(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 45.
#2151 4 years ago

Nice will have to look those up. At one point I had a mini collection of chips from my visits to Vegas. No idea where they are at now

#2152 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Fantastic? All I see is a poker chip underneath a post. I guess that's better than looking at pooling or chipping clear.

Need some Dino dung chips for all those Stern JP's out there to hide all of that pooling and chipping

#2153 4 years ago

These are a fantastic solution to an unfortunate problem...question is-why couldn't JJP figure out something like this?

#2154 4 years ago

They’d be ridiculed mercilessly if peppermint washers were the official company fix.

#2155 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

They’d be ridiculed mercilessly if peppermint washers were the official company fix.

Yeah, its like those companies in London marketing makeup kits for acid attacks. Why not do something about the acid attacks instead of marketing fixes to help you live with them?

3 weeks later
#2156 4 years ago

Has anyone tried a floating star post? Placing a small washer under the star post causing the outer edge to float above the actual playfield .5mm ?

Using this method will move the pressure point to the center contact area and any pooling or ripple will be protected by the star post body.

Just a thought for those of us still buying this machine NIB

#2157 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Has anyone tried a floating star post? Placing a small washer under the star post causing the outer edge to float above the actual playfield .5mm ?
Using this method will move the pressure point to the center contact area and any pooling or ripple will be protected by the star post body.

So the clearcoat issues hasn't been fixed?

#2158 4 years ago

What are they doing about the issues?

#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What are they doing about the issues?

No one knows. Jack has declined to provide details.

#2160 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No one knows. Jack has declined to provide details.

Think I read somewhere that Jack was asked at expo if the root cause of the playfield clear issues had been determined and a fix identified. He said yes to both, but would not elaborate any further. I would think the newest builds have whatever fix was implemented, guess we'll find out....

#2161 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Think I read somewhere that Jack was asked at expo if the root cause of the playfield clear issues had been determined and a fix identified. He said yes to both, but would not elaborate any further. I would think the newest builds have whatever fix was implemented, guess we'll find out....

I’d prefer to find out with someone else’s $10,000.

#2162 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

True. I was the one that asked the questions.

#2163 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

True. I was the one that asked the questions.

They were good questions....and I was less than impressed by his arrogant responses.....

#2164 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They were good questions....and I was less than impressed by his arrogant responses.....

Totally agree

#2165 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I brought up that thought earlier in the thread. Seems the post are open on the bottom side, only touches the PF around the edges.

#2166 4 years ago

My playfield is doing these things as well
And ummmm?

That's pinball boys and girls.

I'll just keep on playing and keep on buying

#2167 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Swinks is selling a few varieties of posts and washers based on this concept on his Shapeways store.

#2168 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

And you're part of the problem. People that continue to purchase substandard products.

At what point will you put your foot down and say "you're not getting any more of my money".....A chunk the size of a nickel, maybe a quarter?

#2169 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

My playfield is doing these things as well
And ummmm?
That's pinball boys and girls.

Why would you not care that your machine is falling apart before your eyes? That's just plain nuts. But whatever man

#2170 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Why would you not care that your machine is falling apart before your eyes? That's just plain nuts. But whatever man

Because it's still fun to play which is the entire point.

#2171 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And my car would still be fun to drive when the paint is falling off the hood and there is a big ass hole in the seat after 100 miles, but I'm not going to tolerate that either.

Maybe you don't care if your stuff looks like crap and is falling apart, but I do.

#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

And my car would still be fun to drive when the paint is falling off the hood and there is a big ass hole in the seat after 100 miles, but I'm not going to tolerate that either.
Maybe you don't care if your stuff looks like crap and is falling apart, but I do.

Sure I care. But I'm not gonna stop playing and buying over it.

#2173 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're worse than the people who have a right to complain. How many times have you played the apologist? 100 posts in 20 different threads? Give it a rest ffs.

#2174 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

You're worse than the people complaining. How many times have you played the apologist? 100 posts in 20 different threads? Give it a rest ffs.

101 now!

#2175 4 years ago

u r neat. 4 games in your collection with the problem. bet that's a pretty row of pins

#2176 4 years ago

Should change screen name to Patsy.

#2177 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

You're worse than the people complaining. How many times have you played the apologist? 100 posts in 20 different threads? Give it a rest ffs.

Yeah, I can't imagine visiting a thread about a problem that doesn't bother me 100 times to say "this doesn't bother me!" but it takes all kinds.

#2178 4 years ago

Hey man I've never seen anyone who loves to play pinball more than Zaphx....he puts more games on his machines in a week than I do in a year Cant fault a guy for loving the hobby, and not worrying about the play field. I myself would be aggravated, but everyone is different. To that point I'm not sure I'll ever buy a NIB game again....I just picked up a POTC LE that had 80 plays on it with no cracking, and very very minor pooling if u look hard enough. I actually installed the complete set of Cliffy's yesterday, which was a bit of a pain in the ass.

#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Hey man I've never seen anyone who loves to play pinball more than Zaphx....he puts more games on his machines in a week than I do in a year Cant fault a guy for loving the hobby, and not worrying about the play field. I myself would be aggravated, but everyone is different. To that point I'm not sure I'll ever buy a NIB game again....I just picked up a POTC LE that had 80 plays on it with no cracking, and very very minor pooling if u look hard enough. I actually installed the complete set of Cliffy's yesterday, which was a bit of a pain in the ass.

To be clear (no pun) it's not that I don't care, it's that it's not enough to stop me having fun and buying them, especially if the issue is small enough I can cover it (as it was with POTC.)

I only chimed back in on this pitchfork thread because the guy who said he was still going to buy was getting jumped on about it.

It's ok for him to keep buying just as it's ok for people who are sitting out to sit out. Nobody is right or wrong here.

#2180 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To be clear (no pun) it's not that I don't care, it's that it's not enough to stop me having fun and buying them, especially if the issue is small enough I can cover it (as it was with POTC.)
I only chimed back in on this pitchfork thread because the guy who said he was still going to buy was getting jumped on about it.
It's ok for him to keep buying just as it's ok for people who are sitting out to sit out. Nobody is right or wrong here.

We KNOW your feelings. FFS it's shoved down our faces everyday multiple times.

#2181 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

We also know yours and the other pitchfork wavers, yet it seems to be ok for you guys to keep posting!

#2182 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We also know yours and the other pitchfork wavers, yet it seems to be ok for you guys to keep posting!

Ok Patsy.

#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Gotta love the people who whine about how frequently someone provides their opinion without looking at the irony in their own constant replies arguing against...

Jeff

#2184 4 years ago

Wholly unnecessary and inappropriate.

Jeff

#2185 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Gotta love the people who whine about how frequently someone provides their opinion without looking at the irony in their own constant replies arguing against...
Jeff

My replies are FAR from constant on here. Unlike others.

#2186 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Wholly unnecessary and inappropriate.
Jeff

Indeed.

#2187 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Obviously doesn’t care about resale value. You will take the hit if you ever try to sell. Buy to your hearts content. Who gives a flying flip? I mean it would be nice if we were all united in our stance. That just isn’t going to happen in this day and age. Honestly wish I didn’t care about cosmetics either. I’d probably enjoy the hobby more tbh.

#2188 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My replies are FAR from constant on here. Unlike others.

Yet here you are...

Jeff

#2189 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Yet here you are...
Jeff

It's quite simple. This is a thread about people having playfield issues. Your boy Pats err Zaph comes in EVERY day to say Eh, no big deal.
Perhaps he should just start his own thread titled, Thank you sir may I please have another: I spent $10k and my playfield has issues but I don't care. Post away laddy.

#2190 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It's quite simple. This is a thread about people having playfield issues. Your boy Pats err Zaph comes in EVERY day to say Eh, no big deal.

False. The last time I posted in this pitchfork thread on the topic was 44 days ago. And I only jumped in this time (believe me I regret it) to defend the guy who was getting jumped on as "part of the problem."

This "patsy" business is amusing as hell to me as I genuinely don't understand the insult.

#2191 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

False. The last time I posted in this pitchfork thread on the topic was 44 days ago. And I only jumped in this time (believe me I regret it) to defend the guy who was getting jumped on as "part of the problem."
This "patsy" business is amusing as hell to me as I genuinely don't understand the insult.

I don't know. haha.

How do you like Star Wars? Thinking about changing up the lineup and that keeps popping into my head.

#2192 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't know. haha.
How do you like Star Wars? Thinking about changing up the lineup and that keeps popping into my head.

Well, Star Wars was my first pin...it is the game that got me into pinball. That said, I had to move it into a separate room from the other 3 for space reasons and I haven't played it much. I've been thinking of selling it.

It has nice flow, some of the needed shots (Death Star) are tight and difficult to make when you need them.

At one point I was considering upgrading to a premium, but I honestly prefer the Pro and the ramp to the Death Star makes the already-tough shot even harder. So I think Pro plays best.

#2193 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

In no way am I waiving a pitchfork, but you can be damn straight that I'm not going to buy another game until JJP and Stern come out and say "We've resolved the issue with the play fields and have done "X" to take care of these who experienced the issue".

Am I going to play my BM66, absolutely. Am I going to throw piles of hundred dollar bills at them before they resolve, let alone even acknowledge the issue...No way. Are you insane?

#2194 4 years ago

Probably! Though that's a bigger discussion outside the scope of pinball.

#2195 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

In no way am I waiving a pitchfork, but you can be damn straight that I'm not going to buy another game until JJP and Stern come out and say "We've resolved the issue with the play fields and have done "X" to take care of these who experienced the issue".
Am I going to play my BM66, absolutely. Am I going to throw piles of hundred dollar bills at them before they resolve, let alone even acknowledge the issue...No way. Are you insane?

Its really simple....do what I've done, and stop buying NIB games. The only reward one gets by buying NIB is u get the experience of opening the box, and setting up the game for the first time. Trust me that experience is over rated. You can save yourself a bunch of grief (and a little $) by buying a nice HUO machine that u can inspect prior to purchasing...there are hundreds of bozos like myself that have purchased NIB games and put less than 200 plays of them before their ready to move onto the next title....

#2196 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Very true.

And it's fine for people to state things either way, and hopefully we can all agree to that.

I know until I get conclusive evidence via statement or firsthand experience, I'm not buying new NIB again. I just finally got a Hobbit NIB, but but thankfully that was just before this clearcoat issue occuring.

Hey Picklebutt, did someone say...MY...name???

Seriously, I respect your view, and Derek's, but name calling only creates animosity. So he feels differently than you, and....? He's been vehement for so long, as have others to get the issues fixed and ideally transparently so, that just accepting differing viewpoints should be the norm by now, especially on this issue.

c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).pngc9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
#2197 4 years ago

I love you all. Even you, with your fake coconut horse.

#2198 4 years ago

So has anybody bought this game manufacturer this last month?
Potential future buyer would liketoknow.

#2199 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You say nobody is right or wrong here yet one approach will make the manufacturers fix the defective machines they are putting out and the other approach only lets them get away with selling defective machines. You can’t grasp this??

#2200 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So has anybody bought this game manufacturer this last month?

As far as I know they are still owned and run by the same people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.99
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-/page/44?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.