(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Interesting that spooky just cut out the art in the areas where the posts hit the PF. Maybe they still have ink adhesion worries and are just doing a workaround?

That idea makes a good deal of sense.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Lol, you’re the Stern hater on a mission and are the one to be ignored. You hate the fact that I’m calling it like it is. Noticed you don’t have much to say in your normal defense of JJP and all these clear coat issues?

The clearcoat issue is pretty awful. I don't think any rational customer or potential customer is disputing that.

That said, do you wish to add anything constructive or just chime in incessantly for some odd reason?

#928 4 years ago

Whoah doggies. Left this thread for the weekend, and just spent 25 minutes and five pages catching up.....

Sadly, I don't feel any new developments will occur until or if official statements are made by manufacturers.

Other than that, the number of photos posted and buyers not buying, will continue.

1 week later
#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You are speculating numbers... and YOU GOT A FREE PLAYFIELD NEIL... so ??? Only washers??? How is that only washers? Was it the fully populated free everything you wanted shipped to the UK? Nope... but it was far more than washers, and you were one of only DOZENS OF BOARDS WE SENT OUT FOR FREE.
Yeah I know... still not good enough. Sorry. Did our best.

Should a person who hides behind a keyboard be allowed to be a constant source of attack when they serve no purpose but to cause drama? We've done as much or more than any company large or small to make this right with everyone and been pretty damn transparent in the process... we've also SOLVED the issue and have had NO further instances. Compared to the present state of things, I'd say that's pretty good.
You've made a lot of posts bitching on a website. We've made thousands of games that have had ups and downs and will be here long after we're all LOOOOONG gone. I'd say that's doing something positive for pinball.
Off this thread for good... bash away you two.

I finally caught up in this thread after a few days away, so I apologize for this oddly late reply here.

I don't know the exact details of what occured here between Neil and Charlie, as an outsider I see this not as a statement of goodwill, but more as antagonistic and refuting fault.

If Neil had anything shipped to him, even at no cost, he still has the right to be upset at his purchase having innate issues that affected value and his attitude towards his game.

There's no justification to address him or Greenhornet in such a "hostile" way, when he wasn't at fault for supporting Spooky Pinball via buying a faulty game. Then to door slam the conversation, and not allow input with him within this thread or others to banter back and forth before leaving, seems more angsty, enraged teenager, than sensible and empathetic business owner. Making amends for issues...your...product had, shouldn't be something to crow about with pride, even if the competition is currently lacking such "standards".

Resolve issues with care, ideally so, rather than rant, caps lock argue, and be demeaning towards users here, whether you feel they are just or not. If you disagree with someone's opinions, that's fine, but also understand that as a company owner, it's entirely acceptable for customers or users to not agree with your viewpoints, sans whatever type of soundoff was displayed here.

As someone who has played every Spooky title, and considered them as a possible purchase at some point, this attitude echoed by Charlie feels really offputting and unprofessional.

#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I opened a support case on their website. Every one of my support cases gets a ticket number. I would assume the same would be true for you too. The one I opened with them concerning my clear coat issues is that number. I have several other support cases with them, but most of the rest of them have all been closed/resolved.
I still have another case regarding airballs that I'm annoyed with - their response to my factory ramp airballs was to turn down my flipper coils. Um, no thanks. I've heard some reports that they've shipped some other games with a ramp cover to help with this. Not sure if that's the "standard" going forward now or not, but whatever is being done for future games released needs to be made available to those of us early adopters who don't have it.

I think the plastic guards were shipping out on LE's. I'd imagine, hope, they'd give you one for a standard.

Quoted from TonyScoots:

Going to need this guy working soon for JJP[quoted image]

That is not Richie Wrench.....

#2004 4 years ago

I'm going to post this comment in each thread I've posted about regarding POTC or JJP playfield issues. (Adding text to avoid double post error.)

I feel like anytime a company or individual is criticized for a lack of quality within their output, they should be equally commended when that output is adjusted.

I received an email from Jack before I headed out for work midday Thursday. I work second shift, and Friday had a voicemail left by him when I awoke, and called him back immediately.

Jack seemed earnest, gracious, and humbled in his offer of a new playfield to correct my issues with my POTC playfield tear and rippling. For me, this is the best I could hope for. I don't expect a fully populated playfield swap, or an outright machine exchange. What I am receiving is acknowledgment openly of the issues that have occured within this game, and done so by the company face of said product.

I respect this move. And it gives me greater confidence towards JJP then I had two months ago.

Jack as well, seemed confident these issues are being course corrected moving forward, and his overall tone was upbeat, wishing to make amends, and continue and improve customer relations. In my mind, for me and my situation, that has occurred.

That said, if it weren't for every single person being vocal on this issue, on this forum or via podcasts, whether supporting or accepting these issues, this outcome might not be happening. So I am thankful to all of you, as well as Jack and JJP, for helping make this lovely game "whole" again once more.

I also hope everyone affected by this issue is made whole again as well.

#2013 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Ugh, just post it in one place.

Maybe, as I stated, I've posted regarding my own personal issue on my game over several different threads. I viewed one of the first issues going on with a Wonka SE, and as such I feel it's important that with each game that's had issues, they be reported and discussed, and equally so, that each case corrected, also be discussed openly.

I'm sorry if me repeating ONE post in three different threads once, irks you so.

This has been an issue in my life daily, wondering if any action at all would be taken by JJP and Jack, so again, when that action was taken, I'd like to discuss it, as much as I discussed the issues I had.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Great if a new PF makes you whole. Wouldn't do squat for me - it would just sit in my basement - I lack the time and skill to swap it and don't feel I should have to pay someone $1500 to do it for me. Now if JJP is offering the PF + covering the swap cost = all is good.
Anything less than that, are they are getting off the hook easy.

It's not ideal for me either, but I can't reasonably see JJP doing anything more than this. It's not ideal, but nothing in life is, and this is far, far better than nothing, which is what I received for the past four months.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Youre a good guy Wesman but you should expect nothing less than a fully populated defect free playfield in your brand new 10K game. I don’t know how these companies could legally get away with doing anything less honestly.

I'd like that too Who-Dey, but I know that won't occur.

#2014 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you even own a Wonka?

Do either BMore, Donk or Yancy?

Awesome to have feedback from people about an issue they haven't had personally, with a company they aren't dealing with.

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I'm sorry to hear you're happy getting screwed out of 1k because somebody gave you a phone call. I'd rather have the 1k personally (cost of populating said playfield).

Quoted from donkadelic:

Because dumb people continue to buy them. Same reason democrips and rebloodlicans continue to get elected.

Not happy, reasonably satisfied. It's been a miserable last four months of my life dealing with this issue. Thanks for your "support".

Who are you again..?

#2032 4 years ago

I'd like ideal, yet we don't live in an ideal world.

I came here to state I felt satisfied with my end situation. If people feel differently about...my...situation, so be it. I really don't wish to argue over how...I...feel about my purchase, and what I feel is fair.

This thread just feels miserable. I felt better about my game, my relationship with the owner of this company, and seemingly that still isn't acceptable to state.

Lordy....

#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That makes entirely too much sense!

I'd rather have a full game return and swap, than send a populated playfield back and forth.

Hoping no damage happens during shipping, then hoping installation of every single part is safely done by line workers that might be seasonal, on a game they'd have to be retrained on, then reinstall my Cliffys and mods on my own, or have them do it, etc.

For me, that's not ideal. I'd prefer a full swap, which isn't going to happen. After that an unpopulated playfield for security. And that will happen.

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

You dont trust the same people who would build your replacement game to swap your mechs to a new playfield?

Same company, most likely different people that are new to the game.

Stern seems to keep fulltime workers, and even then they may need retrained. I can only be sure of myself, taking extreme care with every part, every wire, every board, I engage on my games.

And for a full reinstall, that would be hundreds, thousands of parts needing swapped. The likelihood of me taking my time over days would give me better results, rather than workers maybe not so happy to be doing full reinstallations, one after the next, after the next, after the next.

In a fantasy world, I'd love to have others do it, really a guy like Christopher Hudgens. In reality, it would be safer for me to do it personally.

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I am in communication with JJP and Jack has called me, yes.
-wonka owner #08742206, play field #105, clear coat case #5107

What do you think the outcome will be?

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No, but they might drip ...

I've honestly worried if there's any concern leaving playfields in the box upright.

Leaving them flat would take so much room up in my house.

Any thoughts folks?

1 month later
#2196 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To be clear (no pun) it's not that I don't care, it's that it's not enough to stop me having fun and buying them, especially if the issue is small enough I can cover it (as it was with POTC.)
I only chimed back in on this pitchfork thread because the guy who said he was still going to buy was getting jumped on about it.
It's ok for him to keep buying just as it's ok for people who are sitting out to sit out. Nobody is right or wrong here.

Very true.

And it's fine for people to state things either way, and hopefully we can all agree to that.

I know until I get conclusive evidence via statement or firsthand experience, I'm not buying new NIB again. I just finally got a Hobbit NIB, but but thankfully that was just before this clearcoat issue occuring.

Hey Picklebutt, did someone say...MY...name???

Seriously, I respect your view, and Derek's, but name calling only creates animosity. So he feels differently than you, and....? He's been vehement for so long, as have others to get the issues fixed and ideally transparently so, that just accepting differing viewpoints should be the norm by now, especially on this issue.

c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).pngc9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.99
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 25.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.