5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by jfrazie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Williams IJ or Wonka SE”

• Wonka 24 votes
      24%
    • Indiana Jones 77 votes
      76%

(101 votes)

#1 5 months ago

Both in very good condition. No mods.
    Both are 6500$. Which one do I choose!?

#2 5 months ago

A Wonka standard at $6500 is easy to find. A very good Indy at $6500? That's a unicorn these days for sure, especially if the cabinet is not faded. I have both and Indy all the way!

#3 5 months ago

Indiana Jones since its def more rare..

#4 5 months ago

Indiana Jones will one day - if it isn't already - be the highest value WPC game. It's a top theme, done perfectly, fun game, and will not be remade most likely.

#5 5 months ago

Just be clear it’s a Williams Indy, and not a Stern!

#6 5 months ago

IJ, for sure. And it's not even close.

#7 5 months ago

The only two pins i own so far are both of these, and even then it's a hard choice to give you. I like how smooth and quick Wonka plays, and i like the playfield layout on the IJ. I would choose the IJ if you intend to restore since you will increase its value and IJ has already established a solid valuation.

#8 5 months ago

IJ TPA. Or get Wonka now and wait for the IJ TPA remake..

#9 5 months ago

Well hell, you guys are making it easy on me. I was tempted to get both! lol

Also, I am not sure IJ will be remade due to license issues.

#10 5 months ago

Make the pac man sound. Wonka Wonka Wonka Wonka !

LTG : )

#11 5 months ago
    Quoted from jfrazie:

Also, I am not sure IJ will be remade due to license issues.

i dont think it would happen either, and not due to an issue with licensing, Disney would probably be more than happy to license the them out. Of course, the pin would end up costing $20,000...

#13 5 months ago

I'll chime in from 4 years ago I posted this in another thread... my vote is Williams Indy.

From the second you pop a credit in and hear that whip crack.. you immediately get submerged into the Indiana Jones theme... The John Williams score which plays throughout majority of the game play is one of the greatest scores of all time. Plunger ? no... you are Indiana Jones... and you pull the gun which looks rather similar to his Smith and Wesson. You get to manipulate the I-N-D-Y letters at the top of the playfield to get your friends, which leads to points and extra balls. The pop bumpers begin to click and pop while you punch the Nazi in the face on the DMD... Your adventure has only just begun.... Do you start to have a ramp party, go for the idol drop targets, locking and revealing multi ball (with a great animation sequence on the dmd running from the boulder)... Did you happen to get a narrow escape without a drain one of the most satisfying feelings ! Perhaps you are choosing wisely in a video mode, or shifting your mine cart safely to the end or purposely attempting to reveal the easter egg... Did you spell ADVENTURE yet ?? go for that ramp... You are now controlling the upper mini playfield ! Careful don't fall just yet... earn that extra ball !! .... Pop bumpers are now worth 1 million!! how convenient you just got asps 6-ball multi ball... but they are very dangerous so you go first... Did you go for the captured ball behind the idol ? ... Perhaps you made it to the "Fish of Tales"... You call this archeology ?... Listen I came here to save you... I can go on and on, and of all of the machines mentioned in this thread, Williams Indiana Jones is certainly a keeper... a holy grail if you will. I have a decent sized collection of vids & pins and truth be told it would be my last game to go.

#14 5 months ago

Is there a 3rd choice?

#15 5 months ago

One you will keep for a year and one you will keep forever

#16 5 months ago

I’m in the minority here, but IMO IJ is a slow turd. Awesome theme integration, sounds, music, rules...but kinda clunky and slow. I’ve owned two IJ over the years, will not own another.

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

IJ TPA. Or get Wonka now and wait for the IJ TPA remake..

won't ever happen. IJ won't be remade.

#18 5 months ago
    Quoted from jake35:

won't ever happen. IJ won't be remade.

What is the reason for that? I remember people here were speculating a remake was possible when Mirco announced playfield remakes last month.

#19 5 months ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I'll chime in from 4 years ago I posted this in another thread... my vote is Williams Indy.
    From the second you pop a credit in and hear that whip crack.. you immediately get submerged into the Indiana Jones theme... The John Williams score which plays throughout majority of the game play is one of the greatest scores of all time. Plunger ? no... you are Indiana Jones... and you pull the gun which looks rather similar to his Smith and Wesson. You get to manipulate the I-N-D-Y letters at the top of the playfield to get your friends, which leads to points and extra balls. The pop bumpers begin to click and pop while you punch the Nazi in the face on the DMD... Your adventure has only just begun.... Do you start to have a ramp party, go for the idol drop targets, locking and revealing multi ball (with a great animation sequence on the dmd running from the boulder)... Did you happen to get a narrow escape without a drain one of the most satisfying feelings ! Perhaps you are choosing wisely in a video mode, or shifting your mine cart safely to the end or purposely attempting to reveal the easter egg... Did you spell ADVENTURE yet ?? go for that ramp... You are now controlling the upper mini playfield ! Careful don't fall just yet... earn that extra ball !! .... Pop bumpers are now worth 1 million!! how convenient you just got asps 6-ball multi ball... but they are very dangerous so you go first... Did you go for the captured ball behind the idol ? ... Perhaps you made it to the "Fish of Tales"... You call this archeology ?... Listen I came here to save you... I can go on and on, and of all of the machines mentioned in this thread, Williams Indiana Jones is certainly a keeper... a holy grail if you will. I have a decent sized collection of vids & pins and truth be told it would be my last game to go.

Can't describe any better than that! IJ

#20 5 months ago

Indy is a much, much, much better game. Not even close.

#21 5 months ago

It’s in insult to the community to even compare IJ and Wonka.

IJ is the best and most complete game ever made in my opinion. Everything about it, theme integration, difficulty, modes, music need I say more!

#22 5 months ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

I’m in the minority here, but IMO IJ is a slow turd. Awesome theme integration, sounds, music, rules...but kinda clunky and slow. I’ve owned two IJ over the years, will not own another.

I'm with you... one of my favorite themes and I absolutely love all the original movies. However I don't care for the pin for one reason or another . I've went to purchase the game twice and decided not to bc I don't like the gameplay unfortunately.

#23 5 months ago

Can’t we act like civilized people? IJ

#24 5 months ago

If you don’t want the 6500$ Indy send them my way and I’ll buy it

#25 5 months ago

Even know im not a fan of ij.... one for 6500 is a no brainer right now. Wonka is my favorite pin but they are eaiser to get and will be easy to get nib for years. You can't lose on the ij and cld probably trade it down the road for a Wonka le even up lol.

#26 5 months ago

both good games, but IJ is best use of theme that Williams ever did in my opinion. Can you imagine what JJP could do with the theme today? Would be insane. If I had to choose, I'd take Indy all day. Brassed out with color DMD, awesome looking machine. I may be biased because I own one.

#27 5 months ago

Indiana Jones without question! Wonka is average at best!

#28 5 months ago

IJTPA continues to be the game I want to love but that gameplay....it just doesn't click for me even though SO much else does. I've tried to convince myself 3 times and I end up selling it saying never again - and then I see it live in person and it's such a looker, with such a great theme, sound, superpin the whole package and then I play it....disappointing.

I'll prob buy it again. Not proud to say it haha.

No brainer though here at 6500. Buy IJ.

#29 5 months ago
    Quoted from jake35:

both good games, but IJ is best use of theme that Williams ever did in my opinion. Can you imagine what JJP could do with the theme today? Would be insane. If I had to choose, I'd take Indy all day. Brassed out with color DMD, awesome looking machine. I may be biased because I own one.

JJp might be a cool IJ but would it have the theme music? actor video content? Call outs from the movie?
    If not then it wouldn’t be better than the Williams IJ.

Such a great game!

#30 5 months ago

Thank you, thank you for all the input!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Silverball Swag
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 139.00
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    € 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside