(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#370 4 years ago

Looks like the common denominator here is Mirco. But shame on JJP for not standing behind its’ product.

I understand that sending out replacement playfields is expensive, but so is destroying the company’s reputation. I’m interested in buying Wonka or the rumored Toy Story but will be sitting on the sidelines until the soft clear issues are resolved.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Everyone needs to calm down. Problem is being handled and they will eventually make a statement.

Actions speak louder than words.

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The more coverage this gets, the more pressure there is for JJP to do something.

No. The only thing that will make a difference is a marked slowdown in sales.

1 week later
#1736 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Wouldn't it be something if JJP started to offer a Playfield warranty with new machine purchases? Here's how I see it;
For only $499.99, you will receive a two year warranty on top of the manufacturers very limited warranty. This extended warranty specifically covers Playfield cosmetic problems such as chipping, paint bubbling or whatever else we want to call it. If a claim is made (and approved by an unbiased Review Committee) you will receive a new or remanufactured playfield from Jersey Jack pinball. Shipping charges will be borne by the customer. This is a parts only warranty. You will receive a new play field which you get to install yourself or pay someone to install it. Jersey Jack pinball service centers will offer a Playfield swap service for just $2495.00 based on today's value of money. Also, if the Playfield is no longer in stock, you'll receive a $500 credit good on the future purchase of another Jersey Jack pinball machine. Remember, these are the best built, highest quality, pinball machines there are. Thank you for your business.

I would be perfectly fine with the concept of a playfield warranty. But as the purchaser of said warranty it needs to include a drop in replacement playfield or a nominal swap cost, not $2500.

#1782 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Would you be willing to pay an additional $2k for this warranty on top of the value pricing these machines cost? Keep in mind, Jack is reading this thread.

Not sure if you are serious, but no chance. 20-25% for a warranty is obscene. It would have to provide awesome coverage for me to even consider something close to 5-10%

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

10-20% is the typical annual service contract amount in tech and industry... so beware the convention is out there.
Consumer extended warranties sold at the retailer are often at that 10% range,

This is not a service contract we are talking about.

Depending on the warranty, I’d consider 10%. But if it’s anywhere near 25%. I’m not even going to consider the product in the first place.

#1790 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Service contract in the terms of support and replacement parts...

Ok. But you’re missing the point that any warranty contract at the level suggested is ridiculous and DOA.

#1796 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s sucks... but I’ve always bought full plastic sets for my games as insurance because you know they won’t be available later. Add in people are paying $200 for bolt on pieces of plastics... and paying for nib and shipping simply for piece of mind (verse used)... I bet many would pay.

I do the same with plastic sets. And I might consider that price level for an additional fully populated playfield to have as a spare. But not as a warranty option.

1 week later
#2056 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What I'm curious to know is has the issue been resolved for all new built games? I've seen multiple ads on here and on Facebook from distributors saying Wonka SE's / LE's are stock and ready to ship. However, do those games still have this issue? I don't believe JJP has said whether or not the playfield issue has been permanently resolved. Even if it is it could be a while until new playfields are shipped from Mirco to JJP and ultimately installed in games.

JJP isn’t going to announce the issue has been resolved because that would mean they have to acknowledge there is an issue.

Without information to presume otherwise you have to assume any Wonka ready to ship could have playfield pooling. Anyone buying a NIB game now should have seen enough concern here that there is a problem for some/many buyers and Stern and JJP would prefer customers ignore the problem rather than get out in front of it, publicly acknowledge the issue, take aggressive action to fix impacted games and, most importantly, address the root cause of the clear failures.

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

NOT saying this is a fix or a correct solution provided but Jack calling owners seemed to be an acknowledgment of the issue?

If it’s not in writing, it’s not an acknowledgement of a systemic problem and can always be explained as a “one off”.

I agree it’s a first step, but you don’t get anywhere with just one step (Moon landings excepted. And I agree with you about Stern).

#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Would any of you have concerns about hanging a new playfield on a wall ... Will they warp?

No, but they might drip ...

1 month later
#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What are they doing about the issues?

No one knows. Jack has declined to provide details.

#2162 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Think I read somewhere that Jack was asked at expo if the root cause of the playfield clear issues had been determined and a fix identified. He said yes to both, but would not elaborate any further. I would think the newest builds have whatever fix was implemented, guess we'll find out....

True. I was the one that asked the questions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.