(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richiewrench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 4 years ago

Let's just see what JJP does. I know when I had issues they were on top of it and helped in some way. Now with that said....These games are expensive and we all know there are going to be some issues. But a 10,000 plus game chipping....Yeah I would be PIST!!!

But give them a chance and then tell the story. It's not Monday yet and I would be shocked if they did not help out and make u happy.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Fair enough, the lack of context on my part started all of this so that's on me. Regardless, JJP needs to get a handle on this now as it's been way to long and the response hasn't been remotely adequate to date. Hopefully JJP takes care of your friends situation accordingly which of course would be either a brand new machine entirely or a completely repopulated play field replacement paid for by JJP...
Jeff

okay....I am just asking this question and please dont bash me on this because I truly dont know.

What is a repopulated playfield?

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Far as I know the playfield art is the same as the LE/SE, but with glitter. (ALA Woz Yellow Brick Road)

Better be more than freaking glitter...lol

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Could you post some pics of your CE w no PF issues? In truth, I have not seen one...hence my cancellation of WonkaCE awhile back...

I just finished modding out my POTC CE and Indont think I have any playfield issues...but I am going to check and I will check all my other JJP ones as well.

The only thing I noticed on my Dialed In CE was they left the freaking part numbers on the artwork for the playfield and the topper as well...Those should have been removed before they printed those.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When they send you a new playfield that already has everything installed on it, all the switches, pop bumbers, toys etc. They do that because theres no way in hell the average person can swap over all of his parts from the defective playfield onto a new playfield, nor should he even have to. You get the new populated playfield and just put it in and plug all the connections in and go.

I think that is a fair resolution....makes sense. Do they do that for those with playfield issues?

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stern has done it for quite a few people but it looks like JJP won't do it, which is one of the reasons that i would never even consider buying a game off of them.

Okay...So I.am asking this now.....

Has anyone ever got an a populated playfield that has had chipping issues.

Because in would just send my whole game back and file a dispute with the card company because at least there u have rights and protection. But that is if u paid with credit card.

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Straight from the horses mouth(JJP) regarding getting a populated playfield.
Not even possible according to them. The replacement PF’s they are offering for the incredible offer of $550 plus shipping are suffering from the same issue as well.
Go check the POTC thread, several of us have been trying to negotiate a better offer for those with chipping for at least 3-4 months no with zero movement by JJP.
Really disappointing to say the least.

I dont understand that...U should at least get a plain playfield for FREE. Ur saying they offer a discounted playfield instead. I will research what u said earlier and check my games. I have been out in the field alot and have not heard these issues.

Pinball is pinball and things can go wrong...but I will be shocked if there was not a fair resolution to these chipping issues.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Straight from the horses mouth(JJP) regarding getting a populated playfield.
Not even possible according to them. The replacement PF’s they are offering for the incredible offer of $550 plus shipping are suffering from the same issue as well.
Go check the POTC thread, several of us have been trying to negotiate a better offer for those with chipping for at least 3-4 months no with zero movement by JJP.
Really disappointing to say the least.

I am heading there now to get caught up.....

#339 4 years ago

So far I have not seen any issues on my POTC CE Playfield -- But I did see two holes -- with no Post or something - Is this suppose to be like this - Can someone tell me what those holes are for??

I am in for a WWCF CE - Kind of wondering if there will be issues there -- But Hey - Have not see the artwork for that yet and it better be more than SPRINKLES...Lol

20190820_200345_resized (resized).jpg20190820_200345_resized (resized).jpg20190820_200348_resized (resized).jpg20190820_200348_resized (resized).jpg
#341 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those holes are to move the post over to make the game easier.

hmmmmmmm.......

I think I will wait till I hear more responses on this one....Really?

#344 4 years ago

Okay...other than my stupidity...Playfield has no issues and mine so far is perfect.

#345 4 years ago

Actually it is 3AM...I could ask Joe....

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

A lot of credit card companies do as well. So if they paid with any credit card they should call their provider and see if they have any sort of additional warranties or protection on purchases. One of my CapitalOne cards offers an additional 18 months of warranty on purchases, though I'm not sure what the fine print is there.

I know this for a fact....You will win. Chipping is not acceptable without a proper resolution. and a populated playfield, seems fair. But again Inam shocked that these are not getting addressed.

YOU WILL WIN...just got to thru the process.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I know this for a fact....You will win. Chipping is not acceptable without a proper resolution. and a populated playfield, seems fair. But again Inam shocked that these are not getting addressed.
YOU WILL WIN...just got to thru the process.

I am. not kidding here...This is really got me shocked and everything that is being said here and some other.posts.

First...I see. no issues on my POTC CE playfield.and even though that is great...I feel worried about others and how their.games are not being addressed. I got some real concerns here and will be doing some homework over the next few days by the weekend

Second...Got to take a stand. These games are expensive. We.are.not talking about a.door that should be powder coated. And they should for the record. But this is serious. I know some think of me as crazy...I just love pinball. But I have a real concern if these are not being taken care of for the customers. Who knows....my next game from JJP playfield could be the next story. 12,500 or even 9,500 or even 5000 it needs to be done right and if there is a. issue...Take care.of the client.

I AM TRULY CONCERNED....I just find it hard that JJP is not handling this issue.

#607 4 years ago

THIS IS SOME CRAZY STUFF HERE - I am doing my homework - I am still shocked by all of this,

I am just sayin - Pay with a credit card - Especially Capital One cards - You have rights and protection and you will win if you dont get a proper solution. I know that is not the fix - But in future you want to make sure that you have some rights even if its 6 or 8 months down the road. I even think you have up to 18 months on Capital One.

Anyway - I am really sorry about all of this and it is something that I am keeping an close eye on.

Now its only 2:30 AM - So I don't want to bother Joe on this as of yet - But I will be asking him some questions, But I do want to say that Joe and JJP have always been fair to me and helped me out and have been quick on my questions. I hope this all gets fixed in the future and those having issues need to be taken care of no matter what the cost is - If they (JJP) they are losing more in the end. Maybe Save now but you will lose the battle later as you see a drop in the sales

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well right now we are the ones getting screwed.
If I was a distro I would stop selling their shit until this gets sorted out.
Sucks but somehow the mfg’s need to get point and do something about this.
Not good for anyone involved.

This some serious shit here....Were not talking about petty items like powder coating or how they left part numbers on the Art or a Topper that makes the loudest noise and when u hear it it's like WTF.

We are talking about a clear defect that your normal person would not be able to switch out a board. And on top of that your paying JJP their cost on the playfield. Where is rhe lesson learned? Where is the customer that is upset and has to try to find a way settle and is still not happy.

No...No...No.....NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I got two more calls to make tonight (Not to Joe) and little more research.

Remember Now...Filing a claim with the card company only really does hurt the distributor and tir up their funds for a game that is already delivered....Does not hurt JJP or Stern or whomever ....It s the distributors that are dragged in....and maybe they should, As they also need to stand behind the buyer.

This is some serious shit...I thought this was a joke or taken way overboard.

No...this is for real.

And just because my game is not chipped., does not mean that this does not affect me. What is chips later or what if my Wonka CE comes in and chips 3 months from now. Do I bitch or complain then? No....It is already an issue now because it is happening to those around us NOW!!!!

so....

IT AFFECTS US ALL NOW!!!

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It's this:
1. Take out mechs on v_56 or whatever WOZ they're on, raise the price, and people will still buy it because "OOOO, shiney!"
2. Put out a shit product at continually higher prices, and people will continue to buy it.
3. If they buy our shit product from their distributor, it won't affect us or our bottom line, AND they (both distributor and customers) will keep buying.
4. Get a new theme out really soon, need another "dream theme" to distract them and make them forget all these shenanigans. And jack the price too.
Face it - people with fat-ass deep pockets will keep playing monetary Russian roulette because "we have GOT to keep up with the Joneses!!!" Some people just cannot help themselves. JJP isn't going anywhere because some people have an addiction problem and they can......NOT help themselves.
Can't wait to see how many people bitching and complaining about their $12K toy being defective will buy GNR right out of the gate.
Prove me wrong, but some won't - and that's just sad.

I don't need to keep up and I work very hard for my money and I have taken the time away from my work and family to get up to speed on this issue and I will be posting my comments and taking a stance. This is way far more serious than a coin door or some kind of popularity issue.

Those that know me, Know that I LOVE PINBALL - I am not the best player - But I have always loved Pinball and I have taken my office and made it into a mini like arcade room and FREE to the public to come in and play and for the Annual Event that I always have the weekend before the Chicago Expo for my fellow Pinsiders to come over and play and have some food and drinks. I love what I do and I love that I can share that with others. To me that is my reward, BUT - If I was to get a playfield that was chipping - I would be PIST and would demand results.

I had to find out certain things like populated playfield (really did not know 100% what that meant) and reading thru past posts and talking with friends and YES - I even consulted with a legal team. But I truly feel that this can be resolved and if not -- Well then Just one less customer I guess.

Stay Tuned..........

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’re right it does indeed affect us all, so my question to you is why aren’t you cancelling your WWCE? At least until JJP owns up to this mess and takes care of all the people that have PF problems. Meaning replacing their PF with a populated PF at no additional cost. JJP as a responsible company has to stand behind their product. Which up till now, they haven’t learned a thing, because their solution is a .75 cent washer kit. Or you pay for an unpopulated PF to the tune of $550.00! They are getting away with treating the consumer very poorly. Why would anyone want to buy any shiny new thing from that kind of company? Remember you could be next.
This is sad that people paying $7.5k to 12.5k get treated this way. Everyone needs to band together and stop buying from them, till they make good on all the current PF problems. Guaranteed that will get results or JJP will be out of business.

Stay Tuned - Will be posting tonight - Will post in my thread for the Willy Wonka CE and then back here - I have made my choice and did make my calls and have read ALOT of posts and talked with a few friends - Amazing what it going on here.

We will see how this all shakes out....

Stayed Tuned In............

#646 4 years ago

I posted on my page that I started for the Collector Editions for Willy Wonka first

I AM OUT ON MY WILLY WONKA CE #12

For those of you that are wanting the #12 - I guess it will be available. I am taking a stance on this issue with the chipping playfields that or showing up on the POTC and now Willy Wonka (there might even be other as well). I have not had a chance to see the CE playfield and it might be amazing and all - But even if it is -- I am still out on my preorder.

I know we all have had fun with me being the #12 on the CE models and powder coating on the coin doors and me picking on Joe @ 3 AM and all. I am taking a stand on this issue on the chipping playfields. I understand that this has not happen to me and my games are fine and in good shape - But I have a serious problem with how this is all being handled.

So - Let me first say that I love Joe @ Pinstar and I would never do anything that would hurt him - He is a riot and puts up with my shit. He is my friend.

We got these chipping issues showing up on some of the Willy Wonka playfields and I am concern about how it is being handled by JJP with NO clear solution that is making the customer happy. I think a fair solution is a populated playfield. But that is not happening - Just giving out some washers does not fix the problem. Really the problem needs to be fixed back to the source and get this done before it blows up out of control. But, till it does - Any customer that is having a issue with chipping playfield needs to be taken care of and it needs to be done the right way.

We spend 12,500 for these games - A chipping playfied would make me PIST - I would take off work and drive that game down to the JJP factory and drop it off myself if that happened to me. But this is not about those that are paying more for a CE model. For me, I am lucky that I can do this - But I work extra long hours on weekends and nights to help pay for my hobby and boxing art collection. So, I am not different than those of you out there working from paycheck to paycheck. I work very long hours and put alot of time and passion in my plumbing company. So this is the same with Pinball - I have alot of passion for pinball and to see those around me not getting a fair solution and still upset about what is going on and having to just settle with what is going on with their game, or having to pay out $550.00 for a playfield that they should not even have to pay one penny for in my opinion.

Sorry - I can not do this and stand by and not take a stand - So Again,

I am out - WWCF Collectors Edition #12

JJP needs to do the right thing - I am not picking on any certain person @ JJP. But I am saying that JJP as a whole and as a company needs to do the right thing and till they do - I AM OUT. I am out on all games unless I work something out with Joe. I will still do business with Joe and I am hoping that this will be taken care of and if it does and I do not get #12 because I let it go - So be it. I will maybe get another number - Trust me @ 500 CE Models and with all this shit going on right now - They will be available. Heck, #1 might be available if this does not get taken care of soon.

I am not asking for a boycott - I am not trying to hurt anyone. I am just taking a stance and for me and I hope others will do the same to hopefully show JJP that we are all willing to give something up to do what it right.

JJP is a great company - But here as of late, they are not acting like one. They are making a big mistake. I am just one person, But I am my own person and I remember JJP from the early days and all I got to say is that if they will not take care of those having issues now - Who is to say that they will take care of me later. I dont care if a game cost $5,000 or $16,000.00 - The company that makes those games need to take care of the customers.

I hope this gets better soon, but till then - I AM OUT on WWCF CE #12 - I have sent my notice to Joe, but I am not asking for refund - I bought Mafia from Joe a couple months ago and might get something else and if not, I am hoping that this gets resolved and i will used it then towards a game.

Thanks to all and we do need to stand together.

#651 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Everyone needs to calm down. Problem is being handled and they will eventually make a statement. I support JJP and will buy a wonka.

I AM CALM!!!!!! (lol)

I do support JJP, But this I do not support this serious issue and taking a stand. This is not like JJP has been upfront on this and like Hey were sorry but here is a populated playfield to make up for this - I did my homework and TRUST ME - It was not easy for me to email JOE and tell him that I am out on my #12. I read alot of posts (ALOT) and have talked to those close to this and looked at the time frames and what was being done.

JJP is wrong as a company and they need to do the right thing - They should have done it from the start. But lets hope they will learn from this and fix the problem and move on to other games - Because if not, They are losing customers. I am just one and I am sure I will not break them on my sales - but as a whole they are hurting themselves.

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Everyone needs to calm down. Problem is being handled and they will eventually make a statement. I support JJP and will buy a wonka.

I AM CALM
I AM CALM
I AM CALM
I AM CALM
I AM CALM
I AM CALM
I AM CALM
I AM CALM
I AM CALM
I AM CALM
I AM CALM

big-black_2_2 (resized).jpgbig-black_2_2 (resized).jpg
#666 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Now that is a funny pic...lmao.

#676 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Great news if this is true. Until then, my $10k stays in my pocket.

U really got 10K cash in your pocket?

#695 4 years ago

Well this was the SPOT for the WWCF CE #12 -- It was all nice and ready for it to be inserted in and hopefully before my Annual Pinball Party that I have before the Chicago Expo.

I wonder If I could just put in a palm tree here.

I told my wife what I did - SHE WAS SHOCKED -- You guys and gals have to understand this - I wanted to take my time and do my own homework and not just jump on a bandwagon and I wanted to make sure that what I did was something that I felt strong about and might be able to help and lets see if we get somewhere with this issue.

My biggest concern to me was to make sure that I did not hurt Joe's feelings. Because I know Joe is my friend and all, BUT -- If I got a playfield that was chipping - I would be PIST and it would go back to Joe and I would not settle for washers of some kind of cheap fix. I get there is an issue with the playfields and not Just Willy Wonka - POTC and I hear some others. The part that got me was JJP's fix or trying to help those that scream loud enough and even they had to pay for playfield for $550.00 at their own expense.

I am lucky that If I had to populate a playfield, I have someone that can do that for me - But even that would cost me about 1200.00 to have that done. So, if you add the cost of the new playfield and labor - You are in for about $2,000.00 - When it should be ZERO.

I am not looking to hurt JJP - But I really do want them to know that they are hurting me and those around me - Some here are my friends and I take what they say serious and for me it was like hurting a part of my Pinball family.

SO HERE IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY TO JJP and Jack (if he has any say in this matter) - I hope they see this and takes this to heart for what it is worth:

I remember the day that when Jack came to alot of us and had this crazy idea of starting a Pinball Company and introduce a game called WOZ Emerald City - It was for most of us, It was a LEAP OF FAITH. All of us that was in this pool paid up front to help fund this and it took as much as 2 years for this game to come along and for me the game was great. I mean what an idea, A company that made high end quality pinball machines and then there was Hobbit, It took the company up to the next level and for me - They listen about this game and made changes - AGAIN - They listened and made changes from the feedback that they were getting from the pinball community. Did it delay that game - Yes it Did, but I think the end result was much better and they did not just push it out there and just say " HERE IT IS". There are alot of us out there that were with you from the start and you are starting to lose that base that helped to get JJP where it is today - So Please, Listen to what is going on and offer a good solution that will make those affected happy.

But what I am concern with is the chipping of the playfields. Just does not seem like JJP to offer the best solution, which is a populated playfield - But the sad truth is - It is up to JJP to make this right. And as of this posting - They have not made it right and till they do, I am out on any game and those that know me -- THAT IS ALOT FOR ME TO SAY -- I LOVE PINBALL and this really does hurt my feelings that there are those around us that are getting hurt and being forced to settle.

If they (JJP Management / Owners ) care about my future investment and others as well, Then listen to what is going on - Contact your distributors - This is NO JOKE - Your are loosing sales - This not only affects JJP but it also affects the distributors and others - Think about those that make the Mods.

Are you kidding me - I spend a ton of money on Powder Coating and Mods - I can can tell you that there was well over $1,000.00 in Willy Wonka Mods / Mirror Blades / Powder Coating and YES....Matt with BackAlley does my powder coating and he will not get my business because I am out on a CE Model. There is an ripple effect here that I hope that JJP will see and will make things right.

DO I SOUND CALM -- Because I am so calm on this subject and feel that it is the right thing to do.

WE NEED TO ALL STAND TOGETHER AND VOICE OUR CONCERNS.

JJP are you Listening?

20190824_172418 (resized).jpg20190824_172418 (resized).jpg
#696 4 years ago

Was my last post calm??

Can anyone tell me that??

Did I seem Calm?

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I read the first and last sentence of your post. It sums up your point really well.
"Well this was the SPOT for the WWCF CE #12...
JJP are you listening?"

SHIT -- ALL THAT TYPING -- For what you put down in two sentences.

Okay - But did I sound Calm?

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Anytime someone writes in all caps it doesn't read as calm AT ALL.

But I am known for the CAPS sometimes -- I really do not know why I do that..lol

#704 4 years ago

This picture really makes my day -- Because I really could see a few people out there doing this on their phones with this expression...LMAO.

c3e86f1baf6c662f0a5e3294854a50b01ac0107d.jpeg (resized).jpgc3e86f1baf6c662f0a5e3294854a50b01ac0107d.jpeg (resized).jpg
#722 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

And I thought I over-reacted over things... By all means, make a Mt Everest out of ant hill if you must but it's pretty comical and hysterical to see someone freak out over something that hasn't affected them. Yes yes everyone, flame me if you want but I can only go on what has actually affected me and I have absolutely zero reason to even question JJP or think that my WONKA CE will be anything less than absolute perfection. Now if the CE turns out to be an LE with a different color and some glitter than I'm out anyways simply over the absurd delay we've been experiencing...
I'm not saying any of this is okay or acceptable, I've been very clear on that. But, it hasn't happened to me so to me it's inappropriate and ridiculous to speculate on what would happen or what has happened to others based on what they chose to share in an online forum... Grab your pitch forks if you require, if it makes you feel better or whatever, but not me...
Jeff

Jeff you are so wrong - and trust me I have thought real hard on this - I am one of JJP biggest fans and I have been there from the start when NO ONE even knew my name and I would bitch and moan and cry over little things like powder coatings and the quality control issues and I even remember when I bought both Hobbit and Smaug at the same time and both of those games came to me with some really bad quality issues. I work around JJP so that we both meet in the middle and both parties could live with the results.

My games as well are having NO ISSUES and from what I see are perfect with no issues on the playfield. But, What if something was to go wrong with Willy Wonka CE #12 - Should I live it and settle. R U saying that you would not make any issues if your CE came to you and started to chip away 1 to 3 months later. Are you okay with that? - If so - Hey, More power to you.

Also think about it - If your game did do that - Then you will have to fight it out with your distributor on getting it settle and not JJP because JJP is not taking the proper steps to make this right. Just because it has not happen to you, does not mean that it will not happen to you. This is not just one or two people complaining -- Trust me, It took a few days of research to get me to make my choice to opt out on my CE #12.

My stand is with those that have had issues on their games and with a company that knows better and can make it right to those affected. It really is a simple solution.

1. Research the problem and solve it now before it gets even bigger
2. Those that have been affected - Take care of them - I think that those that have been having issues should get a populated playfield and one where the solutions has been addressed to those new playfields. But maybe there is another solutions, but not a washer and to simply ignore some of these customers and not get back to them on what they are going to do or not do - IS JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE.....Opps -- Sorry, I am suppose to remain calm.

So - I appreciate your comments because it gave me time away from me doing my plumbing office work, So I do appreciate that -- Because I really needed a break away from invoicing.

But for me -- I am taking a stand and I don't care if I get a Wonka CE, If those around me having issues and I will not support a company that does not support its customers and as of now that is what is going on - But, I am hopeful and I think JJP will step up to the plate and make it right.

But till then.....

RICHIE WRENCH IS OUT - THAT IS ALOT TO SAY FOR ME TO BE OUT ON A JJP GAME.

#728 4 years ago

Jeff you are so wrong - and trust me I have thought real hard on this - I am one of JJP biggest fans and I have been there from the start when NO ONE even knew my name and I would bitch and moan and cry over little things like powder coatings and the quality control issues and I even remember when I bought both Hobbit and Smaug at the same time and both of those games came to me with some really bad quality issues. I work around JJP so that we both meet in the middle and both parties could live with the results.
My games as well are having NO ISSUES and from what I see are perfect with no issues on the playfield. But, What if something was to go wrong with Willy Wonka CE #12 - Should I live it and settle. R U saying that you would not make any issues if your CE came to you and started to chip away 1 to 3 months later. Are you okay with that? - If so - Hey, More power to you.
Also think about it - If your game did do that - Then you will have to fight it out with your distributor on getting it settle and not JJP because JJP is not taking the proper steps to make this right. Just because it has not happen to you, does not mean that it will not happen to you. This is not just one or two people complaining -- Trust me, It took a few days of research to get me to make my choice to opt out on my CE #12.
My stand is with those that have had issues on their games and with a company that knows better and can make it right to those affected. It really is a simple solution.
1. Research the problem and solve it now before it gets even bigger
2. Those that have been affected - Take care of them - I think that those that have been having issues should get a populated playfield and one where the solutions has been addressed to those new playfields. But maybe there is another solutions, but not a washer and to simply ignore some of these customers and not get back to them on what they are going to do or not do - IS JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE.....Opps -- Sorry, I am suppose to remain calm.
So - I appreciate your comments because it gave me time away from me doing my plumbing office work, So I do appreciate that -- Because I really needed a break away from invoicing.
But for me -- I am taking a stand and I don't care if I get a Wonka CE, If those around me having issues and I will not support a company that does not support its customers and as of now that is what is going on - But, I am hopeful and I think JJP will step up to the plate and make it right.
But till then.....
RICHIE WRENCH IS OUT - THAT IS ALOT TO SAY FOR ME TO BE OUT ON A JJP GAME.

Ohh...By the way, I did try to stay calm in the last post - got a little excited - Sorry again.

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

I don’t need to address your conspiracy theories, but let’s say JJP sold 1000 machines. Let’s also say that 50 have this issue...that is a low deficiency rate. In manufacturing that’s not a terrible number.
The reason I am suggesting a count is that facts and numbers give much more accurate information.
Also, I would like to add that “50” is a very high estimate....again, count the complaints...

I acttally agree with you on the numbers - I don't think it is as high, But there are issues with some and the company is not taking care of them - I hope it is low number, I dont care if it was just two - Take care of those two and move on....Lets hope that JJP does the right thing.

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

If the number of affected PF’s is so small then why is JJP not quietly taking care of those with the PF clear issue. And why radio silence on a very small number of defects. Why? Because I believe the number is large. JJP’s behavior and lack of action speaks volumes. They thought this was just like the dimpling scenario and they would get away with this. And now people are canceling orders. All ove

Your comment is right on the money. I too believe they are staying silent because if they didn’t pandora’s box would open and they don’t want that, because the numbers affected are too large.

Shit - Now I am have to go and get that palm tree to put in that space.

#822 4 years ago

Doing a podcast with a a.nice man name Kaneda to talk about my collection and CE's. Not Live but we are doing it tonight and he will broadcast it in a couple days I think....Never done a podcast before....Does it hurt?

Do I still seem Calm?...lol

#828 4 years ago

Doing a podcast with a a.nice man name Kaneda to talk about my collection and CE's. Not Live but we are doing it tonight and he will broadcast it in a couple days I think....Never done a podcast before....Does it hurt?
Do I still seem Calm?...lol

Okay everyone -- I just did my first podcast -- How cool was that - I think it will go up later this week. Kaneda was very nice and did not make me feel uncomfortable at all - We talked about about Pinball and my collection the the LE and CE worlds and of course we talked about the current issues with chipping of the playfields and my stand to opt out on my CE #12 Willy game - So it was fun. Hope it helps and lets see what happens. I think your guys and gals will like it and here is to a hopeful solution to this issue and more important ---- take care of those that have been effected by this.

I want to say "Thanks to all" and those supporting my decision and even to those that think I am nuts and taking this over the top - I nice to have a place where we can express our views. That is important as well.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Glad you had fun doing it. I look forward to seeing it!
I do occasional live-streams and interviews also from time to time. Never (yet) in the pinball/arcade space. Mostly in the Retro gaming/developer space.
If you’re ever up for another. I’d love to get your story on how you got into collecting and built up to what you have now.
Also thanks for speaking up!

Sure -- That was fun - Anytime -- Just reach out to me from here or send me an email - and we can set that up

[email protected]

Thanks

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I'm sorry, I don't mean this to be disrespectful, but I don't get it. You think making a podcast about opting out of a CE is going to get JJP to reverse course and give free playfield replacements to everyone affected?
I completely understand bailing on any NIB pin given the events of the past few weeks. I definitely don't see how cancelling a preorder on an expensive toy is something that needs to be "supported" or might be "over the top." Cancelling is a no-brainer here IMO until JJP at least makes a statement. (Sadly cancelling my JP2 premium first thing tomorrow morning )

No the prodcast was not not mainly that - It was about my collection and how we got to where we are today on CE games and prices going up to 12.5K on games and thoughts

Yes - we did go over my stand and yes - I stick to my decision - Do I thing that JJP will make changes totally on what I did - NO ....But I am hoping that by them knowing that I step away and others are also stepping away that they will take this issue serious and addressed the issue more closely

That is it and if not then I know where they stand as a company AND I have the power (as we all do) to say NO -- Not interested anymore and out of my preorder and not going to take the chance and also to stand up for others.

#925 4 years ago

Talked with someone today with JJP and I have been assured that JJP is looking into this issue more serious and will be making an announcement coming soon. He did not want to tell me what it was as they are addressing some of these concerns, but he did assured me that this was being looked at very close at JJP. I was not looking for an answer, bit I did let him know my concerns and to please pass my concerns and request up the line to upper management.

My understanding is that the distributors will probably be among the first to know what JJP is going to do for those affected and it will get passed on down the line from the distributors.

I think this could be the reason why maybe there is a delay on the announcement on the CE details.

Well....here to a good response from JJP. Again, I be shocked if they did not find a way to make this right and help those that have been dealing with this issue on their own machines.

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

It sounds like you talked to a very low-ranking employee who told you what you wanted to hear, and you are calling it a success and now think you have influence in this matter all the way up to "upper management." That is kind of adorable, but you sound a little delusional, or maybe you are just a big fan of wishful thinking
JJP (or Stern) could put out a Tweet or FB post in under 30 seconds saying "we are looking into reports of issues and will have an announcement soon." The explanation you gave makes zero sense re: distributors and delays. JJP (and Stern) have known about this issue for a long time now and just need to say something, anything really.

Do not get me wrong...I was just reaching out and I just dont want to say the name.

Bottom line...It does not matter....Action speaks more than talk.

Simply put....JJP and any other manufacturer needs to speak up about this and make it right AND they need to make sure those effected are taken care of and trust me I know of a few personally and they better be taken care of. They can refund the money paid out for those playfields, offer populated playfield, fair discounts ...anything but make it fair and make it at NO cost to the customer.

Until then....

Richie Wrench is out on CE #12.....I dont care if that door comes powder coated...I AM OUT.

And as of today....I AM STILL OUT.

You see...That is my action....I am taking a stand for myself and those around me.

Dont believe me???

Call or text Joe at 3 AM tonight...He will tell you.

#1000 4 years ago

There ....I am the 1000th post on this topic.....How special is that???

#1139 4 years ago

Hey...My podcast is done and I think public now for those that want to hear it.

#1287 4 years ago

WOW - Still No Response from JJP?

13 Pages later from my official withdraw from the CE#12

Welll.....Still Out.

I think this will be very interesting come to the Chicago Expo with JJP not making a statement by then....I mean we are just days away from September and the Expo is really around the corner. With games coming out and other things coming down the line - It really is important for JJP to get out in front of this issue and make a statement.

THEY ARE LOSING MONEY.

#1479 4 years ago

So......I guess I am still out.

My friends are not having their issues taken care of or maybe they will be?

I got mixed feelings from the response. I am staying true to my response.

1. FIND THE PROBLEM AND FIX IT...Okay seems like they might have narrow that down.

2. Take care of those that have been effected. Even if it is a minor as you say Jack and only effecting the few. THOSE FEW NEED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF AND AT NO COST....

till then I am out....

JJP IS LOSING MONEY...it was like this was a spark and they did not get out in front of this and now.....

ITS SERIOUS....I am not joking...I really do think that JJP has alot to worry about.

The world is watching JJP......Now watch your sales go down. This is going to be interesting as the weeks go by.

#1480 4 years ago

Page 30.....

I am still out...Wow JJP is this for real.

Inam already starting to look at other games..

#1559 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Holy cow Richie Wrench you called it ... the World is watching. I just saw on the news that North Korea's leader is now making threats against JJP, and will test fire some rockets as a warning. Who knows what country will be the next as the WORLD IS WATCHING this situation. That is how crazy this thread has got... not just pinside is watching but the entire WORLD all 6 billion plus of you! lol. Does this line sound crazy to anyone?
I say again the World is watching, as a massive hurricane is about to slam into peoples homes, creating billions of dollars in damage and possible lives lost. Everyone be safe the World is watching and praying for you!!!

Okay...Not trying to be over the top and I just mean t there are those in the pinball community and that is pretty much a wide range of us around the world. I am just upset that I am afraid that there will be those that will be forced to pay for a playfield and will not be taken care of and some of these people I call friends.

I am not going to go on anymore on this issue and I will let my money speak my voice.

I hope they do the right thing...I am sorry for those effected and for those that feel that they will have to settle for what is given to them.

For me, I am out and I am looking to sell some of my collection and will let them go.

Yes for me I am done with this issue ...hope it works out is all I am trying to say.

Probably not a good time to start selling my JJP Collection....

#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

So first off Coindork... you just did something a lot of people do on pinside which is ASSUME you know something when you don't. I own Monster Bash LE I was one of the first people to own it. See the picture below. Secondly, Carnival Circus or whatever that is called, has virtually nothing on the screen not sure why they have one honestly, but the detail of the game looks okay and in my opinion better than anything I've seen from Spooky. That is my opinion. Lastly, I've played Alice Cooper, and if you go back and see posts I've made in the past I've said its a step in the right direction for them, with that being said I didn't like the game for several reasons. 1) I do not like Alice Cooper music. 2) The paint job on the castle looks funny to me 3) When the ball goes into the castle you can't see the ball I played this game at Midwest Gaming Classic and I even had someone try and trade one to me for my Lord of the Rings. I said NO WAY! I do not like Spooky games because I don't like the artwork, or the theming.

When Jack said in his podcast... CALL ME DIRECTLY what else needs to be said. One of the owners is telling you to call him. What else could you want? But you saying the WORLD IS WATCHING is taking this whole pinball thing over the top if it wasn't already over the top with the zillions of pictures of WHAT IF or WHAT MIGHT happen. Play the game!
Wonka is fun!
No hard feelings brother.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

None taken....I truly think they will do the right thing to those effected. I think it will be a case by case situation and it's going to take time.

Lers give them all a chance and show that they will do it and continue to make great games and they will learn from this as a great company does.

I truly feel that JJP is a great company.

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

So first off Coindork... you just did something a lot of people do on pinside which is ASSUME you know something when you don't. I own Monster Bash LE I was one of the first people to own it. See the picture below. Secondly, Carnival Circus or whatever that is called, has virtually nothing on the screen not sure why they have one honestly, but the detail of the game looks okay and in my opinion better than anything I've seen from Spooky. That is my opinion. Lastly, I've played Alice Cooper, and if you go back and see posts I've made in the past I've said its a step in the right direction for them, with that being said I didn't like the game for several reasons. 1) I do not like Alice Cooper music. 2) The paint job on the castle looks funny to me 3) When the ball goes into the castle you can't see the ball I played this game at Midwest Gaming Classic and I even had someone try and trade one to me for my Lord of the Rings. I said NO WAY! I do not like Spooky games because I don't like the artwork, or the theming.

When Jack said in his podcast... CALL ME DIRECTLY what else needs to be said. One of the owners is telling you to call him. What else could you want? But you saying the WORLD IS WATCHING is taking this whole pinball thing over the top if it wasn't already over the top with the zillions of pictures of WHAT IF or WHAT MIGHT happen. Play the game!
Wonka is fun!
No hard feelings brother.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

NOW THAT IS COOL....Nice games and noce set up

Maybe needs just a BIT of powder coating done...but that is cool and impressive. I love it

#1592 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sorry Richie, JJP is not a great company. Great companies do not treat their patrons the way JJP does. They continued the POTC PF disaster knowingly with Willy Wonka. That is not the mark of a great company. They have not, nor will they replace with populated PFs and make all the POTC owners, nor the WW owners whole. Again, that is not a great company.
Wishful thinking will not make them turn around. Only by stop spending our hard earned money with them, will make them pause and rethink their strategy. Or go out of business, just like any company that will not take care of their customers. Would your plumbing company stay in business if you gave the nonsense disclaimer they are now giving to their customers??? This is not the mark of a great company. True, Stern gives this same statement, but they so far replace poor playfields at Sterns expense. When they stop doing that, we should all stop spending our hard earned dollars with them too.

I really hoping that they will and take care of those ...but I agree a playfield at 550 that u have to pay for and then assemble is NOT a mark at a great company.

JJP was a great company and things have changed for the worst. I have been BOMBED with messages and I do see those affected by this issue. I am lucky that it has not happen to me, but indont like JJP approach on those that had to pay money.

You see, it's not the chipping....Its the approach from JJP. I did not want to say this, But I called Stern personally and Yes if you have an issue and can document it and show it ...YES they will replace with a populated playfield.

WHY CANNOT JJP DO THIS?????

I will voice my concerns here and to JJP personally and I will show it by the ultimate power that we all have by not buying anymore of their games .

so for those of you wondering if air was going back in on my Willy CE #12....NO...I am out still.

I will work with Joe on my next one ...but it will not be a JJP game.

Thanks everyone

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

LOL.
You swooped in on these threads and tried to pretend like you were the hero of the pinball masses and that months of silence and inaction on POTC/Wonka would be broken because the great and powerful Richie cancelled his order! I'm sure you mean well, but you are not a celebrity of any kind and no one really cares that you specifically cancelled your order. Just so you know. The only thing we have received recently is a shady copying of Stern's playfield damage disclaimer and a podcast full of sycophants lying to us saying NOW they will return our phone calls?!
JJP is NOT a great company. Please just stop.

You can kiss my freakin ASS...I dont look for Fame or celebrity....Shit I hardly even post on here other than for the CE games. I love pinball and offer my collection to the public in my area Free to play. I just care for what is right and fair.

I am not asking for anyone to follow my lead or to do what I did. I just know that if something was to happen to my game...I would be.dragging Joe into this mess and I.am not going to do that to him

I hope JJP does the right thing and takes care.of this issue....other than that...I have said what I have felt on this issue.

Oh yeah....

AGAIN, KISS MY ASS.!!!!

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I’ve never seen this side of you before Richie.

Dude is an asshole...Takes alot to piss me off.

F@&% Him!!!!

I am just saying ...Let's give JJP a chance...I know this been going on for awhile with it showing up on some of the POTC playfields. And with the increase of those out there being made aware and it now showing up on Willy.

Okay I took a stand for me and for others. Not doing it for fame or celebrity status. Most like me for my passion...I am not saying that Inam always right...but it is nice to have those with passion with his hobby.

For him to say that....F$$& Him! He is a. Asshole.

Sorry....ASSHOLE!!! (that is for those out there that like it when I use my caps)

#1704 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

This Wonka is only a week old. The tournament guys say it plays great.[quoted image]

Now I had this for years and there is no chipping or wrinkles....

20190901_191000 (resized).jpg20190901_191000 (resized).jpg20190901_191004 (resized).jpg20190901_191004 (resized).jpg20190901_190958 (resized).jpg20190901_190958 (resized).jpg20190901_191017 (resized).jpg20190901_191017 (resized).jpg
#1808 4 years ago

HEY EVERYONE...!!!!

My ban has expired and I am back and can post back on this thread....So....What is the latest?

#1809 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Going to need this guy working soon for JJP[quoted image]

U mean this guy...Richie.

20181019_214553 (resized).jpg20181019_214553 (resized).jpg
#1956 4 years ago

So it looks like things are going get better - Nice. Glad to hear some people have had their money refunded and are going to be getting future playfields once those are done.

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Actually the flood of high priced NIB pinball machines, perfect or not, is living on borrowed time.

I agree the Bubble is about to burst - But I know it takes alot to make these games - I am buyer for many years to come - but you do got to say - Where does it stop and Buyers are going to demand top quality product, especially at these prices.

I am back - Been busy plumbing

#2129 4 years ago

I want take this moment and say again Thanks & I am sorry to:

Vyzer2 - David

He reached out to me and apologize on his comments and to tell you the truth - I really needed to be the one that apologizes. I am the one that attacked him directly on this site and got banned for the first time from Pinside for 24 hours.

I just have a passion for this Hobby and I have been away for some time and when this was going on with JJP and with my research and reaching out to people - I have time invested and it was a big issue for me to step out on my purchase of my Willy Wonka #12 CE. But I wanted to take a stand for what I felt that was right. I have since voice my comments about JJP making the right steps forward and I am back in on the CE Model.

What I love about Pinside is that this is a site where anything is possible in the pinball world. If you have a problem.....There are those that will help you along the way to get it fixed or give possible solutions. Just make a post and voice you concerns of if you need help and most of the time its a matter of minutes and someone is out there giving you the solution or giving advise.

There are times that we all joke around and get off topic on something that sometimes needs to stay on topic and focus for what the problem is all about. I can tell you that Yes there are those that feel that Pinside is not important and just a joke - But I don't see it that way. I think we all need a place like Pinside and if it was not this site - I know that I would be lost on alot of things.

So again, I apologize to David and I also apologize to any one else and to Pinside as well - I will do better as a member and show my support for this amazing site. I want to share my passion for this hobby and for those of you out there that are in my neck of the woods - Stop by and say Hi and come by my office and enjoy my collection - It truly is a great place and if you want we can talk about plumbing as well.

Thanks again everyone - Richie Wrench

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Question do the blue toilet drop ins really degrade the plastic inner workings of a toilet?My wife says no i say yes. Thanks in advance![quoted image]

ONLY BECAUSE YOU ASK - I don't want to get off topic on this page - but Yes - They are harmful and can clog the ports under the rim as well. NEVER USE THEM!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 90.00
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richiewrench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=richiewrench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.