(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 45.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Okay so lets be clear, you posted in a manor that I felt was over the top. Last time I checked I can comment wherever I want to so unless the rules changed, I commented in a manor that lacked context I'll admit that I thought you were overreacting given that JJP hasn't had a chance to rectify the situation. You then decided, in order to prove some sort of point or whatever, to go and dig up a post of mine over something that actually affected gameplay at the time it happened to me (unless I'm missing something your friends issue does not affect gameplay) to mock me or whatever. The only way that happens is if you remember such a post or went digging either of which are juvenile at best so I commented accordingly.
Vitriol seems to be a bit of an over the top accusation but whatever... I have been clear that I think JJP hasn't handled any of this well going back to POTC but until your situation is given a chance to be addressed by them, I still don't see the purpose of this thread. That's my opinion of course and in no way does my opinion prevent you, or other members, from posting/creating whatever threads you chose. Think what you will, I admit my original post in this thread lacked any semblance of context and could be deemed as hostile but oh well, that's life...
Jeff

Could you post some pics of your CE w no PF issues? In truth, I have not seen one...hence my cancellation of WonkaCE awhile back...

#52 4 years ago

Zero issues w my AlienLE or WOZECLE pf's.....something has changed...

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Looks like the days of Jersey Jack getting a free pass for poor CQ are over. When he was a start up everyone gave him a free pass because he needed time to get up to speed. Well, plenty of time has gone buy and at $10K a pop for new machines now the free pass has expired. I recently serviced a friends HUO Dialed in with about 100 plays that had a ridiculous amount of assembly line issues that were inexcusable. I won't bore anyone with the details but at the $10K price level the consumer should not have to be a high level tech just to get his machine to work properly.

Agreed. Took me nearly 1 month to "dial in" my DILE (with some help from Pat Lawlor). Since this is a hobby for me (and I had some time), it wasn't that big a deal. The problem is, many folks aren't hobbyists and/or don't have the time to fiddle.

#54 4 years ago

LOL @ the guys saying "give JJP a chance at fixing the issue".
Wake up, time for school. They arent going to do jack shit about it. If they arent taking care of the pirate owners they arent gong to help Wonka owners in fear of pirate owners retaliation. Amd JJPs idea of service is to charge $550 for a new playfield that is literally plagued with the same problems (PROVEN ON POTC thread). Best way to handle JJP is to STOP BUYING their games until he gives Mirco the boot. Hit em in the wallet. This is my public sworn statement of which I truly hope I'm wrong . But someone please feel free to quote me in the future... I want to be famous too.

#55 4 years ago

Honestly, I had a little chip on my POTC but I was in the camp of eh, not a big deal. Now, on wonka, the same issue with clear bunching up. I really didn’t notice it until my brother in law pointed it out, because he has a Beatles pin with the same issue. Truthfully, If both JJP and stern (to whatever extent they use mircos PF) are having issues, then they need to address it quickly. Both companies are getting a substandard product from the supplier, and in turn are losing sales and people’s confidence in their products.

I read that people had messaged and called mirco with zero response, but manufacturers need to nip this in the bud ASAP. There’s zero excuse for us to pay as much as we do for these pins, only to have issues like this popping up. If I was JJP or stern, I would get with mirco and figure out what has changed, because this wasn’t a problem on any pin before the last year. They’ve obviously changed something in the playfield manufacturing process and some sort of explanation is definitely warranted.

The buck obviously stops at the manufacturers, but this is starting to be a relatively serious problem. Hopefully they start to hold mircos feet to the fire, because These issues weren’t present in the years before. Whatever it is, I hope they figure it out soon.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Should playfields chip? No. Should there be clear puddling? No. Are either fundamentally affecting the playability of any games? For the most part, no.

What’s playability got to do with it? I hate to be one of those people with the car analogies, but are you saying I shouldn’t be upset if my brand new C8 Corvette has peeling paint after a month or two, as long as I can still drive it to the grocery store?

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

What’s playability got to do with it? I hate to be one of those people with the car analogies, but are you saying I shouldn’t be upset if my brand new C8 Corvette has peeling paint after a month or two, as long as I can still drive it to the grocery store?

Ding ding ding ding ! Winner winner chicken dinner !!!

#58 4 years ago

Well, of course it matters as when you come to sell it and buyer sees this, they will knock $500 plus off the asking price.

Don't know what is going on but man, the clear seems so brittle.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've heard they do fill ins with Mirco, but never seen any proof, except that Stern has had the exact same clear bunching problems occasionally, too. Seen it on Iron Maiden and Beatles recently.

and Spooky on TNA.

I can probably put up with anything in pinball except the playfield being faulty, especially when for 30 years play fields have been fine...

Neil.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

and Spooky on TNA.
I can probably put up with anything in pinball except the playfield being faulty, especially when for 30 years play fields have been fine...
Neil.

Yeah, I've heard about it on TNA, but haven't seen it myself, so I left that one off.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I've heard about it on TNA, but haven't seen it myself, so I left that one off.

Spooky addressed the issue, found the issue, and no longer a problem for them. I think it was an issue on the mid late run games only.
I know my 151 had no issues. Absolutely no playfield issues that I know of reported on ACNC. My Alice playfield has no clear issues or chipping. So I do not think Spooky should be brought up in this thread. Buy with confidence from them.

#62 4 years ago

Now I bet others are chipping but haven’t realized yet.

#63 4 years ago

maybe set up a website with pictures of all mirco's playfields so people know what quality they are.

maybe cpr should make them

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Spooky addressed the issue, found the issue, and no longer a problem for them. I think it was an issue on the mid late run games only.
I know my 151 had no issues. Absolutely no playfield issues that I know of reported on ACNC. My Alice playfield has no clear issues or chipping. So I do not think Spooky should be brought up in this thread. Buy with confidence from them.

Likewise here, no issues on my TNA or AMH.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've heard they do fill ins with Mirco, but never seen any proof, except that Stern has had the exact same clear bunching problems occasionally, too. Seen it on Iron Maiden and Beatles recently.

And plenty of threads where they sent populated play fields out under warranty.

Same thing w ghosting inserts awhile back.

People buy the games from the manufacturer w a warranty, not a parts vendor. This is squarely on them to correct, not Micro, imho.

If another vendor has to be sourced for replacement parts, so be it.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

LOL @ the guys saying "give JJP a chance at fixing the issue".
Wake up, time for school. They arent going to do jack shit about it. If they arent taking care of the pirate owners they arent gong to help Wonka owners in fear of pirate owners retaliation. Amd JJPs idea of service is to charge $550 for a new playfield that is literally plagued with the same problems (PROVEN ON POTC thread). Best way to handle JJP is to STOP BUYING their games until he gives Mirco the boot. Hit em in the wallet. This is my public sworn statement of which I truly hope I'm wrong . But someone please feel free to quote me in the future... I want to be famous too.

Your not wrong.....your spot on....JJP isn't gonna do shit about any play field issues....I highly doubt JJP can afford any more production delays let alone a big financial hit they would take replacing all these play fields.

#67 4 years ago

There has to be a cure for this.

Quoted from rs812:

My buddy took delivery of a NIB Wonka LE just about a month ago. (Edit: born on date of 07/19/19) There is already significant chipping around the sling posts. Unbelievable!!! Here is a pic. The other side is the same on the corresponding post. He is going to report it to JJP first thing Monday. This is beyond ridiculous if all they offer is a discounted unpopulated pf.
I will get some more pics and update this post.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#68 4 years ago

I pulled my deposit for a CE wonka because of the potc chipping thread. I can't see dropping that kind of money on a pinball with poor support from the maker. This is a lot of money for a pinball and this is getting rediculous. I own a woz rr w/ rad cals and love it but am not sure I'd buy a nib from JJP ever again.

#69 4 years ago

I pulled my wonka ce deposit over the same thing. I have a pirates ce.

#70 4 years ago

I posted these in the other thread, but thought I would share them here...CE (12.5k)...
4760cefa9c11dfdcc602d830d1dfcc53fcad5b30 (resized).jpg4760cefa9c11dfdcc602d830d1dfcc53fcad5b30 (resized).jpgd0ec546f33d0638ea8ad91a0f501bdf55b1520a4 (resized).jpgd0ec546f33d0638ea8ad91a0f501bdf55b1520a4 (resized).jpg
20190810_113125 (resized).jpg20190810_113125 (resized).jpg

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I posted these in the other thread, but thought I would share them here...Wonka CE (12.5k)...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good grief...

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

you posted in a manor that I felt was over the top.

batman posts in a manor that is over the top as well.

waynemanor02 (resized).jpgwaynemanor02 (resized).jpg
#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I pulled my wonka ce deposit over the same thing. I have a pirates ce.

How is your Pirates CE PF (hesitate to ask)?

#74 4 years ago

If your getting chipping, keep an eye on your movable outlane post holes. They are getting torn up too.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

and Spooky on TNA.
Neil.

I think any manufacturer would be susceptible to defects. It's how they handle it ( or not) determines ultimate credibility

#76 4 years ago

I put neoprene washers under both my wonka and potc sling posts that I bought at Lowes and hand tightened the posts down. There wasn’t any damage before I did that, just for protective measure. So far so good. But man, it’s very disappointing to see some of these issues and I hope some response on the cause and a resolution will be coming. The silence just makes people madder.

#77 4 years ago

Has anyone seen Panzerfreak? He is usually in all of the JJP threads but i don't think ive seen him in this one. Is he still on Pinside?

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think any manufacturer would be susceptible to defects. It's how they handle it ( or not) determines ultimate credibility

JJP is offering to sell customers who have defective playfields a new unpopulated one at the great price of just $550.00 dollars I believe it is. No guarantee that it wont chip either of course. Its a win win situation for JJP.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed. When I was at ReplayFX this year I noticed that the JP Premium game had the same rippling clear issue around playfield posts.-especially around the slings. While this wasn't a production game it still appears to be something that plagues all manufacturers. I do think that Stern does a fantastic job in supporting their games and covering these kinds of issues which is why I wouldn't hesitate to order from them. I haven't bought a JJP game yet so I can't comment on their level of support.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from SyntheticDavid:

What kind of knob shining idiot expects his $10k pin to not peel in the first month?

Great post! Lmao. Only 13 in and already making a positive impression!

Were the posts in this game the ones with sharp edges that dig into the clear? That’s what the damage looks like. If so, shame on JJP for still using them (or was this only discovered recently?).

I was pretty deflated and pissed at Stern when their playfields were having so many issues and I am now at JJP. For the cost of these games, this is so lame. How did Stern fix their problem? Or did they?

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Great post! Lmao. Only 13 in and already making a positive impression!
Were the posts in this game the ones with sharp edges that dig into the clear? That’s what the damage looks like. If so, shame on JJP for still using them (or was this only discovered recently?).
I was pretty deflated and pissed at Stern when their playfields were having so many issues and I am now at JJP. For the cost of these games, this is so lame. How did Stern fix their problem? Or did they?

They will go as far as it takes...Numerous posts of populated pf replacements, new cabs, etc. sent under warranty. Sometimes it took some pushing, but they have always done this...

#82 4 years ago

Disappointed to hear they still have this issue after Pirates. I was looking forward to purchasing guns n roses but I'll wait until the playfield issues are solved.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Disappointed to hear they still have this issue after Pirates. I was looking forward to purchasing guns n roses but I'll wait until the playfield issues are solved.

Or you could also wait until GnR is even officially announced or in production.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

There has to be a cure for this.

I see what you did there.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Has anyone seen Panzerfreak? He is usually in all of the JJP threads but i don't think ive seen him in this one. Is he still on Pinside?

look on page 1

#86 4 years ago

I have the same rippling and chipping. I'll get some pics up soon. My wife's DSLR should do the trick.

#87 4 years ago

Update: my buddy contacted his distro. Distro said that JJP was “touchy” about pf issues lately.

So we shall see.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Update: my buddy contacted his distro. Distro said that JJP was “touchy” about pf issues lately.
So we shall see.

Customers are the ones who should be "touchy". JJP is digging their own grave with responses like that.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Distro said that JJP was “touchy” about pf issues lately.

I would advise them not too touchy it too much.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

look on page 1

Yeah i know. I was just busting his balls.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

So we shall see.

more like "tighty"

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Looks like the days of Jersey Jack getting a free pass for poor CQ are over. When he was a start up everyone gave him a free pass because he needed time to get up to speed. Well, plenty of time has gone buy and at $10K a pop for new machines now the free pass has expired. I recently serviced a friends HUO Dialed in with about 100 plays that had a ridiculous amount of assembly line issues that were inexcusable. I won't bore anyone with the details but at the $10K price level the consumer should not have to be a high level tech just to get his machine to work properly.

Are you hinting that JJP machines are possibly not "The best-built, highest-quality pinball machines" ever?

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Are you hinting that JJP machines are possibly not "The best-built, highest-quality pinball machines" ever?

Obviously not as long as they have trashy Mirco playfields in them. I'm really surprised JJP hasn't leaned on Mirco more heavily before this or just cut ties and worked something out with CGC or CPR. This is a serious threat to their business and it's gone on way too long.

#94 4 years ago

For 12.5k the playfield should be the best in the business.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

It is, because it has the most clear on it. That makes it better right?

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It is, because it has the most clear on it. That makes it better right?

No, it's the tears that give it that special shine.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Obviously not as long as they have trashy Mirco playfields in them. I'm really surprised JJP hasn't leaned on Mirco more heavily before this or just cut ties and worked something out with CGC or CPR. This is a serious threat to their business and it's gone on way too long.

I totally agree...the other problem is how they are dealing with these issues. Their basically radio silent (which pisses people off), and telling all existing customers with issues to pound salt....oh wait u can buy another flawed play field for $500....

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

As of this post, the $12.5K playfield doesn't even exist!

(too soon?)

5 months post game-release and not even a WHISPER of the CE details yet. Unreal.

#99 4 years ago

The troublesome thing for me from the conversations I’ve had with the folks over at JJP regarding my POTC issues is they give the impression that they don’t give a shit and we are the problem for calling them out on this.

They will never see another penny from me, I don’t give a shit what license they get or what they build.

Nothing but a 10k f’ing turd!

Rant over.....I feel better now lol!

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

So we shall see.

Odd response from your friends distro... The game is clearly defective. They can be touchy all they want so long as they rectify the situation which based on your post leads me to believe JJP may not do that...

I can say I'm not cancelling my Wonka CE deposit over this as I can only judge JJP by the experiences that I've had to date and my two JJP games are solid but it's pretty clear YMMV... hehe... Clear...

Jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 32.99
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-/page/2?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.