(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

hmmmmmmm.......
I think I will wait till I hear more responses on this one....Really?

#413 4 years ago

I’m shocked that anyone kept buying new games after 2016....but this hobby is super F’ing odd now, so keep buying unfinished, untested, poorly made $10k+ games, I dunno!

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

The Apple tree pop bumpers in WoZ, Flying Monkey, melting witch, spinning house... all this in one game! And that one game being my first exposure to JJP. I was honestly blown away.

I'm shocked that these things are considered impressive. Sure, it was more than Stern was putting in its games in 2011...but bumper toppers? They don't really do anything. Monkey? Magnet on a track...a trick done better on a game like Bram Stoker's Dracula. The witch is just a sculpt that moves up and down...Dr. Evil & Iron Monger do the same thing, except you can actually hit them. Spinning House? Just a thing that spins on a motor.

WOZ's whole reason for existing is because in 2010, home buyers did NOT want Sterns. They thought they were cheap and had bad photoshop art....They weren't selling at $3500 NIB. Jack made WOZ to sell something to his Pinball Sales customers. A widebody game, with lots of mechs, family friendly theme, new tech like a large LCD and color changing LED playfield lighting...for $6500!

Anyway, almost every single 90's game and their features are far more amazing than anything new, and will blow you away if you haven't exprienced them. Dr. Who's time expander, Whitewater's crazy ramps and divertors, Dracula's mist ball, MM's castle, etc. All of the best mechanical features ever made already exist, in games of impeccable quality, that have stood the test of time and are awesome in a home collection.

It's fascinating to see how tastes have changed, and to see home buyers jumping over each other to buy Sterns for double the price. Marketing as a "lifestyle brand" truly worked.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You missed the most important part of the original post about WoZ toys: "All in ONE game."
It was, and remains, impressive, and no B/W/Stern touches it for that.

I'd rather have less toys that do cool things, than a lot of toys that do nothing. Take the tree toppers off, the monkey out (they did), the spinning house, the witch...it's the same exact game. The "toys" aren't actually mechs that interact with the ball in any way. IMO something like Stern's POTC ship is far more impressive. Interacts with the player, has multiple levels of animation, and then reveals a new shot.

#458 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I like how for each individual mech you had to mention a different game having something similar.

Similar but better. I like how you don’t understand I was trying to make a clear point that mechs in older games were cooler, better, more innovative, and more fun.

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Hehehehe “clear” point.
I’m not going to argue that there isn’t plenty of cool pins with different or even better mechs. I haven’t played everything.
I recently played Swords of Fury and loved the various mini playfields.
I just don’t see how older tables having different or even better mechs negates what JJP has done with tables like WOZ and how enjoyable it made it for me to play.
My point was that it was my first JJP experience and I was instantly impressed.
It looked great, played great, and made me want to keep playing to see what might happen next.
It made me want to buy the table even.
I was trying to give some honest kudos to JJP in a thread where I’ve been mostly critical and skeptical of them.
I never claimed no other table ever did anything innovative or better.
Just that the table shows/plays well. No small feat for a company that is a relatively new challenger.

Tables....

I’m always rooting for JJP to do their thing and do it well. I respect WOZ, I just don’t get anything out of the toys, personally. Dialed In is neat, I just don’t wanna pay big bucks for one. Much to the chagrin of everyone on Pinside, I think Hobbit’s a great game. I hope they figure out this crappy playfield stuff in case GnR or Toy Story blow my socks off.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Can’t get the pickle taste out of a bun once it’s there. I hate pickles.

giphy-1.gifgiphy-1.gif
#569 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Jurassic Park pros are already chipping. Someone posted pics in other playfield thread about issues.

It’s a planned feature. For those who don’t like a game’s playfield art, “who cares, it’s gonna chip off anyway!”

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, the way I see things we have two options:
1. Bail out of pinball and pout until this blows over
2. Keep playing and deal with it as best we can

Being into pinball is NOT defined by new games. You can stay in the hobby without ever buying a new game. There are thousands of high quality machines with high quality parts that have lasted 5, 10, 30 years...available to buy, usually for much less than NIB. Anyone can easily swear off NIB & still be having tons of fun playing & buying pinball.

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The thing is, the current games are too compelling to ignore (at least for me!)[quoted image]

I see 2 slot machines & bedsheets with fake voices

Thankfully none of these new games move the needle for me. Enjoying the “oldies”.

#1708 4 years ago

Golly gee willikers, why is everyone so negative!?!?! All pinball is great!!! That’s what the Twitch influencers & podcasters who work for Stern & sell games for a living tell us! We should be super happy all the time like them! Look how much they enjoy pinball! May we all reach that level of positivity one day!

May Jack & Gary bless you all! Send them more money next time, for the good of pinball!!!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
9,600 (OBO)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.