(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dergoetz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

I'm not registered.
Count me in.
407 and 41 !!!

POTC CE #112, count me in, unfortunately

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

JJP must have adopted Joe Katz’s tag line, the new company slogan is “ JJP : What you see is what you get”

Lol
Meta!

#1354 4 years ago

Derek, once your honeymoon phase with pinball is over you too will realize that this is a product that all of us pay hard earned money for.

Is it a toy? Yes.
Does hat imply that we have to treat the "important people" in pinball and their products like ROCKSTAR in order to be friends and fans, let them get away with issues that we would otherwise demand to have rectified?

In my case, no. Your opinion at this point may still vary.

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Saying that a handful of pictures off pooling and chipping translates to a “widespread problem” is also shortsighted and logically unsound. The only “fact” is that nobody knows what percentage are affected, except maybe the distributors and manufacturers.

I have seen four POTC in person and played them, including the CE that I own myself.

All four had pooling, making it a 100% quota in my case.

What is your real-world quota?

#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Any idea of the play count on these at the time you saw them? Just curious if you knew. Were any that way out of the box?
POTC was definitely so bad that we got the "Post Update Kit". .
Thanks.

the other three are on location, two of these in heavily played and somewhat local to me barcades. Hence yes, these two see some shit, hahaha.

The pooling that I saw locally made me ask my distributor about how JJP would cover me should my CE, which I was about to order (late last year), would have the same playfield issues that I saw. The distributor seemed surprised by my question but I was assured that I need not to worry. That of course I would be taken care of. I will find out this coming week as I will now file my ticket in reaction to JJPs latest statements.

The third location POTC I played at the beach a month ago. At an amusement center of sorts. It was the middle of day and I was the only one there. The place was dark and it was hard to tell how much wear, therefore how many games the POTC has had at that point.

My own POTC developed the pooling within the first few months on hardly any games played.

#1723 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

they break, we fix them, we keep on living. If you can’t accept that... you’re in the wrong hobby.

OK, great news here. So how do I fix the pooling and cracking? You got my attention. Have been happily fixing the machines in my collection and other people's machines for years and love to learn new tricks.

#1840 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

JJP will not make it right. Too long already. Why people continue to buy from them has me puzzled. Epic customer support failure.

Check out the POTC playfield thread.
We have an LE owner there with an monster size chip gone. Jack himself supposedly denied him, case closed.

#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Apparently Jack thinks anyone talking about this is a horrible person.

Its the other way around, he is in a horrible position. I feel bad for the man and the investors, it is not like they ordered a bad playfield from their vendor on purpose. But I sure enough did not order a bad POTC CE either.

Speaking of which, why is JJP not going after the playfield vendors? They are at fault to begin with.

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

So it looks like things are going get better - Nice. Glad to hear some people have had their money refunded and are going to be getting future playfields once those are done.

Not so on POTC, we are being offered old stock playfields who are no better then the ones that already failed us once.

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That is exactly the opposite of what Jack told me yesterday.
He said they will be getting new PF’s from vendor soon and corrections have been made.
Said I wouldn’t get PF for a few weeks.
If this is a concern you may want to follow up with him on this.

On POTC Collectors Edition? Is that what you own?

And those who already bought an old stock POTC playfield weeks back and now got a refund offered from Jack, will they get a new and fixed playfield as well just like the rest was supposedly offered or did they screw up when they paid for a bad replacement playfield prematurely and unknowingly.
Are they stuck with an expensive poster?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.99
$ 25.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,600 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dergoetz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.