(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

85 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2,217 posts
  • 272 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Pinhead1982
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 217 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (73 days ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (73 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#373 82 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Reading all this makes me grateful for the games I have, and won't be buying any NIB for awhile...

Ditto.

#720 79 days ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

My biggest concern of all is not the manufacturers, it is the distributors. I love my distributor to the moon and back! I want this solved for the sake of them and there incredible support of pinball.

Your distributor sounds awesome. Who do you buy from?

#736 79 days ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

I don’t need to address your conspiracy theories, but let’s say JJP sold 1000 machines. Let’s also say that 50 have this issue...that is a .05% deficiency rate. In manufacturing that’s not a terrible number.
The reason I am suggesting a count is that facts and numbers give much more accurate information.

So you just want to assume that all of their customers are active on Pinside and the ones with issues have all posted in these threads? This is your way of getting an accurate number?

#744 79 days ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

It is definitely a starting point.

No sense in having a starting point if you can’t finish it. It’s enough of an issue regardless and the exact number shouldn't matter. Time for JJP’s investors to empty out their pocket change and offer a proper solution for those with issues and ensure that it doesn’t continue to happen. Everything else about Charlie at Spooky holding the key and figuring out inaccurate percentages is complete nonsense.

#942 77 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

All good except the last two minutes when the distributor hat comes out.

I have to agree. Ian’s insight was excellent, I really enjoyed it. Zach’s Flip n Out push to tie a bow on that segment was a complete cringe-fest. That ruined it. Just my honest opinion.

#1033 75 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

First up Jack was on a Family Holiday, Not a Working Holiday, he is an employee of a Company not the owner, all I have seen is the same pictures of a handful of games with problems.
Jack will stand up on behalf of the Company when he returns from his Holiday nobody else will address any issues but Jack.
It is not a widespread problem with JJP or Stern or everyones games would have problems

You must be the new Director of World-Wide Pinball Operations, congrats bud! Thanks for sharing your deep behind the scenes knowledge.

#1050 75 days ago

well less than 7 have reported issues to JJP, so where are the other 93

Ask the distributors.

#1060 75 days ago

Oh Ok maybe I will

Why do you assume that everyone's first reaction is to contact the manufacturer instead of the company that sold them the game? The number of open tickets through the JJP site means absolutely nothing. You're spewing the same type of pure BS that you were spewing in the Homepin thread (RIP).

#1082 75 days ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I do believe he (Ballypinball) is the distributor for Australia no? Apologies if mistaken.

He sounds like is, but even so, he's only one of many. Speaking of his experience as if it's indicative of the entire industry is complete BS.

#1090 75 days ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Then people would be whining the games aren't shipping fast enough... Literally can win either way...
Jeff

Well if they came out and said there is a delay because we don't want you to get a playfield that will start disintegrating before you open the box, I'm sure people would be more understanding.

#1233 74 days ago

Buying new games just isn't fun anymore.

#1237 74 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

None of the manufacturers including spooky have dealt with this well enough yet.

AFAIK, there are no clear-coat issues with ACNC playfields. Seems there was only a small run of TNA's that had issues. How have they not dealt with it well enough yet?

#1249 74 days ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You are speculating numbers... and YOU GOT A FREE PLAYFIELD NEIL... so ??? Only washers??? How is that only washers? Was it the fully populated free everything you wanted shipped to the UK? Nope... but it was far more than washers, and you were one of only DOZENS OF BOARDS WE SENT OUT FOR FREE.
Yeah I know... still not good enough. Sorry. Did our best.

Seems you conveniently left out some important details there Neil.

#1405 73 days ago

Sounds like unless you have some serious clear-coat chipping, you’re not going to get much of anything.

#1409 73 days ago

”We have no reason to believe any games out there in the field are inadequate in any way, shape, or form.” - Love, Jack

And there you have it.

#1445 73 days ago

We asked for Jack and that’s exactly what we got.

#1470 72 days ago

Listening to that one JJP apologist for those few minutes before Jack came on was one of the worst things I’ve ever forced myself to listen to. The other guy seemed a bit more sensible at least. What was the name of that podcast just so I know never to accidentally click on it again? Was that the JJP Insider Podcast?

#1474 72 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No mention of POTC owners at all, what BS.

Once it’s off the line, it’s out of sight, out of mind.

#1484 72 days ago

It seems that as quality control continues to slide and more issues continue to arise year after year, the disclaimer page that is now included with these games will continue to get longer and longer. Pretty soon the disclaimer will be nicely bound and sold separately for $100 on their website.

#1485 72 days ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Not playing your games to keep the resale value high is like not sleeping with your girl to keep her tight for the next guy.

This is gold, lol.

#1497 72 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Given JJP's experience on POTC, I'm surprised WW didn't have some clear coat relief around the holes, then redesign the post to rest on the wood, not the clear coat as it is now. Seems like a simple 'no brainer'. Still might have PF issues (ink adhesion), but at least this issue would be put to rest.

This 100%

#1510 72 days ago

JJP Disclaimer

1) Let the fucker sit and get good and hard

2) Never take off the glass and touch anything

3) What POTC?

4) ...

#1518 72 days ago
Quoted from Frax:

Seriously.... contact tech support to learn how to properly remove a post?

I think it’s more for emotional support after you see what’s under those posts.

#1554 72 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

the unknown is how will the playfield clearcoat react to the pressure of a plate fitted under the posts - the problem could then be transferred out.

My thoughts exactly. You might end up with a much, much bigger problem as a result.

#1597 71 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sorry Richie, JJP is not a great company. Great companies do not treat their patrons the way JJP does. They continued the POTC PF disaster knowingly with Willy Wonka. That is not the mark of a great company. They have not, nor will they replace with populated PFs and make all the POTC owners, nor the WW owners whole. Again, that is not a great company.
Wishful thinking will not make them turn around. Only by stop spending our hard earned money with them, will make them pause and rethink their strategy. Or go out of business, just like any company that will not take care of their customers. Would your plumbing company stay in business if you gave the nonsense disclaimer they are now giving to their customers??? This is not the mark of a great company. True, Stern gives this same statement, but they so far replace poor playfields at Sterns expense. When they stop doing that, we should all stop spending our hard earned dollars with them too.

I have to agree unfortunately. How long can they continue to run the company this way? One screw up after another and they don’t seem to learn from past mistakes at all. Whoever is calling the shots over there is not doing a good job of it and that’s where a change needs to be made. There has never been any reason for anyone at JJP to do cartwheels.

#1606 71 days ago

lol, Wayne....Mr. Impartiality.

#1609 71 days ago

”....We should think about giving some kind of statement letting everyone know”...we’re not going to do anything about it.

I believe that’s more accurate.

#1620 71 days ago

I’ve never seen this side of you before Richie.

#1630 71 days ago

Just to defend Richie a little bit I will say this - I do believe that him cancelling his CE order bears a bit more weight than me doing the same thing or most other people on this site for that matter. Not that other JJP customers aren’t just as important but Richie’s reputation here certainly makes his stand more emphatic IMO.

#1713 71 days ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

JJP has ruined my life.

At least JJP’s not in the lifestyle brand business.

#1770 70 days ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

So if mylar is placed on the potential trouble spots with a washer on top, will this prevent the chipping or will the clear still crack underneath?

Nobody really knows what's going to happen down the road with these band-aid fixes.

#1886 67 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

ballypinball why on earth are you posting in these topics now if you've not done your homework?
It's like fucking groundhog day... you're posting stuff with zero regard to the activity that has been going on for MONTHS, responses and activities during that time... and then posting stuff like 'no one will replace with populated pfs' when it's common knowledge Stern HAS done that... and not just with GB but prior titles to. It's their nuclear option when dealing with bad PFs. You of all people should be familiar with this.
I mean for fuck sakes, you roll in with stuff like 'only 7 people...' taking stats from who knows where, that are easily debunked with just a little reading. Do yourself a favor... get off whomever's teet that is feeding you info.. and do some of your own research.

I've been waiting for ages to up-vote one of your posts. This was a beauty.

#1919 66 days ago

I have done my homework, I own a ton of JJP games and none of them have the chipping issues mentioned.....

This is exactly the problem. You think your personal experiences are indicative of everyone else's too. You're either a JJP apologist with an agenda or completely clueless.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside