(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

When actual distributors are saying this, buyer beware! Stay clear of JJP!!

Ignore this A hole big time JJP hater on a mission from Stern headquarters!

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Where on the doll did JJP touch you...???
Jeff

Really what the hell is this dudes problem

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

On the money comment, but watch out the JJP moles will run you down for speaking the truth and call you names. Lol (They probably won’t now that I’ve called them out on it. Lol)

Your a small man,aren’t you?

#801 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Said the captain of the Titanic...

Looks like your beloved Stern is having their share of issues.I love those metal washers a thing of beauty they are!

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I actually thought this was funny. Lol

Show us the JJP games!

#901 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I see 2 slot machines & bedsheets with fake voices
Thankfully none of these new games move the needle for me. Enjoying the “oldies”.

Wonka is one of the most fun pins I’ve ever put in my lineup The family and friends are digging this one and so am I.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Talked to Marco a couple of times today. They did not provide Magical Productions the washer that were sent with tbe Marco posts my original buyer received.
I e-mailed MP asking where they got them from and they have yet to respond. In the meantime, Cale at Marco is trying to be helpful.
They have a "Lexan" washer they recommend. Part number is: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-34-GD
Here is a pic. Seems slightly tall to me.
[quoted image]

That’s what I’m putting on my sling starpost.Their not as thick in reality as picture would seem

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Only time will tell for sure. It's too bad we can seemingly spend more time here discussing issues with the games rather than actually playing them.
Rob

I’m actually playing Wonka everyday with the wife and son!
I put petg washers under Star post and went back to having fun.

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Please post a picture for us if you would upon installation. I'd like to get more and add to a couple of other areas. : )

Oops sorry just saw your post,
I’ll take and post pictures tonight

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

should a company that is 'small' be allowed a different expectation when it comes to correcting problems; one that is less costly, so that they wont go out of business ?

Yes what would you do under the same circumstances?

#1246 4 years ago

Well said Charlie!

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I can attest to the fact that the WW at Marvelous Marvin's in Farmington Hills, MI has pooling at the posts. The sad thing is that even if clear coat was not an issue with these games, they'd still have the issue of Stern-like chintziness that has not been present in JJP's earlier offerings.

I can see your point about clearcoat,but comparing Wonka SE to Stern is a stretch.The SE is solid especially at price point.
JJP did the right thing with the SE

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But that's not what Spooky did. According to the post by Charlie at Spooky that you congratulated, they sent out unpopulated replacement playfields to about 15% of the people in that lot of 300 machines, and washers to many (all?) of the others. You accepted that as "good job, Charlie!" but are now applying a completely different standard of fully populated replacement playfields from JJP or nothing. So, why the disconnect?
What I'm asking is if JJP did the SAME THING to resolve the issue that you thought was great when Spooky did it, why isn't that enough?

Dude your wasting your time with this chump!

#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Name calling again???

Yes I am

#1272 4 years ago

Stern is not giving everybody a populated playfield to make them whole.
That's just more of your Stern fan boy bullshit and you know it

#1475 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No mention of POTC owners at all, what BS.
Let me guess, this so called developing program for wonka owners with issues will be a post kit and a $550 PF for those with chipping, how awesome is that?
Jack is nothing more than a puppet who I lost all respect for, what a shit show JJP has become.

Who is Jack a puppet for ?
That podcast was torturous!

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Please share the emails

What really sucks about this is a lot of people will disregard Wonka
Which by the way is the most fun the family has had with any pin I’ve owned

#1482 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Not playing your games to keep the resale value high is like not sleeping with your girl to keep her tight for the next guy.

Oh man that was great!

#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The investors, you could tell he was likely reading a prepared statement from the investors and legal team.
There once was a time when Jack cared and would go above and beyond. I think it’s pretty evident he doesn’t make many big decisions for them anymore.
Can it be Jersey Jack if Jack wasn’t there?</blockquot
I’m not trying to take up for him,like he’s my little brother or something, but hell he would be out of business if they had done WOZ every time.The SE was a smart move unfortunately Kaneda’s insanity and the playfield issues have tainted this effort

#1502 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Page 30.....
I am still out...Wow JJP is this for real.
Inam already starting to look at other games..

Good luck man

#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

My god, you’re as insufferable as you are dead wrong .

Dude never stops this is his job!

#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Just listened to Kaneda’s podcast and it says it all. Applaud him for calling PF issues the way they really are with any company using poor clearcoat. As he has stated, there is a difference between rental mentality of an operator that doesn’t really care about beat up PF’s or the patron that puts a few dollars in to play on location. Patrons don’t mind if the PF is beat up, they don’t own it. Then there is us the new customer to the pinball world, the collector, we care immensely. This is what the old school people don’t understand or want to get. They think, just play pinball and have fun! Who really cares what your collection looks like at the end of the day, just have fun.
Here is his excellent podcast on the subject: https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-392-warranty-plagiarism
Those of us buying for our homes at these prices, don’t have fun seeing the small fortune we’ve spent become trashed up. That is the difference between those that understand this issue and those that don’t. I don’t like Stern’s policy statement either, which JJP plagiarized. If Stern ever stops replacing populated PF’s for those of us having issues, I will be done even buying their machines as well. Right now, Stern, CGC and Spooky are the only ones I trust will do the right thing for us collectors.
Chris said in the podcast, that he spoke with 1 distributor that had 175 Willy Wonka orders and so far 100 have cancelled their Willy Wonka orders. That is just one distributor. Nearly $1 million in sales lost. Maybe all companies will take note of this. People speaking with their hard earned dollars, saying we aren’t going to take it anymore!

What collection Jerkwest?

#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Okay...Not trying to be over the top and I just mean t there are those in the pinball community and that is pretty much a wide range of us around the world. I am just upset that I am afraid that there will be those that will be forced to pay for a playfield and will not be taken care of and some of these people I call friends.
I am not going to go on anymore on this issue and I will let my money speak my voice.
I hope they do the right thing...I am sorry for those effected and for those that feel that they will have to settle for what is given to them.
For me, I am out and I am looking to sell some of my collection and will let them go.
Yes for me I am done with this issue ...hope it works out is all I am trying to say.
Probably not a good time to start selling my JJP Collection....

Just chill and play your games man.

#1571 4 years ago

I'm going to play the shit out of my Wonka SE and then I'll sleep good tonight.

#1577 4 years ago

I think things were better when it was just Stern,they were putting out really intricate and fun games
Remember?

#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

When Jack said in his podcast... CALL ME DIRECTLY what else needs to be said. One of the owners is telling you to call him. What else could you want? But you saying the WORLD IS WATCHING is taking this whole pinball thing over the top if it wasn't already over the top with the zillions of pictures of WHAT IF or WHAT MIGHT happen. Play the game!
Wonka is fun!
No hard feelings brother.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Which is EXACTLY what I did!!!!! Has the owner ever been in contact with me? NO!!!!

Did you have questions about your Stern collection?

#1591 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sorry Richie, JJP is not a great company. Great companies do not treat their patrons the way JJP does. They continued the POTC PF disaster knowingly with Willy Wonka. That is not the mark of a great company. They have not, nor will they replace with populated PFs and make all the POTC owners, nor the WW owners whole. Again, that is not a great company.
Wishful thinking will not make them turn around. Only by stop spending our hard earned money with them, will make them pause and rethink their strategy. Or go out of business, just like any company that will not take care of their customers. Would your plumbing company stay in business if you gave the nonsense disclaimer they are now giving to their customers??? This is not the mark of a great company. True, Stern gives this same statement, but they so far replace poor playfields at Sterns expense. When they stop doing that, we should all stop spending our hard earned dollars with them too.

What games are you talking about when you say with your hard earned money?
I don't see that you have any games from anybody I'm starting to think your just
Stirring up shit !

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from SyntheticDavid:

I’ve been in this hobby but it’s been within this last year that I joined this website full of faggots.

Huh huh he said faggots!

#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I agree, give JJP the opportunity to fix this. Prefer more disclosure along the way but hope for the best, plan for the worst to protect the playfields. I’ve spoken with Jack more than once in the past by phone and found him accessible. My JJPOTC has otherwise been mechanically great, minor tweaks, a blast to play. But right now I’d lean towards CGC rather than a new JJP or Stern as long as this isn’t addressed fully. The remakes have been excellent with the old process at the same factory that Williams made their cabinets and playfields, still silk screened by hand rather than a printer robot. So, I’m gonna get MBr rather than Wonka or JP at this point.

My Wonka is shooting and looking great, I can assure you Wonka’s code is and will be even more deeper then anyB/W I burn thru the easy ones too quick and once beaten they don’t hold the same allure.

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Richie, JJP has been given many chances. All huge fails so far. I am not exaggerating when I say that podcast/statement from them is one of the most embarrassing things I have ever heard. Sounds like you are trying to take your anger and disappointment at JJP out on me, but I don't want to play internet psychologist.
In a perfect world, a big time fancy important collector would be enough to move the needle and show the company they need to do something drastic and fast. Maybe that playfield replacement plan is rolling out really soon. What do I know?
Enjoy the rest of this lovely thread and whatever you get in place of Wonka! Don't let this thread be the end of your sanity please

Oh please don’t leave we’ll miss you so.I love the Stern owners who take all their precious time to come here and bash JJP.Whats the reward for turning someone,do you get a discount from Gary?
The other group I love are the ones who say “I’m not buying until they fix this shit” and they have no pins HaHa

#1705 4 years ago

Nice graphics dude!

#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

JJP has ruined my life.

Not JJP Reading Pinside is

#1875 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

F*ck yeah i would!

What if it meant Stern would go broke and out of business?

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

How are you affected? Planning on buying a JJP game?

LOL!

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

If you contacted JJP regarding your playfield issues I bet he will call you.

Why would he contact Jack about all of his Stern playfields?

#1966 4 years ago

Did Jack put out a statement on the clearcoat issue?Do you have a link,all I heard was the snippet from Pinball News

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Agree with you and hope you get your issues resolved. Judging Stern by the past, think they will take care of you. Your fortunate to not have this trouble by owning JJP, because getting your issues taken care of with JJP, is another story it appears.

Still on the crusade? Dude, your like a pitbull you just won't let it go!

#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

. Anything less and there will be a shit storm coming. I can be very noisy if I need to be.

Wow for some reason I believe you!

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Great if a new PF makes you whole. Wouldn't do squat for me - it would just sit in my basement - I lack the time and skill to swap it and don't feel I should have to pay someone $1500 to do it for me. Now if JJP is offering the PF + covering the swap cost = all is good.
Anything less than that, are they are getting off the hook easy.

Do you even own a Wonka?

#2058 4 years ago

The issue I have is with people who just come here to stir up shit.
And then praise Stern up while bashing JJP and they own all Stern pins and act like their so disappointed that JJP is not treating people right .They know what their doing and they enjoy doing it

#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ok, hard to tell through text on the internet! I'm a big NASA supporter and can get a bit defensive about the program lol. That's awesome you got to work there during the Shuttle era.

Don’t sweat man,there so many people that do believe that Hollywood bullshit.”

2 weeks later
#2152 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Fantastic? All I see is a poker chip underneath a post. I guess that's better than looking at pooling or chipping clear.

Need some Dino dung chips for all those Stern JP's out there to hide all of that pooling and chipping

1 year later
#2220 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I think I read once there is a certain production date you can feel fairly safe that the Playfield be corrected. I’m looking at purchasing a CE and just curious what date I should look for.

I think it was anything after the initial run.We had it narrowed down to anything after the second run dated October 2019
The CE's were ran later

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 32.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=romulusx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.