(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donkadelic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1639 4 years ago

1. Anecdotal evidence that your machine isn't being effected by the issue has no real bearing on those that are. Saying things like "well i'm not having any chipping so there isn't a widespread problem", is shortsighted at best. And logically unsound. Fact is this IS a widespread problem, whether you want to admit it or not.

2. Saying people should just play their games and stop whining is also logically unsound. Do you really think people who pay 12,500$ for pinball machines don't play them? I would guess that the number who don't is slim to none. Take Richie for example. He personifies what pinball should be, allowing anyone who wants to play (and in the process devalue) his amazing collection. His voice should be the loudest here.

3. On the flip side, analogies are always a bad way to make an argument. Comparing a pinball machine to a car to make a point is pointless in this regard. A pinball machine is simply not a car, you may find similarities, but an apple is not an orange.

4. JJP is dropping the ball, hard. In any business, especially when you're relative small fry, customer satisfaction has to be #1. If short-sighted profits are all you care about, in an unnecessary industry where a single unit costs 8-12.5k, your business is going to fail in 2019, period. JJP should be doing everything in their power to make things right, immediately. They had customer good will on their side with Pirates, people were giving them the benefit of the doubt and allowing them to fix the situation. But the fact that they turned a blind eye and didn't change 1 thing causing the issue on their next release is very telling.

5. Contrast this with how Spooky handled the situation with TNA. Should they technically have sent out fully populated replacement playfields to those with issues? Sure. But doing so would have (probably) bankrupted the company so there needed to be a bit of leeway given. The real test was what happened after. They fixed the situation and showed they care about customer satisfaction above all else, securing lifelong customers and the future of their company.

5. To those of you still saying this isn't a problem, I say one thing. Raise your hand if you HAVEN'T cancelled your Wonka CE preorder?. Anyone, anyone?? ::crickets::

#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I came back to get help dealing with my Oktoberfest issues and couldn’t resist here
Yes I still have my CE order standing.
And it so nice to see such civility and politeness return since I left. LOL
Deep breath! Yes it feels great not to be mired in all the BS day in and day out
Carry on

So you aren't worried about playfield issues? You're fine shelling out 12.5k for an imperfect product?

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Saying that a handful of pictures off pooling and chipping translates to a “widespread problem” is also shortsighted and logically unsound. The only “fact” is that nobody knows what percentage are affected, except maybe the distributors and manufacturers.

Maybe you and I have a different definition of "handful". There's dozens in this thread alone, and that's just for Wonka. Lots more for JJP & JP2. This is a widespread problem, regardless of whether you keep your preorder CE on. Any logical person would take a wait and see approach at the very least.

And just remember my post when your CE shows up and starts pooling. I assume you'll keep the wool over your eyes then?

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Exactly. What’s Jack supposed to do? Cancel his vacation? Admit total wrongdoing? Have 20 people actually complained or provided evidence yet? Do we know?
It looks like a problem. How big we don’t know. Expecting a company to admit guilt and start writing checks is absurd.

You don't actually believe he's on vacation, off the grid in 2019, at the exact time all hell breaks loose do you?

#1661 4 years ago

He goes on vacation every August. Like I did and like 90% of the world dies too. So yes, I do.

Off the grid? Where, middle of the Sahara?

Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

You joined Pinside TODAY, and your first post was to come out swinging at people? Huh.
As for vacations, most everyone I know in the work force has to "put in" for vacation months in advance. Typically they
travel with family, and try to take a break from the work world. I don't take work calls when I'm on vacation either. At least he was cordial enough to take a break and record a message.

Ah yes, how cordial of him to record a 1 minute message essentially telling all his customers to f off?

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m not a JJP guy, I just hate it when people present themselves as “logical” and spew nonsense. Never thought I’d be defending Jack, since he came out swinging at Stern back in 2013. I hated that. But even I will admit that he’s made Stern a better company by being the first credible competitor. Seeing people go after entrepreneurs like hyenas on an old lion just makes me sad.

Which of my comments were nonsense, specifically, and why. Your thinly veiled Ad Hominem isn't really adding to the conversation is it?

#1689 4 years ago

This is a rational post. But you don’t seem to have done much research at all. And as a point of reference, Stern does NOT replace every documented damaged playfield,
Stern’s domination of the industry cuts all ways. They ship way more games than everyone. And to an order of magnitude of buyers than are represented on Pinside (in general and compared to JJP). We hear of their occasional benevolence here but it’s hardly uniform. And the scope of what we don’t know far outweighs what we do.
And to DonkeyDick, just because you can’t take a vacation doesn’t mean no one else can’t. One reason I don’t have more machines is that I’ve spent a shit load of dough on big family vacations the last 3 years. And newsflash: tickets to Europe are best bought months in advance, or they get shitty expensive. I highly doubt Jack waited to schedule a family trip to Europe in the last three weeks.

Oh, is that how vacations work? Didn't know that. Tickets should be bought well in advance? Hold on, lemme take some notes. Any other sage wisdom you'd like to instill on us? Oh and you're richer than me too? Damn I feel awful now, better cancel my trip to Brazil next month and cry.

Rumor is he's back from his "vacation" and still radio silent....tick tock JJP, one more bad move and your company is sunk...

#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Shut the hell up.....everytime I use my lawnmower it doesn't look as good, everytime I drive my car the tires don't look as new, every day I age I don't look as awesome....
Only a complete moron thinks that playing their pinball game isn't going to leave a mark. This thread is getting Monty Pythonesquely stupid.

Analogies are still a horrible way to make an argument.

#1697 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

So if my machine literally burst into flames when I pull the plunger then I have a legitimate gripe and can complain. Got it. Sorry for my overreaction.

Only if it burns down your house and kills your whole family.

#1938 4 years ago

Another thing you guys can do if they refuse to refund is damage the playfield more and make it look like it was natural. Also this is a lesson about why you always use a credit card to make major purchases. Worst case offer to return it and if they formally say no, run a chargeback, then they can drive and pick it up at your house if they want it back.

And before you think that's credit card fraud! Exactly the opposite, this is exactly what chargebacks were designed for, sellers that don't stand behind their products and refuse to return them.

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Over the last two days they have stepped up and are sending free PF’s to the POTC owners with chipping.

And what about the 1k+ it takes to populate said playfield?

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Right, You think a CC company will fight for you over a few millimeter of flaking paint chips? Maybe some more than others, but you will absolutely be responsible for shipping it back. Haha you really believe the CC company will force the manufacturers to pick up otherwise you get a refund? Pfft, riggght

Kinda hard to ship something back to a company that refuses the return, that's the point. All the CC company wants to know is a) is there something wrong with the item and was it purchased in the last 6 months (doesn't matter the scale). They will then ask you if you have tried to contact the seller to return the item at which case you tell them yes and they refused. That's really all you have to do and at that point Stern/JJP will prob get the message and allow you to return it after the CC company contacts them. But if they don't and still refuse, more than likely the CC will refund you the money on the spot.

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm going to post this comment in each thread I've posted about regarding POTC or JJP playfield issues. (Adding text to avoid double post error.)
I feel like anytime a company or individual is criticized for a lack of quality within their output, they should be equally commended when that output is adjusted.
I received an email from Jack before I headed out for work midday Thursday. I work second shift, and Friday had a voicemail left by him when I awoke, and called him back immediately.
Jack seemed earnest, gracious, and humbled in his offer of a new playfield to correct my issues with my POTC playfield tear and rippling. For me, this is the best I could hope for. I don't expect a fully populated playfield swap, or an outright machine exchange. What I am receiving is acknowledgment openly of the issues that have occured within this game, and done so by the company face of said product.
I respect this move. And it gives me greater confidence towards JJP then I had two months ago.
Jack as well, seemed confident these issues are being course corrected moving forward, and his overall tone was upbeat, wishing to make amends, and continue and improve customer relations. In my mind, for me and my situation, that has occurred.
That said, if it weren't for every single person being vocal on this issue, on this forum or via podcasts, whether supporting or accepting these issues, this outcome might not be happening. So I am thankful to all of you, as well as Jack and JJP, for helping make this lovely game "whole" again once more.
I also hope everyone affected by this issue is made whole again as well.

I'm sorry to hear you're happy getting screwed out of 1k because somebody gave you a phone call. I'd rather have the 1k personally (cost of populating said playfield).

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Youre a good guy Wesman but you should expect nothing less than a fully populated defect free playfield in your brand new 10K game. I don’t know how these companies could legally get away with doing anything less honestly.

Because dumb people continue to buy them. Same reason democrips and rebloodlicans continue to get elected.

#2018 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Not happy, reasonably satisfied. It's been a miserable last four months of my life dealing with this issue. Thanks for your "support".
Who are you again..?

I'm on your side, I want to see all of us get what we paid for. Don't settle for less, you deserve it.

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is interesting that the people who are beating the "populated playfield" drum the loudest do not own JJP games at all.
Demanding a full playfield swap is essentially saying "this chipped PLAYFIELD is 100% without value and cannot be used." And that is just not true.

fixed that for you

jack said it best himself, the pf is the heart of the game and without it you have nothing.

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not unreasonable.
First people complained nothing was being done, and that they should get a playfield at cost. That happened.
Then people complained they should get them free without paying anything. That happened.
Now people complain they should be populated playfields.
Where does this end?
From where I sit, all I see are pinside people being entitled and unreasonable while JJP is doing what they can to make people happy.

It ends when the buyer gets what they paid for. A non-damaged (installed) playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 91.00
$ 25.50
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donkadelic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=donkadelic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.