(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

87 days ago

Topic Stats

• 2,217 posts
  • 272 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Pinhead1982
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 217 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2217 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 45.
#1551 74 days ago

Wouldn’t a single metal plate that covers the entire sling area be the ideal solution? Won’t look as good, but will stop the pooling problems.

#1552 74 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

OMG you can't be serious... I'd rather have a chipped Godzilla made by JJP or Stern than have Spooky make Godzilla. And I'm being dead serious! I love Godzilla and I want a great themed game, at least that is what I'm hoping for... I don't see Spooky being up to that task. The best pinball theming company hands down is JJP, who would debate that. Stern is second for sure, after that hard to say because most of these other companies went out of business.
I have to hand it to Dutch they had my attention, they had some creative people in that group, what a shame. Chicago hasn't shown they can do an original game so they don't get a grade, although Monster Bash looked pretty awesome. I think American Pinball can get there... they have potential. Even this new Circus Carnival game is better themed than anything I've seen from Spooky. Hey that is my opinion and I'm sticking to that. Alice Cooper is a nice step but that artwork was for the most part provided to them by Alice Cooper. I have nothing against Spooky but they're not high on the theming chart not in my opinion.
I want to see JJP or Stern do Godzilla... no I'm going to take that back. I WANT TO SEE AMERICAN PINBALL DO GODZILLA because I want to see them license something and see what they can do! C'mon American you can do it!

No offense but you sound like you're passing judgment on pinball companies you seem to know little or nothing about or haven't even played their games.
Example: "although Monster Bash looked pretty awesome" would suggest you've never played it, "Even this new Circus Carnival game" You didn't even get the name right, its actually Cosmic Carnival. Lastly I can guarantee you have never played Alice Cooper or you wouldn't have passed judgment so easily.
I get where you're going with this, but you seem largely misinformed.
Go out and play those machines and report back.

#1553 74 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wouldn’t a single metal plate that covers the entire sling area be the ideal solution? Won’t look as good, but will stop the pooling problems.

the unknown is how will the playfield clearcoat react to the pressure of a plate fitted under the posts - the problem could then be transferred out.

#1554 74 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

the unknown is how will the playfield clearcoat react to the pressure of a plate fitted under the posts - the problem could then be transferred out.

My thoughts exactly. You might end up with a much, much bigger problem as a result.

#1555 73 days ago

I don't know how you listen to Jack's carefully worded statement and buy with any kind of confidence. Especially considering how they've responded to this issue so far. Are you going to send them pictures of a chipped playfield and they determine you need extra large washers for it?

#1556 73 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't know how you listen to Jack's carefully worded statement and buy with any kind of confidence. Especially considering how they've responded to this issue so far. Are you going to send them pictures of a chipped playfield and they determine you need extra large washers for it?

I think the party is over.
I wonder if any distributors will comment. Some may be stuck with large inventories.

#1557 73 days ago
Quoted from swinks:the unknown is how will the playfield clearcoat react to the pressure of a plate fitted under the posts - the problem could then be transferred out.

Hopefully it would give some rigidity and also disperse the pressure.

In any case, all these solutions aren’t addressing the real issue of faulty clear coat that hasn’t been an issue for 50 years.

#1558 73 days ago

Just listened to Kaneda’s podcast and it says it all. Applaud him for calling PF issues the way they really are with any company using poor clearcoat. As he has stated, there is a difference between rental mentality of an operator that doesn’t really care about beat up PF’s or the patron that puts a few dollars in to play on location. Patrons don’t mind if the PF is beat up, they don’t own it. Then there is us the new customer to the pinball world, the collector, we care immensely. This is what the old school people don’t understand or want to get. They think, just play pinball and have fun! Who really cares what your collection looks like at the end of the day, just have fun.

Here is his excellent podcast on the subject: https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-392-warranty-plagiarism

Those of us buying for our homes at these prices, don’t have fun seeing the small fortune we’ve spent become trashed up. That is the difference between those that understand this issue and those that don’t. I don’t like Stern’s policy statement either, which JJP plagiarized. If Stern ever stops replacing populated PF’s for those of us having issues, I will be done even buying their machines as well. Right now, Stern, CGC and Spooky are the only ones I trust will do the right thing for us collectors.

Chris said in the podcast, that he spoke with 1 distributor that originally had 175 Willy Wonka orders and so far 100 people have cancelled their Willy Wonka orders. That is just one distributor. Nearly $1 million in sales lost. Maybe all companies will take note of this. People speaking with their hard earned dollars, saying we aren’t going to take it anymore!

#1559 73 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Holy cow Richie Wrench you called it ... the World is watching. I just saw on the news that North Korea's leader is now making threats against JJP, and will test fire some rockets as a warning. Who knows what country will be the next as the WORLD IS WATCHING this situation. That is how crazy this thread has got... not just pinside is watching but the entire WORLD all 6 billion plus of you! lol. Does this line sound crazy to anyone?
I say again the World is watching, as a massive hurricane is about to slam into peoples homes, creating billions of dollars in damage and possible lives lost. Everyone be safe the World is watching and praying for you!!!

Okay...Not trying to be over the top and I just mean t there are those in the pinball community and that is pretty much a wide range of us around the world. I am just upset that I am afraid that there will be those that will be forced to pay for a playfield and will not be taken care of and some of these people I call friends.

I am not going to go on anymore on this issue and I will let my money speak my voice.

I hope they do the right thing...I am sorry for those effected and for those that feel that they will have to settle for what is given to them.

For me, I am out and I am looking to sell some of my collection and will let them go.

Yes for me I am done with this issue ...hope it works out is all I am trying to say.

Probably not a good time to start selling my JJP Collection....

#1560 73 days ago

I'm glad to see Jack's speech has put everybody's mind at ease on this matter.

#1561 73 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Who really cares what your collection looks like at the end of the day, just have fun.

if you buy your games to just be trophy queens... you're in the wrong hobby. The game intrinsically includes the idea of wear and tear. If you buy pinballs just to have perfect games.. you're going to hate the game.

#1562 73 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Just listened to Kaneda’s podcast and it says it all. Applaud him for calling PF issues the way they really are with any company using poor clearcoat. As he has stated, there is a difference between rental mentality of an operator that doesn’t really care about beat up PF’s or the patron that puts a few dollars in to play on location. Patrons don’t mind if the PF is beat up, they don’t own it. Then there is us the new customer to the pinball world, the collector, we care immensely. This is what the old school people don’t understand or want to get. They think, just play pinball and have fun! Who really cares what your collection looks like at the end of the day, just have fun.
Here is his excellent podcast on the subject: https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-392-warranty-plagiarism
Those of us buying for our homes at these prices, don’t have fun seeing the small fortune we’ve spent become trashed up. That is the difference between those that understand this issue and those that don’t. I don’t like Stern’s policy statement either, which JJP plagiarized. If Stern ever stops replacing populated PF’s for those of us having issues, I will be done even buying their machines as well. Right now, Stern, CGC and Spooky are the only ones I trust will do the right thing for us collectors.
Chris said in the podcast, that he spoke with 1 distributor that had 175 Willy Wonka orders and so far 100 have cancelled their Willy Wonka orders. That is just one distributor. Nearly $1 million in sales lost. Maybe all companies will take note of this. People speaking with their hard earned dollars, saying we aren’t going to take it anymore!

What collection Jerkwest?

#1563 73 days ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Okay...Not trying to be over the top and I just mean t there are those in the pinball community and that is pretty much a wide range of us around the world. I am just upset that I am afraid that there will be those that will be forced to pay for a playfield and will not be taken care of and some of these people I call friends.
I am not going to go on anymore on this issue and I will let my money speak my voice.
I hope they do the right thing...I am sorry for those effected and for those that feel that they will have to settle for what is given to them.
For me, I am out and I am looking to sell some of my collection and will let them go.
Yes for me I am done with this issue ...hope it works out is all I am trying to say.
Probably not a good time to start selling my JJP Collection....

Just chill and play your games man.

#1564 73 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

if you buy your games to just be trophy queens... you're in the wrong hobby. The game intrinsically includes the idea of wear and tear. If you buy pinballs just to have perfect games.. you're going to hate the game.

Just because someone buys a game and wants to keep it nice definitely DOES NOT mean that they are in the wrong hobby. These game SHOULD stay nice in a HUO environment. I am proud of my games and i keep them in pristine condition. A brand new game with a chipping playfield is not acceptable period.

#1565 73 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A brand new game with a chipping playfield is not acceptable period.

Certainly not at these silly prices.

#1566 73 days ago

Not sure why you’d give anyone $10K if they won’t stand behind it.

#1567 73 days ago

^Not sure why you’d give anyone $10K for a pinball machine

#1568 73 days ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Certainly not at these silly prices.

Exactly. These companies are charging premium prices for these games and i expect the quality to be on par with the price.

#1569 73 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Exactly. These companies are charging premium prices for these games and i expect the quality to be on par with the price.

You’re totally right: at $7,500.00 to $12,500.00 we should expect this and more. That’s the principles the original game WOZ was built upon and it sold for $6,500, just a couple of years ago.

#1570 73 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I will sleep good tonight.

#1571 73 days ago

I'm going to play the shit out of my Wonka SE and then I'll sleep good tonight.

#1572 73 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’re totally right: at $7,500.00 to $12,500.00 we should expect this and more. That’s the principles the original game WOZ was built upon and it sold for $6,500, just a couple of years ago.

That's false. WOZ sold for $6500 over 8 years ago when JJP was first formed and that was only if you preordered a game before March 1st, 2011. Also, JJP lost money on every single WOZ at that price.

#1573 73 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

WOZ sold for $6500 over 6 years ago and JJP lost money on every single one at that price.

Whose fault is that? Why didn't buyers offer all-around good-guy Jack an extra grand or two per machine to help him out?

#1574 73 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Who's fault is that? Why didn't buyers offer all-around good-guy Jack an extra grand or two per machine to help him out?

I never said it was anyone's fault. Theres a few people out there that still think new JJP games should cost $6500 as that was the price over 8 years ago. Ridiculous, and even more ridiculous considering JJP lost money on every game at that price. It's an old worn out argument.

#1575 73 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Why didn't buyers offer all-around good-guy Jack an extra grand or two per machine to help him out?

Perhaps because some of those that paid more later got their games first?

#1576 73 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps because some of those that paid more later got their games first?

Shhhhh. Jack would never do that. He coined the phrase "First to pay is first to play".

#1577 73 days ago

I think things were better when it was just Stern,they were putting out really intricate and fun games
Remember?

#1578 73 days ago

I kinda miss Williams and Bally myself. When they made really creative and fun games.

#1579 73 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just because someone buys a game and wants to keep it nice definitely DOES NOT mean that they are in the wrong hobby. These game SHOULD stay nice in a HUO environment. I am proud of my games and i keep them in pristine condition. A brand new game with a chipping playfield is not acceptable period.

Re read what I said and pay attention to the words used

#1580 73 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

These are the same “collectors” that think people shaking their machines is abuse... who won’t take games to shows because they are afraid of them being handled or being played... and put 20-30% of the games price into mods on their games to doll them up. Yet can’t fix a simple switch stack and think schematics are hieroglyphs.... and what to define the “worst thing that can possibly happen” to a game to be 1/8” cosmetic chips around posts. Get real.

It sucks your new toy is no longer flawless... but that is inevitable in pinball. We spend good time and money rebuilding them... because they get broken, they wear, and they fail. Such is the life of a pinball machine.

#1581 73 days ago
Quoted from Coindork:

No offense but you sound like you're passing judgment on pinball companies you seem to know little or nothing about or haven't even played their games.
Example: "although Monster Bash looked pretty awesome" would suggest you've never played it, "Even this new Circus Carnival game" You didn't even get the name right, its actually Cosmic Carnival. Lastly I can guarantee you have never played Alice Cooper or you wouldn't have passed judgment so easily.
I get where you're going with this, but you seem largely misinformed.
Go out and play those machines and report back.

So first off Coindork... you just did something a lot of people do on pinside which is ASSUME you know something when you don't. I own Monster Bash LE I was one of the first people to own it. See the picture below. Secondly, Carnival Circus or whatever that is called, has virtually nothing on the screen not sure why they have one honestly, but the detail of the game looks okay and in my opinion better than anything I've seen from Spooky. That is my opinion. Lastly, I've played Alice Cooper, and if you go back and see posts I've made in the past I've said its a step in the right direction for them, with that being said I didn't like the game for several reasons. 1) I do not like Alice Cooper music. 2) The paint job on the castle looks funny to me 3) When the ball goes into the castle you can't see the ball I played this game at Midwest Gaming Classic and I even had someone try and trade one to me for my Lord of the Rings. I said NO WAY! I do not like Spooky games because I don't like the artwork, or the theming.

I hope they do the right thing.

When Jack said in his podcast... CALL ME DIRECTLY what else needs to be said. One of the owners is telling you to call him. What else could you want? But you saying the WORLD IS WATCHING is taking this whole pinball thing over the top if it wasn't already over the top with the zillions of pictures of WHAT IF or WHAT MIGHT happen. Play the game!

Wonka is fun!

No hard feelings brother.

IMG_4824 (resized).jpgIMG_4830 (resized).jpgIMG_4832 (resized).jpgIMG_4833 (resized).jpg
#1582 73 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

LMAO!!!!

#1583 73 days ago

When Jack said in his podcast... CALL ME DIRECTLY what else needs to be said. One of the owners is telling you to call him. What else could you want? But you saying the WORLD IS WATCHING is taking this whole pinball thing over the top if it wasn't already over the top with the zillions of pictures of WHAT IF or WHAT MIGHT happen. Play the game!
Wonka is fun!
No hard feelings brother.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Which is EXACTLY what I did!!!!! Has the owner ever been in contact with me? NO!!!!

#1584 73 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

These are the same “collectors” that think people shaking their machines is abuse... who won’t take games to shows because they are afraid of them being handled or being played... and put 20-30% of the games price into mods on their games to doll them up. Yet can’t fix a simple switch stack and think schematics are hieroglyphs.... and what to define the “worst thing that can possibly happen” to a game to be 1/8” cosmetic chips around posts. Get real.
It sucks your new toy is no longer flawless... but that is inevitable in pinball. We spend good time and money rebuilding them... because they get broken, they wear, and they fail. Such is the life of a pinball machine.

I agree with what you are saying but these games here that we are talking about are coming out of the factory with defective playfields. I can accept them getting beat up a little over time but just not when they are new or barely played.

#1585 73 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

So first off Coindork... you just did something a lot of people do on pinside which is ASSUME you know something when you don't. I own Monster Bash LE I was one of the first people to own it. See the picture below. Secondly, Carnival Circus or whatever that is called, has virtually nothing on the screen not sure why they have one honestly, but the detail of the game looks okay and in my opinion better than anything I've seen from Spooky. That is my opinion. Lastly, I've played Alice Cooper, and if you go back and see posts I've made in the past I've said its a step in the right direction for them, with that being said I didn't like the game for several reasons. 1) I do not like Alice Cooper music. 2) The paint job on the castle looks funny to me 3) When the ball goes into the castle you can't see the ball I played this game at Midwest Gaming Classic and I even had someone try and trade one to me for my Lord of the Rings. I said NO WAY! I do not like Spooky games because I don't like the artwork, or the theming.

Wonka is fun!
No hard feelings brother.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

None taken....I truly think they will do the right thing to those effected. I think it will be a case by case situation and it's going to take time.

Lers give them all a chance and show that they will do it and continue to make great games and they will learn from this as a great company does.

I truly feel that JJP is a great company.

#1586 73 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Wonka is fun!

NOW THAT IS COOL....Nice games and noce set up

Maybe needs just a BIT of powder coating done...but that is cool and impressive. I love it

#1587 73 days ago

I truly think they will do the right thing to those effected. I think it will be a case by case situation and it's going to take time.
Lers give them all a chance and show that they will do it and continue to make great games and they will learn from this as a great company does.

Owners of POTC have given JJP a chance only to be turned down for getting their games fixed. They were insulted by JJP offering them a new playfield for 550 dollars when even a free playfield would not have been a satisfactory solution to their problem. They should have been sent populated playfields for their games and nothing less. JJP IS NOT a good company! They will not stand behind their games and i would never consider buying one. Their prices are way too high and their customer service sucks!

#1588 73 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Man I wouldn't try to minimize this calling it " cosmetic chipping"... this is BARE WOOD showing on PF's in the first month.
Ridiculous.
Look at my collection... yes I hunted around for the most flawless machines at the time but some are 25 years old with no chipping whatsoever. And no BARE WOOD exposed.

Not only doesn't the clear stay on for a month but even the art is gone. I almost feel sorry for these companies and they've killed the goose that laid the golden eggs. What better way to break people of their unneeded NIB addiction than letting them know they may be looking at bare wood right away. Yes I've said "bare wood" four times... rebuild *that* since you make it sound as easy as changing coil stops.

It's not the end of the world obviously but who would take such an expensive risk if they know anything at all about this issue?

These companies better hope the oft-repeated mantra "most buyers aren't on PS" is true. Right now I wouldn't take the chance of buying new even with YOUR money

#1589 73 days ago

None taken....I truly think they will do the right thing to those effected. I think it will be a case by case situation and it's going to take time.

Sorry Richie, JJP is not a great company. Great companies do not treat their patrons the way JJP does. They continued the POTC PF disaster knowingly with Willy Wonka. That is not the mark of a great company. They have not, nor will they replace with populated PFs and make all the POTC owners, nor the WW owners whole. Again, that is not a great company.

Wishful thinking will not make them turn around. Only by stop spending our hard earned money with them, will make them pause and rethink their strategy. Or go out of business, just like any company that will not take care of their customers. Would your plumbing company stay in business if you gave the nonsense disclaimer they are now giving to their customers??? This is not the mark of a great company. True, Stern gives this same statement, but they so far replace poor playfields at Sterns expense. When they stop doing that, we should all stop spending our hard earned dollars with them too.

#1590 73 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Wonka is fun!
Which is EXACTLY what I did!!!!! Has the owner ever been in contact with me? NO!!!!

Did you have questions about your Stern collection?

#1591 73 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sorry Richie, JJP is not a great company. Great companies do not treat their patrons the way JJP does. They continued the POTC PF disaster knowingly with Willy Wonka. That is not the mark of a great company. They have not, nor will they replace with populated PFs and make all the POTC owners, nor the WW owners whole. Again, that is not a great company.
Wishful thinking will not make them turn around. Only by stop spending our hard earned money with them, will make them pause and rethink their strategy. Or go out of business, just like any company that will not take care of their customers. Would your plumbing company stay in business if you gave the nonsense disclaimer they are now giving to their customers??? This is not the mark of a great company. True, Stern gives this same statement, but they so far replace poor playfields at Sterns expense. When they stop doing that, we should all stop spending our hard earned dollars with them too.

What games are you talking about when you say with your hard earned money?
I don't see that you have any games from anybody I'm starting to think your just
Stirring up shit !

#1592 73 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I really hoping that they will and take care of those ...but I agree a playfield at 550 that u have to pay for and then assemble is NOT a mark at a great company.

JJP was a great company and things have changed for the worst. I have been BOMBED with messages and I do see those affected by this issue. I am lucky that it has not happen to me, but indont like JJP approach on those that had to pay money.

You see, it's not the chipping....Its the approach from JJP. I did not want to say this, But I called Stern personally and Yes if you have an issue and can document it and show it ...YES they will replace with a populated playfield.

WHY CANNOT JJP DO THIS?????

I will voice my concerns here and to JJP personally and I will show it by the ultimate power that we all have by not buying anymore of their games .

so for those of you wondering if air was going back in on my Willy CE #12....NO...I am out still.

I will work with Joe on my next one ...but it will not be a JJP game.

Thanks everyone

#1593 73 days ago

"If you have a problem, call me directly. I will tell you that my reception is getting spotty and hang up"

#1594 73 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I kinda miss Williams and Bally myself. When they made really creative and fun games.

Kinda?

#1595 73 days ago

It seems to me that there are multiple issues at play here, first off, the clearcoat is not something we see on the market, it's especially formulated for Mirco. We don't know (at least conclusively) how different the formulation is, is it just because it's water based? Or is it how it's mixed to speed up production? The second thing is the digital printing, the art seems to come off with when the clear chips, there seems to be an adhesion problem, why? Is it because the ink is not attaching itself to the wood properly? Is it a prep issue? I think the robotic automation and the speed aspect of his production line may also play a role, I'm guessing here, but I think the first step to address this issue is to re-formulate the clear....or perhaps use a name brand product that's widely available.

PS: some good info regarding his production line......skip to 7:30 mark for the clearcoat comment.

#1596 73 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

There is no proof Stern provides populated playfields for all defective playfields. None. In fact, people in this thread - and many others over many years - have reported that Stern, in fact, said “yours doesn’t qualify for a replacement”.

I believe Stern provided the very first “clear chipping correction kit” to their customers - basically nail polish and a que-tip - NOT JJP.

Stern finally, after a good long wait, replaced a series of GB playfields after a tremendous uproar about their lack of attention and concern for the inferior product they were shipping out on the regular. Since then, their record is actually fairly spotty on playfield replacement, fully populated or not. Some get them, others don’t. The persistent squeaky wheel combined with a good distributor probably makes a difference. But there’s no way Stern ever just says “ok, you’re right, we’ll send one right out”. Oh, and on multiple occasions Stern has sent replacements that were borked. This is just a fact. Reported many times.

Your insistent, uninformed defense of Stern while assassinating the character of JJP is shameful. JJP could wait until the end of the year to determine how to fix this and they would be on par with Stern’s demonstrated timing of deciding on a strategy for resolving issues.

Stern has a lot of defective playfields in the market right now. Let’s see how many of their customers get satisfaction.

This is an industry wide problem. Spooky and AP appear to have overcome the issue. The rest have a lot to prove. I won’t buy NIB from anyone right now, and when buying used, my decision making process will include full playfield inspection. And that, justifiably, includes ALL Sterns.

#1597 73 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I have to agree unfortunately. How long can they continue to run the company this way? One screw up after another and they don’t seem to learn from past mistakes at all. Whoever is calling the shots over there is not doing a good job of it and that’s where a change needs to be made. There has never been any reason for anyone at JJP to do cartwheels.

#1598 73 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

"If you have a problem, call me directly. I will tell you that my reception is getting spotty and hang up"

When not overseas on a family vacation (in a spotty cell phone area), he seems to drive through many tunnels). Maybe on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, the Tunnel Highway/America's first Superhighway.....

#1599 73 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

When not overseas on a family vacation (in a spotty cell phone area), he seems to drive through many tunnels). Maybe on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, the Tunnel Highway/America's first Superhighway.....

Did he say he was on vacation or is this just an assumption? What country was he in during the podcast? I ask because I don’t know the answers.

#1600 73 days ago
Quoted from kvan99:

It seems to me that there are multiple issues at play here, first off, the clearcoat is not something we see on the market, it's especially formulated for Mirco. We don't know (at least conclusively) how different the formulation is, is it just because it's water based or is it how it's mixed to speed up production? The second thing is the digital printing, the art seems to come off with when the clear chips. There seems to be an adhesion problem, why? Is ink not attaching itself to the wood properly? Is it a prep issue? I think the robotic automation and the speed aspect of his production line may also play a role. I think the first step to address this issue is to re-formulate the clear....or perhaps use a name brand product that's widely available.
PS: some good info regarding his production line......skip to 7:30 mark for the clearcoat comment.

Thanks for posting this. He’s proud of his ever evolving, fully customized and proprietary mixture for his clear. I have no doubt that he’s developed a formula that he believes will be most resistant to a steel ball, but it also suggests that he may have overlooked other factors, like how it will interact with the wood and ink etc.

In his quest for better he’s messed up “good enough” IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 156.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 2217 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 45.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside