(Topic ID: 249691)

Wonka LE Sling Post Chipping in one month!!

By rs812

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190915_104054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104033 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_104014 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_103920 (resized).jpg
c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190928-160816_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20190912_153820 (resized).jpg
20190912_153804 (resized).jpg
20190912_153118 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-220637_Chrome (resized).jpg
starpost (resized).jpg
20190911_113947 (resized).jpg
outlane.jpg
20190717_151953 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 45.
#701 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Okay - But did I sound Calm?

Anytime someone writes in all caps it doesn't read as calm AT ALL.

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

But I am known for the CAPS sometimes -- I really do not know why I do that..lol

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

In Richies case caps equals passion, not anger.

#704 4 years ago

This picture really makes my day -- Because I really could see a few people out there doing this on their phones with this expression...LMAO.

c3e86f1baf6c662f0a5e3294854a50b01ac0107d.jpeg (resized).jpgc3e86f1baf6c662f0a5e3294854a50b01ac0107d.jpeg (resized).jpg
#705 4 years ago

Ok, if I'm reading this right the playfield problem seems to have occurred in 2018 starting with Pirates. So what about DI's mine doesn't seem to have this problem and it was a late build november 2018. They are still selling DI's and again I haven't heard of a playfield problem. Toss in the Woz YBR I haven't heard of a problem with those. I guess I'm wondering why it seems to be happening with Pirates and Wonka's and not the other titles being produced during this time.

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't it just a <$100 new motherboard/CPU combo?

I don't want ti hijack this thread, but to answer your question, you can get a used one on ebay for < $100 and hope it works and wasn't abused. A new one is > $100. Not to mention the fact that most pinball owners don't have any idea how to swap out a processor (I do, fortunately).

But the price is really not the point. I and other DI owners have already paid (like, A LOT) for a machine that would work with their very own code. But they don't work with the latest 3 patches (without major issues) and it's all due to their unwillingness to code the damn game to the hardware specs THEY selected. Instead, they chose to upgrade the hardware knowing full well that they were shitting on the customers that bought into this game when there wasn't a lot of support for it from the community. In return for those of us believing in this game earlier than most, they screwed us over.

Now back to the crappy playfields...

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

I don't want ti hijack this thread, but to answer your question, you can get a used one on ebay for &lt; $100 and hope it works and wasn't abused. A new one is &gt; $100. Not to mention the fact that most pinball owners don't have any idea how to swap out a processor (I do, fortunately).

What motherboard model/CPU combo is the one they're using now?

#708 4 years ago

I posted on my page that I started for the Collector Editions for Willy Wonka first
I AM OUT ON MY WILLY WONKA CE #12
For those of you that are wanting the #12 - I guess it will be available. I am taking a stance on this issue with the chipping playfields that or showing up on the POTC and now Willy Wonka (there might even be other as well). I have not had a chance to see the CE playfield and it might be amazing and all - But even if it is -- I am still out on my preorder.
I know we all have had fun with me being the #12 on the CE models and powder coating on the coin doors and me picking on Joe @ 3 AM and all. I am taking a stand on this issue on the chipping playfields. I understand that this has not happen to me and my games are fine and in good shape - But I have a serious problem with how this is all being handled.
So - Let me first say that I love Joe @ Pinstar and I would never do anything that would hurt him - He is a riot and puts up with my shit. He is my friend.
We got these chipping issues showing up on some of the Willy Wonka playfields and I am concern about how it is being handled by JJP with NO clear solution that is making the customer happy. I think a fair solution is a populated playfield. But that is not happening - Just giving out some washers does not fix the problem. Really the problem needs to be fixed back to the source and get this done before it blows up out of control. But, till it does - Any customer that is having a issue with chipping playfield needs to be taken care of and it needs to be done the right way.
We spend 12,500 for these games - A chipping playfied would make me PIST - I would take off work and drive that game down to the JJP factory and drop it off myself if that happened to me. But this is not about those that are paying more for a CE model. For me, I am lucky that I can do this - But I work extra long hours on weekends and nights to help pay for my hobby and boxing art collection. So, I am not different than those of you out there working from paycheck to paycheck. I work very long hours and put alot of time and passion in my plumbing company. So this is the same with Pinball - I have alot of passion for pinball and to see those around me not getting a fair solution and still upset about what is going on and having to just settle with what is going on with their game, or having to pay out $550.00 for a playfield that they should not even have to pay one penny for in my opinion.
Sorry - I can not do this and stand by and not take a stand - So Again,
I am out - WWCF Collectors Edition #12
JJP needs to do the right thing - I am not picking on any certain person @ JJP. But I am saying that JJP as a whole and as a company needs to do the right thing and till they do - I AM OUT. I am out on all games unless I work something out with Joe. I will still do business with Joe and I am hoping that this will be taken care of and if it does and I do not get #12 because I let it go - So be it. I will maybe get another number - Trust me @ 500 CE Models and with all this shit going on right now - They will be available. Heck, #1 might be available if this does not get taken care of soon.
I am not asking for a boycott - I am not trying to hurt anyone. I am just taking a stance and for me and I hope others will do the same to hopefully show JJP that we are all willing to give something up to do what it right.
JJP is a great company - But here as of late, they are not acting like one. They are making a big mistake. I am just one person, But I am my own person and I remember JJP from the early days and all I got to say is that if they will not take care of those having issues now - Who is to say that they will take care of me later. I dont care if a game cost $5,000 or $16,000.00 - The company that makes those games need to take care of the customers.
I hope this gets better soon, but till then - I AM OUT on WWCF CE #12 - I have sent my notice to Joe, but I am not asking for refund - I bought Mafia from Joe a couple months ago and might get something else and if not, I am hoping that this gets resolved and i will used it then towards a game.
Thanks to all and we do need to stand together.

And I thought I over-reacted over things... By all means, make a Mt Everest out of ant hill if you must but it's pretty comical and hysterical to see someone freak out over something that hasn't affected them. Yes yes everyone, flame me if you want but I can only go on what has actually affected me and I have absolutely zero reason to even question JJP or think that my WONKA CE will be anything less than absolute perfection. Now if the CE turns out to be an LE with a different color and some glitter than I'm out anyways simply over the absurd delay we've been experiencing...

I'm not saying any of this is okay or acceptable, I've been very clear on that. But, it hasn't happened to me so to me it's inappropriate and ridiculous to speculate on what would happen or what has happened to others based on what they chose to share in an online forum... Grab your pitch forks if you require, if it makes you feel better or whatever, but not me...

Jeff

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

And I thought I over-reacted over things... By all means, make a Mt Everest out of ant hill if you must but it's pretty comical and hysterical to see someone freak out over something that hasn't affected them. Yes yes everyone, flame me if you must but I can only go on what has actually affected me and I have absolutely zero reason to even question JJP or think that my WONKA CE will be anything less than absolute perfection. Now if the CE turns out to be an LE with a different color and some glitter than I'm out anyways simply over the absurd delay we've been experiencing...
I'm not saying any of this is okay or acceptable, I've been very clear on that. But, it hasn't happened to me so to me it's inappropriate and ridiculous to speculate on what would happen or what has happened to others based on what they chose to share in an online forum... Grab your pitch forks if you must, if it makes you feel better or whatever, but not me...
Jeff

You're missing the point completely. Look at how many POTC owners are affected by this problem, there are shitloads of them and JJP is not standing behind their games and making it right to their affected customers. Do you really think its no problem to gamble on a 12.5K game when so many people are having these problems?

These problems are real dude and JJP not standing behind the games is real also. You would have to be a complete f*cking moron to not be concerned about it. Stern is having many issues as well. Im the biggest Stern fanboy around and i want a JP so bad that i cant stand it but theres no f*cking way that I would buy one right now when person after person is posting pics of these shitty ass playfields.

Maybe you are ao rich that it doesn't matter but i cant gamble on a 12K game. I cant even gamble on a 5.5K game.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

And I thought I over-reacted over things... By all means, make a Mt Everest out of ant hill if you must but it's pretty comical and hysterical to see someone freak out over something that hasn't affected them. Yes yes everyone, flame me if you want but I can only go on what has actually affected me and I have absolutely zero reason to even question JJP or think that my WONKA CE will be anything less than absolute perfection. Now if the CE turns out to be an LE with a different color and some glitter than I'm out anyways simply over the absurd delay we've been experiencing...
I'm not saying any of this is okay or acceptable, I've been very clear on that. But, it hasn't happened to me so to me it's inappropriate and ridiculous to speculate on what would happen or what has happened to others based on what they chose to share in an online forum... Grab your pitch forks if you require, if it makes you feel better or whatever, but not me...
Jeff

Gladly flame someone that is so not caring about how others are being affected here by JJP. Yes, I now you’re one of the big JJP fanboys and if you’re okay, then why does anyone else complain? Wait buddy, your turn is coming from JJP...only an ostrich with his head in the sand, thinks WWCE will be absolute perfection or are you a JJP stockholder, not willing to see?

You sir are the type of person that really makes this world nasty, with zero compassion or care about your neighbor. They haven’t come yet for me yet...what are all these other people complaining about anyway? I’m not affected. Can you be anymore heartless and not caring??? Don’t think I’ve seen on pinside many others; in regards to a lack of care of other people suffering, after spending their hard earned money on a bag of hurt, than from you! Richie is the opposite of your type. I’m sure you think homeless people deserve it and would never donate to help them. Doesn’t affect you right?

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What motherboard model/CPU combo is the one they're using now?

MB: MSI H81M-P33
CPU: LGA 1150 socket, people are using 4th gen Pentium processors as replacements

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

MB: MSI H81M-P33
CPU: LGA 1150 socket, people are using 4th gen Pentium processors as replacements

I'm confused. Why wasn't this already in Dialed In? This is the motherboard they transitioned to on Hobbit, well before Dialed In. How do I know? Because I replaced a MSIH61M-P31/W8 in a WoZ with this exact motherboard to get past the 2 year old Linux kernel chipset lockup problem JJP hadn't fixed. I chose it specifically because it was in Hobbit and that's the direction JJP was going.

#713 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Gladly flame someone that is so not caring about how others are being affected here by JJP. Yes, I now you’re one of the big JJP fanboys and if you’re okay, then why does anyone else complain? Wait buddy, your turn is coming from JJP...only an ostrich with his head in the sand, thinks WWCE will be absolute perfection or are you a JJP stockholder, not willing to see?
You sir are the type of person that really makes this world nasty, with zero compassion or care about your neighbor. They haven’t come yet for me to go to the gas chamber...what are all these other people complaining about anyway? I’m not affected. Can you be anymore heartless and not caring??? Don’t think I’ve seen on pinside many others; in regards to a lack of care of other people suffering, after spending their hard earned money on a bag of hurt, than from you! Richie is the opposite of your type. I’m sure you think homeless people deserve it and would never donate to help them. Doesn’t affect you right?

Jeze - please don't reference gas chambers when talking about a paint chip on a $10,000 toy. Seems a little out of perspective

#714 4 years ago

Sadly I am out on my CE as well, such a shame. Honestly this is not just a problem for JJP, this is a problem for Stern as well. Spooky had this problem with TNA and it was solved. People need to ask Charlie. They were never quite clear on the solution but they DID state in the thread that the problem was solved and it affected a certain batch of games. Charlie, Spooky, what was it??? You did fix it! The games got better...please let us know how you fixed it. My TNA is mint! My biggest concern of all is not the manufacturers, it is the distributors. I love my distributor to the moon and back! I want this solved for the sake of them and there incredible support of pinball. This is a real threat to the industry! People need to email spooky and find out how they solved it!

#715 4 years ago

I would also like to add that my Beatles has the wrinkling, my black knight Le has the wrinkling, my iron maiden has the wrinkling....YET my POTC CE is Mint. In my collection it is only Stern machines that have the problem!

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

I would also like to add that my Beatles has the wrinkling, my black knight Le has the wrinkling, my iron maiden has the wrinkling....YET my POTC CE is Mint. In my collection it is only Stern machines that have the problem!

Supposedly the CEs got extra UV cure time. Maybe that's the difference? Unclear at this point...it's all rumors.

#717 4 years ago

Pics....

1327DD7D-5A6F-472E-90C7-4D489B86D625 (resized).jpeg1327DD7D-5A6F-472E-90C7-4D489B86D625 (resized).jpeg3B97BF42-8FE5-49F6-8C70-E20DAEC4304F (resized).jpeg3B97BF42-8FE5-49F6-8C70-E20DAEC4304F (resized).jpeg3D73A826-1650-409A-8B63-717EB88452E7 (resized).jpeg3D73A826-1650-409A-8B63-717EB88452E7 (resized).jpegC42EAF65-6110-4B54-89FF-BFEDA9DC1CED (resized).jpegC42EAF65-6110-4B54-89FF-BFEDA9DC1CED (resized).jpegD4CBBE2F-41AA-46D8-9A1C-EA33D39C61C1 (resized).jpegD4CBBE2F-41AA-46D8-9A1C-EA33D39C61C1 (resized).jpegF6D13D96-F5CC-4D0F-A94F-00C57D209B7A (resized).jpegF6D13D96-F5CC-4D0F-A94F-00C57D209B7A (resized).jpeg
#718 4 years ago

Mint POTC CE

CEA0D686-9A59-47A9-A826-B939D83AD6CA (resized).jpegCEA0D686-9A59-47A9-A826-B939D83AD6CA (resized).jpeg307346ED-E7CF-47E1-A29D-14E3B73C04E3 (resized).jpeg307346ED-E7CF-47E1-A29D-14E3B73C04E3 (resized).jpeg
#719 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

These serious issues, node boards, cab splitting, and now liquid pf’s, affect everyone in our small community. I am disheartened by the frustration someone feels after buying an expensive luxury item, as it’s not about status, money or perceived superiority, but about paying top dollar and watching it’s quality evaporate within a short time.

I’m no ‘everyone united’ type, just hate seeing my community brothers and sisters angry over a mishandled and fixable situation.

I try to make jokes to lighten the mood. https://captiongenerator.com/1494662/Hitler-Reacts-to-Pinball-Makers

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

My biggest concern of all is not the manufacturers, it is the distributors. I love my distributor to the moon and back! I want this solved for the sake of them and there incredible support of pinball.

Your distributor sounds awesome. Who do you buy from?

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

Pics of the sling posts around your POTC CE please......

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

Jeff you are so wrong - and trust me I have thought real hard on this - I am one of JJP biggest fans and I have been there from the start when NO ONE even knew my name and I would bitch and moan and cry over little things like powder coatings and the quality control issues and I even remember when I bought both Hobbit and Smaug at the same time and both of those games came to me with some really bad quality issues. I work around JJP so that we both meet in the middle and both parties could live with the results.

My games as well are having NO ISSUES and from what I see are perfect with no issues on the playfield. But, What if something was to go wrong with Willy Wonka CE #12 - Should I live it and settle. R U saying that you would not make any issues if your CE came to you and started to chip away 1 to 3 months later. Are you okay with that? - If so - Hey, More power to you.

Also think about it - If your game did do that - Then you will have to fight it out with your distributor on getting it settle and not JJP because JJP is not taking the proper steps to make this right. Just because it has not happen to you, does not mean that it will not happen to you. This is not just one or two people complaining -- Trust me, It took a few days of research to get me to make my choice to opt out on my CE #12.

My stand is with those that have had issues on their games and with a company that knows better and can make it right to those affected. It really is a simple solution.

1. Research the problem and solve it now before it gets even bigger
2. Those that have been affected - Take care of them - I think that those that have been having issues should get a populated playfield and one where the solutions has been addressed to those new playfields. But maybe there is another solutions, but not a washer and to simply ignore some of these customers and not get back to them on what they are going to do or not do - IS JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE.....Opps -- Sorry, I am suppose to remain calm.

So - I appreciate your comments because it gave me time away from me doing my plumbing office work, So I do appreciate that -- Because I really needed a break away from invoicing.

But for me -- I am taking a stand and I don't care if I get a Wonka CE, If those around me having issues and I will not support a company that does not support its customers and as of now that is what is going on - But, I am hopeful and I think JJP will step up to the plate and make it right.

But till then.....

RICHIE WRENCH IS OUT - THAT IS ALOT TO SAY FOR ME TO BE OUT ON A JJP GAME.

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

but it's pretty comical and hysterical to see someone freak out over something that hasn't affected them. Yes yes everyone, flame me if you want but I can only go on what has actually affected me and I have absolutely zero reason to even question JJP or think that my WONKA CE will be anything less than absolute perfection.

I think you’re really missing the point here. Even though it hasn’t affected them, buyers are cancelling their orders because JJP have proven they won’t look after their customers if something does happen.

If you feel confident they will look after you for whatever reason, then good for you. But based on how they’re handling the issues up to date, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to hold off on an order until they come out with a clear statement on how they intend addressing games that have issues and how they plan on fixing it going forward.

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Mint POTC CE[quoted image][quoted image]

love to see under those huge washers, or after the game has had a few hundred plays on it

#725 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Posted below my other pics

#726 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

There are a good number of Pirates that never had this issue, below is my LE after I put mylar squares down as a precaution. Maybe some playfields cured more then others. I wonder if indoor humidity levels can affect curing as well once a game is setup? My game is in a room that is always at 45% humidity due to a dehumidifier running. Just a guess which is all we can do right now. No one should have to the play the playfield quality lottery at today's prices.

Pirates (resized).jpgPirates (resized).jpg

#727 4 years ago

The answer to all the problems lies with Spooky pinball! They had the problem and fixed it. If a boutique pinball company can do it and stay afloat, I’m sure JJP and stern will be okay......once again, ASK SPOOKY.

#728 4 years ago

Jeff you are so wrong - and trust me I have thought real hard on this - I am one of JJP biggest fans and I have been there from the start when NO ONE even knew my name and I would bitch and moan and cry over little things like powder coatings and the quality control issues and I even remember when I bought both Hobbit and Smaug at the same time and both of those games came to me with some really bad quality issues. I work around JJP so that we both meet in the middle and both parties could live with the results.
My games as well are having NO ISSUES and from what I see are perfect with no issues on the playfield. But, What if something was to go wrong with Willy Wonka CE #12 - Should I live it and settle. R U saying that you would not make any issues if your CE came to you and started to chip away 1 to 3 months later. Are you okay with that? - If so - Hey, More power to you.
Also think about it - If your game did do that - Then you will have to fight it out with your distributor on getting it settle and not JJP because JJP is not taking the proper steps to make this right. Just because it has not happen to you, does not mean that it will not happen to you. This is not just one or two people complaining -- Trust me, It took a few days of research to get me to make my choice to opt out on my CE #12.
My stand is with those that have had issues on their games and with a company that knows better and can make it right to those affected. It really is a simple solution.
1. Research the problem and solve it now before it gets even bigger
2. Those that have been affected - Take care of them - I think that those that have been having issues should get a populated playfield and one where the solutions has been addressed to those new playfields. But maybe there is another solutions, but not a washer and to simply ignore some of these customers and not get back to them on what they are going to do or not do - IS JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE.....Opps -- Sorry, I am suppose to remain calm.
So - I appreciate your comments because it gave me time away from me doing my plumbing office work, So I do appreciate that -- Because I really needed a break away from invoicing.
But for me -- I am taking a stand and I don't care if I get a Wonka CE, If those around me having issues and I will not support a company that does not support its customers and as of now that is what is going on - But, I am hopeful and I think JJP will step up to the plate and make it right.
But till then.....
RICHIE WRENCH IS OUT - THAT IS ALOT TO SAY FOR ME TO BE OUT ON A JJP GAME.

Ohh...By the way, I did try to stay calm in the last post - got a little excited - Sorry again.

#729 4 years ago

If you were Spooky, would you tell?

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

love to see under those huge washers, or after the game has had a few hundred plays on it

My POTC CE has a ton of plays....no problems at all. Please remember that the vast majority of owners have not had problems. The ones that do, post about it. I own every JJP game and can attest to the fact that they all have perfect playfields and no issues whatsoever. I also believe that most people (other than the ones sending photos on here) have had no problems either. I just think that the manufacturers need to speak up about this problem as gambling thousands of dollars is not a fun thing to do.

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from captjoeb:

If you were Spooky, would you tell?

Absolutely I would! This actually gives them a competitive advantage. They should be proud.

Actually as a collector, Alice Cooper is looking pretty damn attractive in a time like this.

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There are a good number of Pirates that never had this issue

There are many, many, many that do have the issues, as talked about endlessly in the threads that are not being replaced but sent washers to temporarily hide the mess.

There was no bigger JJP fan than me, and after massive support from Eric and effort on my part, my ECLE is electronically stable. It still has a beautiful playfield, and will keep it until my entire lineup is sold at some point down the road.

It is, however, the last JJP I will ever buy. Had so wanted a Pirates and Wonka.. Out of this thread, and admire those that are speaking out with their wallets.................

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

There are many, many, many that do have the issues, as talked about endlessly in the threads that are not being replaced but sent washers to temporarily hide the mess.
There was no bigger JJP fan than me, and after massive support from Eric and effort on my part, my ECLE is electronically stable. It still has a beautiful playfield, and will keep it until my entire lineup is sold at some point down the road.
It is, however, the last JJP I will ever buy. Had so wanted a Pirates and Wonka.. Out of this thread, and admire those that are speaking out with their wallets.................

Is there though? Has anybody counted? Let’s start on page one and do an honest count of the known machines with problems. The low number might surprise you.....Don’t get me wrong, I completely empathize with those that have issues. I myself am waiting to hear from the manufacturers before I go through with my purchase... But I just suggest before throwing the baby out with the bath water has anyone actually counted?

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

My POTC CE has a ton of plays....no problems at all. Please remember that the vast majority of owners have not had problems. The ones that do, post about it. I own every JJP game and can attest to the fact that they all have perfect playfields and no issues whatsoever. I also believe that most people (other than the ones sending photos on here) have had no problems either. I just think that the manufacturers need to speak up about this problem as gambling thousands of dollars is not a fun thing to do.

From all the posts here on pinside about POTC PF issues, I don’t believe your assertion for one second that vast majority have not had problems. Don’t know one owner, except you (I too would like to see under your PF washers) that hasn’t had issues.

(Is this one of the new JJP owners under the name of CGPinhead writing this baloney???)

Another non caring, “I don’t have any issues, so why are you complaining, as it does’t affect me...”. If it happened to one owner at $12,500.00 they have a right to having their money back or a repopulated new playfield. You’re okay with just some having issues, as long as it’s not you. What a shill for JJP.

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

From all the posts here on pinside about POTC PF issues, I don’t believe your assertion for one second that vast majority have not had problems. Don’t know one owner, except you (I too would like to see under your PF washers) that hasn’t had issues.
(Is this one of the new JJP owners under the name of CGPinhead writing this baloney???)

I don’t need to address your conspiracy theories, but let’s say JJP sold 1000 machines. Let’s also say that 50 have this issue...that is a low deficiency rate. In manufacturing that’s not a terrible number.

The reason I am suggesting a count is that facts and numbers give much more accurate information.

Also, I would like to add that “50” is a very high estimate....again, count the complaints...

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

I don’t need to address your conspiracy theories, but let’s say JJP sold 1000 machines. Let’s also say that 50 have this issue...that is a .05% deficiency rate. In manufacturing that’s not a terrible number.
The reason I am suggesting a count is that facts and numbers give much more accurate information.

So you just want to assume that all of their customers are active on Pinside and the ones with issues have all posted in these threads? This is your way of getting an accurate number?

#737 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

I don’t need to address your conspiracy theories, but let’s say JJP sold 1000 machines. Let’s also say that 50 have this issue...that is a .05% deficiency rate. In manufacturing that’s not a terrible number.

Trying to blow off my comments by calling them conspiracy??? Pretty low my friend, pretty low.

Unless you can count all the affected people that are not on pinside what does it matter? If just one automobile has a paint issue, any auto maker stands behind it with a repainted car or your money back period. There is no tolerance at JJP prices to say only a few is okay. That is not the case with POTC and WW, even though as a fanboy, you’re trying hard to defend a sinking ship.

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Trying to blow off my comments by calling them conspiracy??? Pretty low my friend, pretty low.
Unless you can count all the affected people that are not on pinside what does it matter? If just one automobile has a paint issue, any auto maker stands behind it with a repainted car or your money back period. There is no tolerance at JJP prices to say only a few is okay. That is not the case with POTC and WW, even though as a fanboy, you’re trying hard to defend a sinking ship.

Wow....fan boy? My collection says differently...once again, numbers and facts over emotion and speculation. I hope you find happiness my friend

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

My POTC has one post with a half circle of bubbling, but otherwise good. My wonka has 3-4 of the sling posts bubbled, which obviously is unacceptable. It’s definitely worse on some more than others.

I gotta say though, jimwe5t using holocaust references is pathetic and disgusting. It’s par for the course to see him running to every thread to make sure everyone knows what a rage boner he has for JJP...but when the outright lies and exaggerations aren’t enough, he drops the holocaust comparison. How pathetic.

It’s the same thing when stern has a problem, some insane JJP defenders go and troll their thread and vice versa. Truthfully, both extremes are clearly crazy, But luckily there’s a lot of levelheaded commentary with good info to be gleaned from. Hopefully the one good thing that comes from all this is that manufacturers across the board realize this is a problem, and go back to making the quality product we all expect. Everyone of them has done it right in the past, so there’s no reason to believe they can’t get it back that way moving forward.

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So you just want to assume that all of their customers are active on Pinside and the ones with issues have all posted in these threads? This is your way of getting an accurate number?

It is definitely a starting point.

#741 4 years ago

If I take your calloused attitude toward those that have PF issues, I have happiness. My JJP machines don’t have any serious PF issues, (even though I’ve had plenty mechanical issues). Hoods been up almost as much as down at times fixing issues. No I didn’t pester my poor distributor over them either, just fixed them myself. But have a hard time seeing all my friends and people here with so many JJP issues suffering.

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

I don’t need to address your conspiracy theories, but let’s say JJP sold 1000 machines. Let’s also say that 50 have this issue...that is a low deficiency rate. In manufacturing that’s not a terrible number.
Also, I would like to add that “50” is a very high estimate....again, count the complaints...

I acttally agree with you on the numbers - I don't think it is as high, But there are issues with some and the company is not taking care of them - I hope it is low number, I dont care if it was just two - Take care of those two and move on....Lets hope that JJP does the right thing.

#743 4 years ago

I acttally agree with you on the numbers - I don't think it is as high, But there are issues with some and the company is not taking care of them - I hope it is low number, I dont care if it was just two - Take care of those two and move on....Lets hope that JJP does the right thing.

I agree Richie! Maybe JJP should let people know those numbers. It might resume people’s confidence.

#744 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

It is definitely a starting point.

No sense in having a starting point if you can’t finish it. It’s enough of an issue regardless and the exact number shouldn't matter. Time for JJP’s investors to empty out their pocket change and offer a proper solution for those with issues and ensure that it doesn’t continue to happen. Everything else about Charlie at Spooky holding the key and figuring out inaccurate percentages is complete nonsense.

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

My POTC has one post with a half circle of bubbling, but otherwise good. My wonka has 3-4 of the sling posts bubbled, which obviously is unacceptable. It’s definitely worse on some more than others.
I gotta say though, jimwe5t using holocaust references is pathetic and disgusting. It’s par for the course to see him running to every thread to make sure everyone knows what a rage boner he has for JJP...but when the outright lies and exaggerations aren’t enough, he drops the holocaust comparison. How pathetic.
It’s the same thing when stern has a problem, some insane JJP defenders go and troll their thread and vice versa. Truthfully, both extremes are clearly crazy, But luckily there’s a lot of levelheaded commentary with good info to be gleaned from. Hopefully the one good thing that comes from all this is that manufacturers across the board realize this is a problem, and go back to making the quality product we all expect. Everyone of them has done it right in the past, so there’s no reason to believe they can’t get it back that way moving forward.

I’ve avoided making any comment to your constant nonsense and sexual harassment till now. Your constant bullying and filthy mouth and trying to bring holocaust reference to this is what is low. I’ve purchased JJP machines, so I’m not a hater like you constantly suggest. Name the lies pal?

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

I agree Richie! Maybe JJP should let people know those numbers. It might resume people’s confidence.

Do you really think that they would tell you the truth? Hell no they wouldn't.

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Dude, look at your post history...Literally 95% of them trashing JJP. For someone that doesn’t like them you sure spend a lot of time posting about them. Never mind the holocaust comparisons, but claiming people are creating accounts to come defend their manufacturer of choice? Haha project much? Honestly, I feel bad for guys like you....literally nothing better to do than post endless screeds attacking a business. It’s pathetic when people do it to stern, and pathetic when people do it to JJP. Oof, I couldn’t imagine such a sad existence. Best of luck on your mission to set the pinball world straight.

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Dude, look at your post history...Literally 95% of them trashing JJP. For someone that doesn’t like them you sure spend a lot of time posting about them. Never mind the holocaust comparisons, but claiming people are creating accounts to come defend their manufacturer of choice? Haha project much? Honestly, I feel bad for guys like you....literally nothing better to do than post endless screeds attacking a business. It’s pathetic when people do it to stern, and pathetic when people do it to JJP. Oof, I couldn’t imagine such a sad existence. Best of luck on your mission to set the pinball world straight.

Here you go again attempting to bully and attacking me when ever you come here to post. You’re the pathetic one and it never stops from you. I hope you find happiness in your very poor treatment toward me. Is this the only way you can defend JJP’s poor business practices toward us their customers? Constantly attacking a customer that is asking for JJP to take care of us buyers?

#749 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Here you go again attempting to bully and attacking me when ever you come here to post. You’re the pathetic one and it never stops from you. I hope you find happiness in your very poor treatment toward me.

Oh would you give it a rest... Literally all you do here is shit on JJP. Just like I asked you in the other thread, where on the doll did JJP touch you..??? The act is old and tired and for the love of... Give it a rest... Oh and avoid holocaust references as well... Pathetic someone has to actually tell you that...

Jeff

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I’ve avoided making any comment to your constant nonsense and sexual harassment till now. Your filthy mouth and trying to bring holocaust reference to this is what is low. Name the lies pal?

You posted the holocaust reference you dunce. Sexual harassment? I gotta see this...show me where I “sexually harassed” you...

You clearly aren’t playing with a full deck, are you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.99
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 64.00
$ 91.00
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-le-sling-post-chipping-/page/15?hl=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.