(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#786 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I have absolutely zero reason to even question JJP or think that my WONKA CE will be anything less than absolute perfection...

...But, it hasn't happened to me so to me it's inappropriate and ridiculous to speculate on what would happen or what has happened to others based on what they chose to share in an online forum...

Zero reason to even question absolute perfection?! LOL, whatever dude. You can't be serious.

Not sure what being on an "online forum" has to do with anything. It is way more ridiculous to ignore this situation or try and smooth it over with handwaving and horrible logic, i.e. what you are doing.

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Okay everyone -- I just did my first podcast -- How cool was that - I think it will go up later this week. Kaneda was very nice and did not make me feel uncomfortable at all - We talked about about Pinball and my collection the the LE and CE worlds and of course we talked about the current issues with chipping of the playfields and my stand to opt out on my CE #12 Willy game - So it was fun. Hope it helps and lets see what happens. I think your guys and gals will like it and here is to a hopeful solution to this issue and more important ---- take care of those that have been effected by this.
I want to say "Thanks to all" and those supporting my decision and even to those that think I am nuts and taking this over the top - I nice to have a place where we can express our views. That is important as well.

I'm sorry, I don't mean this to be disrespectful, but I don't get it. You think making a podcast about opting out of a CE is going to get JJP to reverse course and give free playfield replacements to everyone affected?

I completely understand bailing on any NIB pin given the events of the past few weeks. I definitely don't see how cancelling a preorder on an expensive toy is something that needs to be "supported" or might be "over the top." Cancelling is a no-brainer here IMO until JJP at least makes a statement. (Sadly cancelling my JP2 premium first thing tomorrow morning )

#963 4 years ago

Talked with someone today with JJP and I have been assured that JJP is looking into this issue more serious and will be making an announcement coming soon. He did not want to tell me what it was as they are addressing some of these concerns, but he did assured me that this was being looked at very close at JJP. I was not looking for an answer, bit I did let him know my concerns and to please pass my concerns and request up the line to upper management.
My understanding is that the distributors will probably be among the first to know what JJP is going to do for those affected and it will get passed on down the line from the distributors.
I think this could be the reason why maybe there is a delay on the announcement on the CE details.
Well....here to a good response from JJP. Again, I be shocked if they did not find a way to make this right and help those that have been dealing with this issue on their own machines.

It sounds like you talked to a very low-ranking employee who told you what you wanted to hear, and you are calling it a success and now think you have influence in this matter all the way up to "upper management." That is kind of adorable, but you sound a little delusional, or maybe you are just a big fan of wishful thinking

JJP (or Stern) could put out a Tweet or FB post in under 30 seconds saying "we are looking into reports of issues and will have an announcement soon." The explanation you gave makes zero sense re: distributors and delays. JJP (and Stern) have known about this issue for a long time now and just need to say something, anything really.

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds better then Stern's response...
[quoted image]

You sure do argue in bad faith a lot This is the same thing you did in the GB thread when you took a quote from Dwight and hammered it into the ground, it's just a quote from Zach now.

Stern has already reached out to multiple people for playfield swaps and they have been in communication with me through my distributor. Maybe you are trying to make a joke, but the sentiment behind it is wrong/false.

Do not get me wrong...I was just reaching out and I just dont want to say the name.
Bottom line...It does not matter....Action speaks more than talk.
Simply put....JJP and any other manufacturer needs to speak up about this and make it right AND they need to make sure those effected are taken care of and trust me I know of a few personally and they better be taken care of. They can refund the money paid out for those playfields, offer populated playfield, fair discounts ...anything but make it fair and make it at NO cost to the customer.
Until then....
Richie Wrench is out on CE #12.....I dont care if that door comes powder coated...I AM OUT.
And as of today....I AM STILL OUT.
You see...That is my action....I am taking a stand for myself and those around me.
Dont believe me???
Call or text Joe at 3 AM tonight...He will tell you.

Appreciate you trying to fight the good fight sir!

#1136 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

I asked the JJP Google groups if there was a solution to the problem, they had a very quick fix for me.
Within 1 minute I was deleted from the group.

Please tell me this is a joke... like, wtf...

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

could of been a classic if Stern had a programmer that was dedicated to fine tuning the code....instead he's lazy and could give two shits

False. He was working on Star Wars, then Munsters, then GOT, now back to GB for a massive update. Every interview he has ever given shows how passionate he is.

I am not sure people realize how long it takes to code games in general...

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I don't equate some mounding clear at a few posts as being a RUINED playfield. So far as I can tell you guys are freaking out over extreme close-ups of minor manufacturing defects.
My Maiden has some mounding clear at some posts and still looks great after 5000+ plays.
Can anyone show me a ruined Wonka/Pirates/Maiden/JP playfield?

Just because the tables aren't completely ruined currently doesn't mean this isn't a big deal... If it was minor and inconsequential like you claim, Stern would not be sending out populated replacement playfields. You seem to be ignoring that fact.

And before you try and shift the goalposts to not believing that fact, I personally know two people getting replacements, one for Beatles, one for JP2, and I have an open case myself. There are plenty of Pinsiders reporting the same thing.

You do you though.

#1173 4 years ago

LOL at that response from NCR... Was so easy to get him to self-own that it was kind of boring

#1290 4 years ago

WOW - Still No Response from JJP?
13 Pages later from my official withdraw from the CE#12

No one at JJP can respond right now. The entire company is scrambling trying to fill the chaotic void you created. Two techs had to go to the hospital after the lightning bolt of news that was your "official withdraw" ripped its way through their office. There were also unconfirmed reports of someone trying to Gobstop themselves to death. Not a pretty scene...

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I seriously need to get the hell off Pinside.

You certainly are not adding anything of value to the discussions with your one-note troll shtick.

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I talked to Jack on the phone. It was splended. He fixed all my playfield issues.

He fed me BS and lied about his statements later in email.

Please share the emails

#1612 4 years ago

I truly feel that JJP is a great company.

LOL.

You swooped in on these threads and tried to pretend like you were the hero of the pinball masses and that months of silence and inaction on POTC/Wonka would be broken because the great and powerful Richie cancelled his order! I'm sure you mean well, but you are not a celebrity of any kind and no one really cares that you specifically cancelled your order. Just so you know. The only thing we have received recently is a shady copying of Stern's playfield damage disclaimer and a podcast full of sycophants lying to us saying NOW they will return our phone calls?!

JJP is NOT a great company. Please just stop.

#1614 4 years ago

so for those of you wondering if air was going back in on my Willy CE #12....NO...I am out still.
Thanks everyone

My friends and family have been on the edge of their seats all weekend wondering about this... I will pass the info along!

#1645 4 years ago

Richie, JJP has been given many chances. All huge fails so far. I am not exaggerating when I say that podcast/statement from them is one of the most embarrassing things I have ever heard. Sounds like you are trying to take your anger and disappointment at JJP out on me, but I don't want to play internet psychologist.

In a perfect world, a big time fancy important collector would be enough to move the needle and show the company they need to do something drastic and fast. Maybe that playfield replacement plan is rolling out really soon. What do I know?

Enjoy the rest of this lovely thread and whatever you get in place of Wonka! Don't let this thread be the end of your sanity please

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 91.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=tpir and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.