(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 45.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Replying from another thread here because it’s more appropriate for this topic.

Yeah, I found and read this entire thread with my wife after talking to a couple distributors about Munsters (bought a new Premium with all the upgrades) and trying to place a pre-order for Wonka CE and the Red 75th Anniversary WoZ.
One distributor didn’t want to take a preorder for the JJP tables at all and strongly encouraged me to think twice about JJP tables in general due to basic, repeated, and systemic quality control problems he’s observed with their tables.
He told me about the major headaches he has had trying to support his buyers of NiB JJP tables and how JJP just leaves him and his folks hanging while they kick out yet another new table with the same old issues. One dealer didn’t deal with them at all due to problems they saw others having. Another would grudgingly accept my preorder (tables were listed on their site) but cautioned I should be patient and expect to need to do some work beyond what is normally expected for a NiB pin. Another dealer had been a fan and supplier until pirates and these other debacles made it hell for them to justify selling and supporting.
After hearing the same story from multiple places I looked up the WoZ and Wonka threads here on pinside and I’m blown away at the type and number of JJP Playfield problems.
WoZ played great. So great I was ready to buy it on impulse. Based on that and Wonka’s theme alone I was
Ready to pre-order a Wonka CE.
But I’m not comfortable paying an electric cars worth of money for two tables that may have playfield curing/art problems with less than 100 plays and no support.
2 out of 3 distributors I talked to said if I had playfield issues of this kind with a Stern first, they are much more rare. Second Stern will usually swap it out.
(I didn’t think to ask the first distributor I talked to.)
Heartbroken because WoZ was a fun play. From what I’m reading and even the distributors admit, Wonka is a good play too. Possibly JJPs best. Just don’t expect it to be finished (code) and don’t expect the playfields to last half as long as tables from back in the day, or a NiB Chicago Gaming, or NiB Stern at half the price.
Just the info I have gathered all second hand.
Take with a pinch of salt.
If ya’ll have info that particular runs of WoZ are free and clear (see what I did there). I’d love to know what to look for.
Wonka CE isn’t out yet so who knows what state that will ship in.
I have to assume based on their track record no material improvements/changes to build/finish quality.

When actual distributors are saying this, buyer beware! Stay clear of JJP!!

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fixing/restoring clear finishes is much different than laying down an entire playfield's worth of art on bare wood and then clearing. That first step of ink adhesion for the ART to the WOOD seems to be the major point of failure and the clear a secondary problem.

Sure, but MANY PF clears/restorations involve paint/art. I had Ron restore a NOS Paragon PF and was shocked by how much touch up he had to do (to make everything perfect).

And while it might be slightly off topic, the IMDN PF I referenced earlier (with poor sanding/prep) has become more common on the newer Sterns.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

When actual distributors are saying this, buyer beware! Stay clear of JJP!!

Ignore this A hole big time JJP hater on a mission from Stern headquarters!

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Agreed. I'm not sure I'd replace over the puddling by itself, but absolutely with chipping and I don't see why that's even remotely an issue for JJP. The puddling is a broader issue but if it's not damaging the play field then I can see why a line would be drawn there.
Jeff

You hit the nail on the head here.

Puddling, take preventative measures and keep a close eye on it.

Chipping and chipping in multiple spots needs further action from JJP.

We’ve sent multiple photos at their request and while they say that is bad and helpful in them determining what is happening, no action on their part to really help without me shelling out more money.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sure, but MANY PF clears/restorations involve paint/art. I had Ron restore a NOS Paragon PF and was shocked by how much touch up he had to do (to make everything perfect).
And while it might be slightly off topic, the IMDN PF I referenced earlier (with poor sanding/prep) has become more common on the newer Sterns.

Touchup is different than putting down art on a new playfield. The playfield was already "seasoned" and held the prior art. Putting art on a PF blank is a whole different ballgame.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Encouraging. I’m not trying to bag on JJP. Honestly painful to see all the issues.
Was blown away when 3 separate companies in the same day either said they were walking away or keeping back.
I know it sounds sketchy with me not naming names but I’m not because I don’t want JJP retaliating against these folks or holding back inventory. They still have a few die hard customers waiting on their pre-orders or open issues.
Ideally JJP should fix the underlying problems that lead to these situations. Maybe they are and it just takes time to see.
The dealers I’ve talked to simply do not have confidence these games will hold up.
I am encouraged by your own personal experience. If there was some way for me to know what made yours special and I could verify I got one made similarly I would happily pull the trigger.
WoZ was fun as hell to play. I wanted the upcoming Red 75th that still has the flying money. Wonka looks to be fun too.
I honestly want these games in my home. Just not with a playfield that’s never gonna cure.
Following this thread has given me a good understanding of why all this stuff may be happening.
I’m sticking around and commenting in hopes that JJP is watching and working on it. Also hoping to be here when we learn if/when the issues start clearing up or at least have found ways to identify affected playfields. Prior to purchase.

Not sure why you are thinking the issues are going to go away. JJP has not figured the issues out clearly for years now. Not sure why some report service is so good. My experience has not been that way at all. Lodging and sending numerous tickets, with no reply for months. Calling and only getting an answering machine or when someone does answer, the appropriate person is no where to be found or on the phone with someone else. Buyer beware is what comes to mind. There are games that are just as fun (or more so), without all the issues out there to buy.

Only JJP fanboys will downvote this comment of truth.

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Not sure why you are thinking the issues are going to go away. JJP has not figured the issues out clearly for years now. Not sure why some report service is so good. My experience has not been that way at all. Lodging and sending numerous tickets, with no reply for months. Calling and only getting an answering machine or when someone does answer, the appropriate person is no where to be found or on the phone with someone else. Buyer beware is what comes to mind. There are games that are just as fun (or more so), without all the issues out there to buy.

Where on the doll did JJP touch you...???

Jeff

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Touchup is different than putting down art on a new playfield. The playfield was already "seasoned" and held the prior art. Putting art on a PF blank is a whole different ballgame.

Sure, but “Putting art on a PF blank” isn’t exactly a feature new to pinball I understand paint chemistry evolves (and is regulated), however this just seems like pure negligence (since the problems occur so quickly). If we were talking about wear/damage that only surfaced after hundreds of plays, it would be another story. Just seems like the manufacturers have decided to live with these problems to keep the line rolling.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ignore this A hole big time JJP hater on a mission from Stern headquarters!

Is name calling really necessary? It puts you in such a low category in poor human behavior.

Lol, I shouldn’t give this the dignity of a reply, but you’re the Stern hater on a mission and are the one to be ignored. You hate the fact that I’m calling it like it is. Noticed you don’t have much to say in your normal defense of JJP and all these clear coat issues?

I don’t hate JJP and have purchased their machines. How does that make me a hater?
Yes, I’m concerned at the customer service and machine issues I’ve had like anyone would be. Again, how does that make me a hater?

True, my experience with Stern has been stellar. Any issue although very few, has been handled in a “pronto” fashion and without hesitation. They value me as a customer and I value them as a manufacture by giving them my hard earned money. Why is this hard for you to understand??? Stern stands behind their product and it just keeps getting better. Have you taken a good look at how well their machine cabinets have been made since the beginning of this year? Every bit as good as JJPs cabinets.

(All you JJP apologists, go ahead and put your heads in the sand about the playfield chipping issues and downvote my comments)

#310 4 years ago

I'm just curious how many owners actually have this type of play field issue? Both my woz and Hobbit have been perfect for years. I'm curious how many people have chipping in either Wonka or potc? Is this just a few out of 500-1000 machines or us it really more frequent? I feel bad for people dealing with this, but how common is it really?

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Lol, you’re the Stern hater on a mission and are the one to be ignored. You hate the fact that I’m calling it like it is. Noticed you don’t have much to say in your normal defense of JJP and all these clear coat issues?

The clearcoat issue is pretty awful. I don't think any rational customer or potential customer is disputing that.

That said, do you wish to add anything constructive or just chime in incessantly for some odd reason?

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Where on the doll did JJP touch you...???
Jeff

Really what the hell is this dudes problem

#313 4 years ago

The post kit for Pirates was a joke. I told my local pin friends, it's just going to bubble and peel in the new contact spot. I guess I had some hope it would spread the load but, in hindsight, I knew this problem was not going away.

I have yet to see a Pirates or WW that is not failing.

People who act like this is no big deal are either JJP moles, have lots of money to blow or really don't get it. I don't mind dimples and normal wear but, playfield art and clearcoat peeling and bubbling is BS.

I wish JJP would man up and say whats going on. I would be happy to pay $500 for a replacement if it actually was not a piece of junk like the one in the game!

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

The post kit for Pirates was a joke. I told my local pin friends, it's just going to bubble and peel in the new contact spot. I guess I had some hope it would spread the load but, in hindsight, I knew this problem was not going away.
I have yet to see a Pirates of WW that is not failing.
People who act like this is no big deal are either JJP moles, have lots of money to blow or really don't get it. I don't mind dimples and normal wear but, playfield art and clearcoat peeling and bubbling is BS.
I wish JJP would man up and say whats going on. I would be happy to pay $500 for a replacement if it actually was not a piece of junk like the one in the game!

On the money comment, but watch out the JJP moles will run you down for speaking the truth and call you names. Lol (They probably won’t now that I’ve called them out on it. Lol)

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm just curious how many owners actually have this type of play field issue? Both my woz and Hobbit have been perfect for years. I'm curious how many people have chipping in either Wonka or potc?

It seems like the puddling started on a few POTC and has shown up in higher frequency on wonka. DI had a few clear issues, but never actually puddled around standoffs. My WozRR, TH, and DI were perfect, but my POTC has one post with puddling, and my wonka has 3-4. Clearly it’s getting worse before it’s getting better, and that’s why they need to come down on Mirco because obviously something has changed on the PF.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

On the money comment, but watch out the JJP moles will run you down for speaking the truth.

Speaking the truth? Pfft, you’ve made a half dozen proclamations that all turn out to be wrong or simply untrue. If calling out people who don’t know what they are talking about makes someone a JJP mole then so be it.

#317 4 years ago

I think it is worth mentioning that i have a Dialed In LE purchased NIB early this year from JJP. I have no mounding or chipping of clear coat anywhere on the playfield. There is a fair amount of dimpling but nothing that appears unusual. I am sorry i have nothing to add for the people with chipping/mounding other than i know i would be bummed.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

On the money comment, but watch out the JJP moles will run you down for speaking the truth and call you names. Lol (They probably won’t now that I’ve called them out on it. Lol)

Your a small man,aren’t you?

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

...This is the responsibility of JJP period, not a third party...

Not picking sides, and I don't own a JJP. Just a little inspection insight.

From a manufacturing standpoint, the responsibility is kind of up in the air. If JJP has incoming inspection, and they OK'd the boards (hard to believe they would check for hardness, likely dimensions and flaws in the art), then the responsibility would be in the hands of JJP -they accepted the boards as good.

If a PF vendor does the inspection themselves and certifies the PF is OK, then the PF vendor would be responsible. But the big catch would be "Is a coating hardness test part of the PF inspection?" If not (and that would have been agreed to by both parties) - then the PF vendor is off the hook. It could have been as simple as "apply the coating per instructions". Yes, we did that - check, done (but no hardness test required). Not to mention if the PF vendor has bad boards, then there's the big liability of how do you resolve the issue if it's a fully populated PF that's now very expensive to replace. A blank PF is not a big issue. One out in the wild in a person's pin is now a very expensive problem. Adding fuel to the fire, now the coating vendor and wood supplier would also get involved. I can see a lot of finger pointing going on here between all vendors.

The odd thing is, this isn't the first time JJP had this issue. If I was the pin manufacture, someone would have been on a plane the next day to resolve this issue and make sure a test was added to verify.

In my line of work, it's not uncommon to take an OTC part and add extra tests that aren't normally covered to guarantee performance. Of course, there's an up-charge but the price is small to not have an issue later on down the line.

But getting back to you original comment - it's spot on and would agree. The end-user doesn't have an agreement with the PF vendor, JJP does. The end-user bought the pin from JJP, so it's on JJP's shoulders to resolve issues. Then the issue will turn into "This isn't covered under the warranty terms."

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Well, I fell for it, I actually took you seriously for a second. Just a look at your post history, with 50% more downvoted than up, and it’s 95% anti JJP vitriol. Literally almost every comment you make is trashing Not only JJP, but everyone except stern...must just be my JJP bias, pfft.

I like all pin manufacturers and all have their plus’ and minuses. I like my sterns as much as I like my JJP and CGC pins and will continue to support them all. I honestly feel bad for guys like you....spending the majority of their time on some pinball forum trying to trash someone’s business with half truths and flat out incorrect statements....shew, I couldn’t imagine being that sad and miserable. Best of luck to you, you’re clearly on a crusade and I hope it works out for you.

#321 4 years ago

Well, after seeing and following this post, I decided to check two of my games from top to bottom.

JJP - DICE
Stern - IMDN Premium

Both are awesome and bolted to the floor..lol

DICE playfield is perfect. No bubbling or chipping.

IMDN has two minor spots of bubbling and an interesting hole by the upper left flipper. See photos.

I'm not concerned with this at this point and hadn't noticed before now. I love the game.

I like both companies but give the edge to JJP for their innovation.

I would have no issue buying from either of them but do hope they get what appears to be a growing issue corrected.

20190820_185818 (resized).jpg20190820_185818 (resized).jpg20190820_190150 (resized).jpg20190820_190150 (resized).jpg20190820_190823 (resized).jpg20190820_190823 (resized).jpg
#322 4 years ago

SE owner here. Pooling around the slings and posts (like most SE owners seem to have). Also had some chipping visible below some of the posts when I took them up to install the POTC kit JJP provided.

It's disappointing, and I hope the problems get identified and resolved. I also think this might be the best playing game ever made, or at least that I have had the pleasure to play. So it's got that going for it.

Incidentally, I played a BK:SOR Pro a couple of weeks ago that had very visible playfield chipping around the sling posts.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

an interesting hole by the upper left flipper.

Flipper alignment hole.

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Flipper alignment hole.

Yep, just found the same on the other 3 flippers and on 2 other older games.

DICE does not have those.

#325 4 years ago

Can we go back to Silkscreened playfields that actually get time to cure before they get installed, heck even the wood on these things looks like it was just made right before the whole thing was built.

Or Can we see playfield born on dates from at least 6 months before it's boxed up to let the clear cure.

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

No one is doing that here and you sir have been acting like a troll who thinks almighty Stern can do no wrong. Maybe that's true though, they are a global lifestyle brand after all lol.

Attention: Any downvotes mean you are a Stern fanboy (insert sarcasm)

#327 4 years ago

The saddest part about this conversation is that few are talking about how great of a game WONKA is. Again, I love CGC, Stern, JJP, and anyone else that puts out a good machine - but they all have issues.

WONKA is a masterpiece of fun, and even those who would never buy one, I recommend dropping quarters anytime you see it in the wild

#328 4 years ago

I have a DILE with 3000 plays (it was on route for a while). I know it's no solace to those with issues, but it shows at one point the playfields were fairly good and did not have this 'pooling issue'.

I put a protector on the phone scoop now. It tends to reject a few shots, but not too bad. I hope it 'breaks in'.

Rob
20190805_192318 (resized).jpg20190805_192318 (resized).jpg20190805_192509 (resized).jpg20190805_192509 (resized).jpg20190820_185506 (resized).jpg20190820_185506 (resized).jpg20190820_185525 (resized).jpg20190820_185525 (resized).jpg20190820_185625 (resized).jpg20190820_185625 (resized).jpg20190820_185644 (resized).jpg20190820_185644 (resized).jpg

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

The saddest part about this conversation is that few are talking about how great of a game WONKA is. Again, I love CGC, Stern, JJP, and anyone else that puts out a good machine - but they all have issues.
WONKA is a masterpiece of fun, and even those who would never buy one, I recommend dropping quarters anytime you see it in the wild

If wonka shoots as good as DILE, then I'm sure it's a lot of fun. I may get one down the road, but will wait to see if playfield issues get sorted out first.

Rob

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Can we go back to Silkscreened playfields that actually get time to cure before they get installed, heck even the wood on these things looks like it was just made right before the whole thing was built.
Or Can we see playfield born on dates from at least 6 months before it's boxed up to let the clear cure.

This would be very enlightening and possibly very helpful in companies like Stern, JJP, and others ensuring proper process is followed.

Wood completion date.
Painted date.
Clearcoated date.
Clear-coat curing completed date.

Each stamped clearly on the bottom of the underside of the playfield.

Sure a company could forge it all. But if their playfields are crap and they are found to be forging it then that would be be perfect reasoning to terminate the production relationship and/or pursue legal action.

Without this and/or a curing/hardness/brittleness test like someone else proposed here it’s all just take it on faith, ship it, and see what happens.

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Yeah, that's the real bummer here. A team of talented people designed, programmed, and worked on the game and to see it dragged through the mud a bit due to playfield issues of all thing sucks!

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Not sad at all. This isn’t the owners thread being hijacked. It’s a thread specifically made for discussion of the chipping/playfield issues.

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s for accidental damage. Some cards extend your warranty period and claim limits under this are much higher. They don’t cover wear and tear so you’d have to prove it was a manufacturer defect.

Lermods is 100% correct.

The Amex Platinum card helped my buddy out on a splitting cabinet and a chipping play field. It was something of a long and arduous process (around 60 days and countless photos), but Amex got it done.

The purchase protection for the Platinum card is limited to $10,000 per occurrence. You must notify Amex of the issue within 120 days of receipt of merchandise. Also, Amex’ extended warranty doubles the manufacturer’s warranty.

It provides me peace of mind.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

DICE does not have those.

How do you know Andrew doesn't have a hole near his flipper?!
(that's a poor joke - people)

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

No one is going to give it cure time. The problem is … esp with JJP... time is money; they don't have the financial solvency to actually sit on PFs for 2-3mths for them to cure; that's really where this starts. They probably don't even have the solvency to pay for shipping and wait from them to ship from Mirco. They have no choice but to minimize time to money and ship these games as soon as the parts are there. That's why it's up to us as consumers to vote with our dollars and refund demands.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Emerald City LE, the sparkly green armor version, not the stainless steel standards that came later. The 75th reds have been out for years. They're re-running them, but there's speculation it may be without the monkey mech, which they took out on the YBR ones, and that would be a huge fail.
Get a nice HUO ECLE with 2.0 lighting or 1.0 lighting and upgrade it to 2.0 immediately and you're golden. Best of all worlds, a direct-print cabinet unavailable on any other run, and about 4 grand cheaper than a new YBR and thousands less than a new 75th re-run that may or may not be gimped.

This one?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83744

#336 4 years ago

Nope. That's not an LE. I didn't know they made green ones for Automated, too, but that's definitely not an LE, and the price is spendy for a used non-ECLE.

Here's one that sold, but it can show you some items that are only on the ECLEs (that are not on that automated non-LE one):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz-ecle-934

Check out the wood apron with all the signatures of the staff involved and the number (xxx/1000) on the left side in sparkles. Also, the laser-etched lit topper.

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope. That's not an LE. I didn't know they made green ones for Automated, too, but that's definitely not an LE, and the price is spendy for a used non-ECLE.
Here's one that sold, but it can show you some items that are only on the ECLEs (that are not on that automated non-LE one):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz-ecle-934
Check out the wood apron with all the signatures of the staff involved and the number (xxx/1000) on the left side in sparkles. Also, the laser-etched lit topper.

Thanks. There is an ECLE for sale currently but it has some backbox damage and sounds like they are only interested in a local sale. So I’ll just wait and keep my eyes open.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Thanks. There is an ECLE for sale currently but it has some backbox damage and sounds like they are only interested in a local sale. So I’ll just wait and keep my eyes open.

If it doesn't have the necessary 2.0 light kit already installed, that's another $800, of which you'll get back about $300 by selling the existing 1.0 boards (assuming most or all currently work) after the conversion.

Something in the $7500 range with 1.0 boards is what I would expect. These $8500 and up used ones are out of their minds, IMO.

Where are you? If you're in the US, WHERE you are in the US will dictate price by a not-insignificant amount.

#339 4 years ago

So far I have not seen any issues on my POTC CE Playfield -- But I did see two holes -- with no Post or something - Is this suppose to be like this - Can someone tell me what those holes are for??

I am in for a WWCF CE - Kind of wondering if there will be issues there -- But Hey - Have not see the artwork for that yet and it better be more than SPRINKLES...Lol

20190820_200345_resized (resized).jpg20190820_200345_resized (resized).jpg20190820_200348_resized (resized).jpg20190820_200348_resized (resized).jpg
#340 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

So far I have not seen any issues on my POTC CE Playfield -- But I did see two holes -- with no Post or something - Is this suppose to be like this - Can someone tell me what those holes are for??
I am in for a WWCF CE - Kind of wondering if there will be issues there -- But Hey - Have not see the artwork for that yet and it better be more than SPRINKLES...Lol[quoted image][quoted image]

Those holes are to move the post over to make the game easier.

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those holes are to move the post over to make the game easier.

hmmmmmmm.......

I think I will wait till I hear more responses on this one....Really?

#342 4 years ago

hmmmmmmm.......

Yes, really.

#343 4 years ago

hmmmmmmm.......

#344 4 years ago

Okay...other than my stupidity...Playfield has no issues and mine so far is perfect.

#345 4 years ago

Actually it is 3AM...I could ask Joe....

#346 4 years ago

I have all five JJP games and my Pirates has over 2000 plays and not a single chip or scratch. Everything is smooth sailing for my five games. Hopefully this is just an isolated issue but I can only speak for myself nothing but great support from JJP and love their products.

Wonka has been a TON of fun to own and play. Love everything Mod Couple has done as well. Hopefully any issues anyone has are resolved for those having an issue. Overall I think its the best JJP game they've ever done. The shots are amazing, love the sound fx, the graphics on the screen are first class, artwork is great, and for me the theme is a home run. Wonka makes you feel happy to play pinball... its a break for all the heavy metal pinball. LOL Again hope everyone gets any issues resolved but I can only say for myself all is good so far.

IMG_4865 (resized).jpgIMG_4865 (resized).jpg

#347 4 years ago

JJP Have any response to this yet?

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

JJP Have any response to this yet?

No response. Complete radio silence. He is quite frustrated as his gobstopper has not worked correctly since he received it. He told me he has called and emailed JJP for the past few weeks and zero response. At the end of last week, upon discovering the chipping, he gave up and enlisted the help of a distro. This is pretty sad as he is a huge JJP supporter and has all 5 of their pins. He’s so frustrated he’s talking about blowing them all out and switching to Sterns. He had an issue with his BM66 turntable and Stern was instantly all over it, way out of the warranty period.

I purchased a nib POTCCE, and have luckily had no issues. I was on the fence about buying a Wonka, but after seeing what he is going through, I’m out. Not worth the heartburn.

#349 4 years ago

Just recieved mine, born date 8/2/19 looks pretty good. Crossing fingers.

20190820_182149 (resized).jpg20190820_182149 (resized).jpg20190820_182156 (resized).jpg20190820_182156 (resized).jpg20190820_183633 (resized).jpg20190820_183633 (resized).jpg
#350 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

No response. Complete radio silence. He is quite frustrated as his gobstopper has not worked correctly since he received it. He told me he has called and emailed JJP for the past few weeks and zero response. At the end of last week, upon discovering the chipping, he gave up and enlisted the help of a distro. This is pretty sad as he is a huge JJP supporter and has all 5 of their pins. He’s so frustrated he’s talking about blowing them all out and switching to Sterns. He had an issue with his BM66 turntable and Stern was instantly all over it, way out of the warranty period.

Had the same experience with JJP as your friend. With Stern, they took care of me instantly, with no issues at all. They are there to service and stand behind their machines, even out of warranty has been my experience. Your friend would be wise to blow them out just like many of us have done. Too much money to be lost on current JJP machines in the resale market. Stern is the giant of the industry and still cannot understand why JJP and Stern are put even in the same discussion. Fanboys don’t like the truth. It seems JJP is now run totally by Pat and the investors. WW is a nice looking machine, but the big question is, for how long??? Future chipping with no chipping warranty backup, is not desirable. Paying $550 for a playfield resulting in the same issue, why?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-/page/7?hl=jimwe5t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.