(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1403 Response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Post #1407 Transcribed response from JJP from the Pinball Magazine podcast Posted by RobertWinter (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider High_End_Pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 4 years ago

Given the evidence and how it is plaguing more than one manufacturer I think this issue is without a doubt the new normal and it sucks.

If it is a cure issue things need to slow down

If it is a adhesion issue it needs to be fixed immediately moving forward by adding some type of adhesion promoter to the ground floor of the playfields or finding a product that bites in better.

If it is a product line issue like the clear itself it needs to be swapped for a better product.

No matter what it is if you cannot even install stationary plastic post on a playfield without damaging it then it will likely not hold up well to the moving silver ball.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But is it really? I haven't seen ink adhesion issues with any previous or recent CGC or CPR playfields, and only occasional clear issues. This seems to be a Mirco/JJP/Stern issue alone (didn't Spooky use Mirco for TNA?).
I don't know if CGC WOULD make PFs for competitors or if CPR has the capacity over their normal lines to make playfields for JJP, but I sure would be on the phone finding out if I worked for JJP.

Yeah to be clear I am saying it is the new normal for the ones that have shown this problem consistently such as JJP across at least 2 titles,Stern across at least a couple or more. This is why I note more than one not just JJP.
CPR has different type of issues but it is not a durability issue.
Not familiar with documented CGC playfield problems other than thin screening on inserts like MMR.
They all seem to have something at sometime or another but this puckering at the post looks as bad as installing an overlay.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The only issues I know about with CGC is clear cracking and peeling on early run MMr playfields. Some were pretty nasty. But I haven't seen any issues since.
The point is there ARE manufacturers out there doing playfields so the clear can't be dented with a fingernail months after it's made and whole sections of the PF art doesn't come off from the PF wood clean. Reward them with more work and moola, and punish the bad actors (aka Mirco) who don't know or don't care how to fix the issues.

That was a known 50 years ago. Never seen this on an old Gottlieb EM
The question and what seems to remain unknown at this point that would help me better understand is this.
Did the same person make all playfields with this issue or are they made by different people exhibiting the same issue?

If it is the same person on all that is the root of the problem and it comes down to product lines or process. That could be addressed and fixed.

If it is different people then it gets deeper.

If different do they all use the same products or at least one or two of the same products in the process?

If not do they all start assembling too soon these days?

This type of info could really help find solutions moving forward but there is almost no interaction with the people that have those answers only those with the problems and aftermath leaving us guessing and many buyers suffering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 32.99
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider High_End_Pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-?tu=High_End_Pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.