(Topic ID: 280150)

Wonka - Is it missing bass notes in the sound?

By Fordiesel69

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinWoofer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3E8FF894-59BC-49EA-81B0-E6920F108444 (resized).jpeg
D48150B8-6C15-42C3-9977-547EF11C4105 (resized).jpeg
controls pic (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinWoofer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I've tried many things.. there Just isnt alot of lower frequency content in the game... not s big deal as its just how it is and di and Wonka are still my all time favorite pins.

Quoted from RellikJM:

While level adjustments are available I was surprised to find out that there is no bass & treble level adjustment. It seems it would be easy to implement in the software. I hope JJP will add bass & treble adjustments in future software updates.

Agree on the stock audio; its thin and lacks presence but there is actually some wonderful bass content in the track itself. However, it goes unrealized due to the lack of amplification provided by the system.

One of the goals of our new GT amplifier was to add tone controls (bass/cut/treble) not only for the 90's and 00's titles, but also for the JJP's. I did a write-up detailing my take on JJP's setup and what we offer if you are interested in reading about it:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-audio-overview/

Here is where we advise running Wonka with the PinWoofer GT system (depending on volume, I like to change up the Bass Freq / cutoff as pictured):

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-pinball-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-amplifier-settings/

Thanks

controls pic (resized).jpgcontrols pic (resized).jpg
3 months later
#28 3 years ago
Quoted from dergroover:

Recently I installed the Pinwoofer-System to Willy Wonka. It's much better now. I left the original speakers in and they sound really well in combination with Pinwoofer.
Not really cheap but worth the money (so far I used an external sub under each of my pinball machines; but Pinwoofer is much better in regard of full sound improvement - not only bass)
There are now a lot of adjustments possible; finding the right combination/setting of the SW-adjustments and Pinwoofer needs some time (I am still trying out to find the perfect settings).
But to be honest: the wow-effect on EHOH and IMDN is much bigger. But love it on WW as well.
Recommendation from my side given.

Great to see some feedback dergroover ! The Wonka track is eclectic having wonderfully mastered orchestral passages, combined with low quality 1970's Gene Wilder sound bites from the movie. The expander board electronics were a real challenge because of this but the outcome is the improvement in the mids that you are now hearing. There's no denying that the PinWoofer system is in play the moment you plunge the ball - I'm sure you know what I'm talking about!

Below are the recommended settings for the menu and the PinWoofer amp - I think this will be helpful dergroover :

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-pinball-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-amplifier-settings/

Thank you!

-Dan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 32.99
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinWoofer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-is-it-missing-bass-notes-in-the-sound?tu=PinWoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.