(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hollywoodbone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, the part where he starts yelling & swearing, pretty cringe-inducing. "Next week I could die in a fiery crash down the highway, and I'm not worried about, ooh, my brake pads have a little bit of residue and cracking, no!" A better cargument would be, what if the paint was flaking off around the door handles and a car salesmen yelled at you on a podcast to just keep buying cars, don't worry about it.
At one point the guest says "no else cares about that little ding but you." Here's the thing: I pay for my games, so my opinion is the one that matters. You know who else cares? Every guy I might ever sell it to.

Quoted from Psw757:

Glad I’m not the only one that feels this way!

It was his personal opinion on the matter that it doesn’t bother him and his feeling it was ridiculous to not buy NIB over this issue because the games are still fun and he wants to play them. He made direct mention that it was a legit problem and it should be fixed. It just wasn’t world ending No It didn’t come off completely right and it’s not every ones opinion and most certainly not the popular opinion but any one that has ever bought a pin from Zach can attest that he does all he can for his customers. Iv seen the guy fight hard for way way smaller things than this and even spend money out of his own pocket to rectify a situation that was a manufacturer or part problem to help a customer out. You won’t find another distributor that will go as far as he will

#918 4 years ago

Mine is good so far but I think I’m going to go get some washers tomorrow just in case. Clear nylon ones if I can find them

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It’s insulting. Thank God my distributor did not talk like that about my issues.
I spent 2 months trying to solve all the problems with my machine’s playfield issues.
It is not an easy fix. Raising a sling with washers stuffs up the sling. It hits harder and causes airballs. Changing from thin posts to double star posts causes the same issue, the sling is now hitting harder. Only solution to dremmel the groove of the double posts so that the sling sits in the same position relative to the hammer.
Want to know another problem with changing posts? The inlanes are now tighter slowing down game play. So again dremmel grooves is needed.
Then you find empty holes for moving miniposts are developing finger sized waves around them. I had to cut bits of metal like home made cliffys and put rubber underneath.
Oh but wait every other post is rippling and chipping. Strip game down and put rubber under every post, especially mini posts.
My distributor actually said to the manufacturer it was not acceptable. Thank god I have a good distributor who looked after me and did not make fun of my trials.
Shame on you Zach for saying this crap. And shame on you Greg for backing him up. It is a shit storm and it needs to be fixed.
Edit: I really like you guys, but if you make fun of this issue, you are telling the manufacturers that it’s not that big a deal. I’m sure you both feel obsessive over some of your prized possessions.

I think it’s a huge deal. And I’m completely obsessive with my pins. I don’t want it on my games and it most certainly bothers me. Again Zach even stated it was a problem and it needed to be fixed. My post was that it was his personal opinion. That in no way effects what he knows is right for his customers. Do you honestly think that Zach is sitting by doing nothing? People can flame Zach all day over that opinion and it’s an opinion that, again I don’t agree with but to insinuate that the guy is a bad distributor and he’s not going to do everything within his limits to resolve the problem ludicrous
I’m not defending his comments. I’m defending the guy as a great distributor

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hollywoodbone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=Hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.