(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#840 4 years ago

Been following this for a long time and I also did not order Wonka. First JJP I did not order at all. Does not make a dent in the sales but it is the only thing I can do to make it clear that I am not accepting the bad quality and bad after sales. This is not in the spirit of JJP and it is sad to see that it eventually always boils down to money no mattter what the initial intentions of a company were.

But what puzzles me is this: times change, environmental laws change, everyting changes. But why do the playfields not change? I can think of several ways to make playfields completely differently than the "wood with ink on it" that the manufacturers keep clinging onto that would hold up much better than the current playfields. They would need no protectors, no cliffy's no nothing.

It is the same as with the clinging on to the DMD for so long, the manufacturers just do not want to change or are too set in their old ways to be able to think further than what they know. Very shortsighted if you ask me, because what they know has changed and they are not able to return to the old ways because of legislation. Instead of solving the problem, they just keep silent and keep on doing what they know, but does not work anymore.

Changing the playfield to something better does not take the soul out of pinball, it may just be that it could bring back the joy of it. Without the need for clearcoating there is also no worrying about the clearcoat.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Score (painted on wood playfield) you added in your head.
Ball drop cavities where you counted the balls and totaled score in your head.
Numbers screened on backglass you added up in your head.
Score reels that totaled score for you.
Numeric score displays (electronic).
Alpha-numeric score and word displays.
Monochrome DMD.
Color DMD.
LCD.

Stern never even made a Color DMD, modmakers did that. Even that was too far fetched for them. Change takes (too) long in pinball. The DMD was just an example which makes my point seeing how long it took for Stern to eventually go to the LCD screen. Without JJP they still would be using monochrome DMD.

edit: by the way evryone can post good looking old playfields all day long, fact is that it is not allowed anymore to make them like they used to. So until they find a water based clearcoat that is as good as the old clearcoats they used it is flawed to take them as an example.

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I like DMD better than LCD...

Actually me too Not saying change is always good, just saying change is sometimes necessary.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=ronaldvg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.