(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,217 posts
  • 272 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Pinhead1982
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 217 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (79 days ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (79 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukyduck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1134 81 days ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

jjp and possibly stern will get sued soon i think
it will be a class action, and it may just bankrupt them (JJP)
as an attorney, i am thinking that its just a matter of time before some lawyer sniffs this out and smells the money, then its just a matter of time and determining how much its worth to him to represent the class.
it bums me out to think that will happen, but i really think it will.

I am new to Pinside but I am going to have to disagree with you on this. Since I just started buying pins, I have been searching the forum for more information on Playfield issues before I buy a NIB WW or JP. Playfield issues have been around for at least 6 years on this forum. And they still exist today. Nobody sued them in the past and I do not think anyone is going to over what most people consider a cosmetic item. I personally think it is more than cosmetics, but I am not in the majority of buyers.

What I have learned is that pinball NIB purchasers are willing to except all of the flaws with the NIB pins. Otherwise, this would have been resolved in the past. I grant you that some buyers have stepped away from NIB purchasing and others never buy NIB. But, they keep selling NIB pins so someone kept accepting all of the faults identified. This is the only item I have spent this large an amount of money on a single purchase and am surprised at all the issues that are just excepted. This is just like buying an exotic car. Buyers willing to except all of the issues with a brand new 6 figure sports car that is hand assembled.

Most buyers will not contact the manufacturer when they have an issue with a product. It is very difficult, even in today’s internet age, to have a count of how many products were affected by an issue even for the manufacturer. Most buyers will just accept it. Others will sell the item and some just throw the item in the trash.

I was shocked at how many NIB pins have been affected by PF issues. All one needs to do is search and you will see all of the models having the same type of issue over the years. The fact that so many different models have the issue over 6 years is surprising. And the issue is not associated with just one manufacturer.

It is a quality control issue that is fixable. All the debating is interesting, but it has nothing to do with new regulations. That just appeals to some people’s views on regulations. But that is not the problem.

Want to stop future PF issues...stop buying the machines from the manufacturer that has them. That is the only way to fix it. Let go of your strong connection to the manufacturer or the particular game. They are about profits first and customers second. That is until the customer stops buying then they will fix the issue.

One auto manufacturer has survived for decades on selling automobiles with cheap parts. There quality control is horrible. But they still exist today. Why, because some people are fans of there automobiles/models and will buy them even with all of their issues. They except it and the company knows it. That is why they still sell cheap low quality automobiles. Because their customers except it this way.

I know a lot of you have friends in the industry and just remember that in the end, the decisions are made at the top and unless a business is privately owned, the shareholders or investors are making the final decisions. And profits trump customers complaints. When profits decline because of quality issues, the issues get resolved.

Companies are in the business of making money and each will take a different path to success. Some care more about quality than style. And others care about style more than quality. It is the buyer that accepts the end result.

Sorry for the rant! Thanks for reading if you got this far. And I would like to say that I was not attacking anyone in particular. I just wish the manufactures would fix the problem so I can buy a NIB pin. I am holding off until I hear an answer I can trust. And maybe wait to see positive results with follow pinsiders photos of PF’s that look like the problem has been resolved. Until then, I will keep my money in the bank where it is making me money! Not the other way around.

#1443 79 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm in the same camp....I would add CGC to the list...they make a quality product

#1599 77 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

When not overseas on a family vacation (in a spotty cell phone area), he seems to drive through many tunnels). Maybe on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, the Tunnel Highway/America's first Superhighway.....

Did he say he was on vacation or is this just an assumption? What country was he in during the podcast? I ask because I don’t know the answers.

#1610 77 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

He or someone at the JJP world's finest pinball factory that makes the best-built, highest quality pinball machines there are said he is/was overseas with "Spotty Cell service" until September 9th. After the comments started flying, JJP distributor and all-around good guy Wayne G. stated that Jack is on a personal family vacation in Europe.
Jack must have had good internet service over there when he sent the one-way recorded .wav file to the shill podcast.

I just think it is ironic that the owner, who’s company is having issues bigger than minor/normal ones, happens to be on vacation in countries that happen to have other pinball manufacturers (i.e. DP) and Mirco which I believe is in Germany.

Anyone ever think he is conducting business with the owners of DP or suppliers?

DP has its issues and from what others have mentioned, so might Mirco from what I have read.

Has anyone ever thought he is over there on business rather than vacation. Or combining business with vacation? It’s a long shot, but he may be over there to discuss helping DP and discussing manufacturing/supplier issues with his supplier/s.

If I am correct in assuming he was on a podcast in the Netherlands, isn’t that a strange place to do a podcast, unless you are already there on business? Why take time away from your family vacation to go on a podcast other than to try and reassure your customers? He would only do this if he thought it was a big issue. He is trying to get ahead of the issue. Personally, his comments will please some and leave the others more upset because he didn’t answer the questions those that have the issues expect.

If he is such a great owner, as some suggest, by offering up his phone number, why didn’t he provide it? It’s not like I can get it from the phone book. That answer is just laughable to anyone who knows how an international manufacturing company works. It’s a canned response. If I have to call the owner, either he has issues with his customer service personnel and their resolution processes or his QA/QC process has broken down. Either way, the company is not being run properly at this moment in time.

Actions always speak louder than words.

#1674 77 days ago

I would want to talk with someone who has experience repairing play fields. They would offer the most experience.

#1679 77 days ago
Quoted from Frax:

Chris Hutchins already commented on this thread. If HEP's opinion isn't weighty enough for you, nobody's will be.

Sorry that post (the one you quoted from me) somehow ended up in the wrong thread. It was meant for another thread about something completely different. My apologies

#1792 76 days ago
E2C7EA2B-5062-48B0-8583-AE3F1C9AC8D7 (resized).png
#1930 72 days ago
Quoted from dts:

Not tracking with the criticism of Jack, and I'm not an apologist for JJP. I've owned DILE and POTCLE. Jack just gave me a call about my playfield, which has a small area under the Tortuga scoop where paint lifted, now covered by a Cliffy protector. There is mild clear build up at some posts, with protectors now. Anyhow, they are shipping a new playfield. How many times will the head of a company call a customer directly and resolve an issue? I wasn't even making a big deal about it, just reported what I found when putting on Cliffy protectors. I'm actually completely happy with my POTC, which is an incredible game, and was going to put a playfield protector on if any other issues come up. The idea of a disintegrating playfield is nonsense so far in my experience. It looks great overall. However, some playfields have had more problems than mine, others less. My understanding is that the factors that went into the soft clear on some playfields are being addressed. Some were soft from heat in New Jersey and Chicago (to explain Stern issues as well), some didn't have adequate time to cure. They are using UV at Mirco's facility to cure the clear better, allowing more time before manufacturing the game, controlling heat better. Anyhow, I'm confident to buy in the future from JJP as this issue is resolved.

What bothers me is that the POTC owners would not be receiving free playfields if the WW ones had not been an issue. You all would have been left holding the bag or should I say, bad play field. They should have resolved it when it was first brought up years ago. Not the second time around on a new game. What about when it happens again in the future? Have they resolved it for any of the current WW owners? Actions speak louder than words. And the POTC owners had to go through a lot to get here. It should never had gone that way in the first place.

A properly run business would have resolved the issues on POTC and made changes at the production line to prevent it from happening in the future. I will give home credit for calling. But they put themselves in this position. Not the customers.

#1936 72 days ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Years ago? What are you even talking about? POTC has barely been out for a year, and the first thread about pooling was made probably two months ago. Might want to check your facts because you’re completely wrong.

I don’t know why you are attacking me. I am on the side of the owners who have concerns about the quality of their PF’s. They should be fairly compensated for the position they have been placed in.

1 week later
#2133 63 days ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Question do the blue toilet drop ins really degrade the plastic inner workings of a toilet?My wife says no i say yes. Thanks in advance![quoted image]

Sorry this is off topic but could save others from costs and unnecessary repairs. Yes, the chemicals in those tabs can cause damage. I had to repair several toilets that had the tabs used in them. Read the fine print on toilet repair parts and many will tell you NOT to use the tabs because of damage to the plastic/rubber parts. It sucks because the chlorine tabs are nice. But having to replace toilet parts every two years sucks. Oh and I am not in the plumbing business. Just learned the hard way.

Now back to your normal pinball channel!

1 week later
#2143 50 days ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I made these to cover any damage to the playfield. Peppermint candies.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree, that’s a great idea. Looks like it is part of the play field art.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukyduck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside