(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamprey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I was just at the boardwalk in Rehobeth DE...here's the Beatles clear with a similar issue. I'd guess the game has been there a while, but likely not played much. A neoprene washer would take care of it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does a soft neoprene washer actually prevent more damage or does it just cover it up?

Neoprene seems way to soft to do any good. But, maybe it does work?

#197 4 years ago

Those aren't neoprene. Those are pet-g.

Neoprene is a soft rubber that they make wetsuits out of. That's why I was asking if they really work, because I wouldn't think they'd be hard enough to support a post.

I can see pet-g working though.

1 week later
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That wound be absurd. You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this clear coat stuff. It's embarrassing.

I'm not a litigious person by nature. But, how much it too much? How long is too long (i.e Ghostbusters code)?

As it pertains to Stern and GB code. They have been dangling a carrot for a long time (3+ years). Will we actually see the code? I hope so. But, how long is too long? I am very close to having a lawyer friend write a letter as I believe the lack of finished code decreases the value of the game (loss of money).

As it pertains to the physical portions of a game, what do you think is acceptable? Are you OK with a few chunks of clear coat missing from your brand new game? If so, then I propose that you are an outlier. If you do mind and neither the distributor nor manufacturer resolve the issue for you, what do you do? Suck it up? Complain on <insert favorite pinball forum>? Stop buying NIB pins? Contact your consumer protection agency? Lawyer up?

I sure hope the people affected are taken care of by the "supplier" of the game.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Now with the code? Is your Ghostbusters unplayable? Do you possess an unplayable box of lights to show the judge? Or a trashed playfield where you don't need to zoom in 10x to point out the flaw?

You failed to answer any of my questions. If you don't care about damage out of the box and unfulfilled promises just say so and move on; No need to tell people how to feel and talk down to us.

#1339 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

<snip>The real reason it was stopped is because of all the issues it had, not just PF. <snip>

Have you confirmed this as fact or are you trolling/talking out your ass again?

We get it, you hate JJP for whatever reason. But, please stop stating wild speculation as facts.

#1734 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

My personal buying preferences are immaterial to the subject... which was pinball machines are not hands off trophies without flaws. They wear, they have flaws, they break, we fix them, we keep on living. If you can’t accept that... you’re in the wrong hobby.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you that they wear and break and all that. What we disagree with is that broken from the factory is acceptable. To be clear: it is not!

1 week later
#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not unreasonable.
First people complained nothing was being done, and that they should get a playfield at cost. That happened.
Then people complained they should get them free without paying anything. That happened.
Now people complain they should be populated playfields.
Where does this end?
From where I sit, all I see are pinside people being entitled and unreasonable while JJP is doing what they can to make people happy.

Where it should end is just like any other defective product: you take it back to the place you bought it and exchange it for a new one that is not defective.

The "entitled and unreasonable" are, in my opinion, being very reasonable asking for only a fully populated playfield to swap out instead of an entire machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamprey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=Lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.