No chopping wood on Houdini. I’ve had my Houdini for over a year and still not made it to a wizard mode yet. Yet some of the modes along the way have a wizard mode feel such as Man From Beyond is insane! Very underrated in my opinion.

It's also the question of limited space.. what games do I want to fill the 5 maybe 6 slots I have available. If the prices keep coming down it may be tempting enough to own one. I swear I bounced off the keyway every shot but once or twice in my entire game. I think American did a lot better with the shots on Oktoberfest.

6 months later
    #75 4 years ago

wondering what people are liking better now they both have been out awhile?

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

still Wonka.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Played both at a show and took the Oktoberfest home. Wonka presentation is more refined but Oktoberfest just shoots better and is more fun to play for me. Large collection where every machine gets just a few plays: Wonka - small collection where you play the same machines very often: Oktoberfest

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

Played both at a show and took the Oktoberfest home. Wonka presentation is more refined but Oktoberfest just shoots better and is more fun to play for me. Large collection where every machine gets just a few plays: Wonka - small collection where you play the same machines very often: Oktoberfest

small world, did you buy the one for sale at pincinnati by chance? Really wanted to try it but by the time I got there it was turned off.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

small world, did you buy the one for sale at pincinnati by chance? Really wanted to try it but by the time I got there it was turned off.

Ya I did - couldn't resist it. Come by if you want to play it, seems like you are close enough here.

#80 4 years ago

I wanted to like Wonka but everytime I play I dont like the sounds and the shots seem easy. My Oktoberfest still keeps me plenty entertained.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

Ya I did - couldn't resist it. Come by if you want to play it, seems like you are close enough here.

id be happy to take you up on that!

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

id be happy to take you up on that!

Gladly
    Just give me a heads-up so I'm actually there. My missus tends to fill my calendar up!

3 months later
    #83 3 years ago

Oktoberfest!!!

#84 3 years ago

Wonka is quite good. Once you figure it out! The “easy” shots aren’t too meaningful unless you set up modes, multipliers, multiballs. I like it!

#85 3 years ago

Wonka by a mile. If you think Wonka is easy...think again!

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-or-octoberfest-/page/2?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.