(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,218 posts
  • 273 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by playernumber4
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 217 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (9 months ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 9 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Far as I know the playfield art is the same as the LE/SE, but with glitter.

When the clear cracks, does it shower the playfield with glitter? Best lightshow ever.

#105 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Clear is too soft on these jjPotC and Wonka Mirco playfields for that. You're thinking of Dialed In. That had the brittle clear.

First post in this thread shows chipped / cracked clear.

#110 9 months ago

Whatever man, thanks for ruining my joke.

#258 9 months ago

Yeah, this is fantasyland stuff, calling Visa to get $10k back because the paint chipped on a toy.

#323 9 months ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

an interesting hole by the upper left flipper.

Flipper alignment hole.

#390 9 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

This support made me comfy enough to buy a JP2 LE but if pooling on the pro is being reported I really don't want to deal with this crap again.

Yeah, I went through the ringer with MMR playfield issues and don't want to deal with it again. I know that's a different company, but the hassle is all the same to me. I ordered a JP2 premium, but have no problem canceling if it seems like a fair number of the pros have clear issues. I'm a patient man; I'll just wait and buy a HUO game with a proven good playfield. Just say no to NIB roulette.

#547 9 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Considering most people bought their Wonka and POTC through a distributor, wouldn't going the credit card route (dispute, warranty, etc) just hurt the distributor?

Maybe at first, but if you hit the distributor in the wallet, I guarantee the pain will flow upstream to JJP. Then JJP will make Mirco feel the pain. Do what you can do, and let the natural market forces work it out.

#557 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wouldn't it be a lot easier and best for all involved if they took the time and effort to do it right the first time?

Be a lot easier to just eat the pickles or take 'em off yourself.

#606 9 months ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I checked the Stern JP. The clear looked good for now. The owner (I don’t think it was factory) did put metal washers under the slingshot star posts.

It’s factory.

#798 9 months ago

The higher the defect rate, the less likely they will take care of customers. 5 out of 1,000? Fully populated replacement playfield with shipping covered both ways. 500 out of 1,000? Maybe we'll sell you a blank playfield at cost plus shipping. Replacing hundreds of playfields for free would put them out of business. Not doing it might eventually have the same effect, though.

#880 9 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

A flipper alignment hole would not have that post there

JP2 upper flipper does. Look at the artwork; it's clearly that area of the playfield.

#904 9 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

All good except the last two minutes when the distributor hat comes out.

Seriously, he should edit that part out because it’s terrible terrible optics in my opinion as a seller of these brands.

Yeah, the part where he starts yelling & swearing, pretty cringe-inducing. "Next week I could die in a fiery crash down the highway, and I'm not worried about, ooh, my brake pads have a little bit of residue and cracking, no!" A better cargument would be, what if the paint was flaking off around the door handles and a car salesmen yelled at you on a podcast to just keep buying cars, don't worry about it.

At one point the guest says "no else cares about that little ding but you." Here's the thing: I pay for my games, so my opinion is the one that matters. You know who else cares? Every guy I might ever sell it to.

#1052 9 months ago

Just ignore that guy. He'll quickly tire of the pointless bickering if he's punching air.

#1206 9 months ago

Jesus.

#1228 9 months ago

There are two reasons to post in this thread.

A: you're concerned about the issue
B: trolling

Whole lot of column B happening lately. Don't feed 'em.

#1231 9 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

A little playing with words can be tolerated, no?

I was thinking more of Andre the Giant than Frankenstein.

#1242 9 months ago

I certainly don't want to speak for Charlie, but replacing 300+ playfields (especially populated swaps) could put a small company out of business. Washers are probably the lesser of two evils.

#1352 9 months ago

I would love to have so much free time that I could spend hours on something I don't care about and doesn't affect me.

#1669 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I can simply wait a few weeks and let someone else take the NIB hit.

Wanna buy one with clear & art chipped down to bare wood around several posts? If so, do you expect price to reflect condition?

A better question, why write a couple thousand words about an issue that wouldn’t bother you, hypothetically, if you were a NIB buyer, which you’re not? Incredibly bored? No holiday weekend plans? Just wanna rile up people who care about something you don’t?

#1825 9 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Per request, I can't discuss the details of my back and forth communication between me, my distributor, and JJP.

It's always this hush-hush crap in the pinball industry. Back when my MMR playfield was so bad that CGC drove a populated playfield to my house and swapped it, I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement. But I don't give a shit anymore. NDAs are barely worth the paper they're printed on.

#1897 9 months ago
Quoted from rs812:

Pooling but no chip = discounted unpopulated PF

Chipping = free unpopulated PF

So if you have bad pooling, tap on it with a chisel, $550 saved.

#2006 8 months ago

Ugh, just post it in one place.

#2067 8 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Has it EVER occurred to you that some of us aren't affected, and even if we were, perhaps we just don't care?

That definitely occurred to me. What I can't figure out is why people in those categories are wasting time in this thread instead of playing their games.

2 weeks later
#2154 8 months ago

They’d be ridiculed mercilessly if peppermint washers were the official company fix.

3 weeks later
#2177 7 months ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

You're worse than the people complaining. How many times have you played the apologist? 100 posts in 20 different threads? Give it a rest ffs.

Yeah, I can't imagine visiting a thread about a problem that doesn't bother me 100 times to say "this doesn't bother me!" but it takes all kinds.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside