Wonka black screen after update - help!

By badbilly27

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Followed all the instructions (own WOZ and Hobbit) update was successful and informed me to restart the game. On restart jersey jack logo comes up and then fade to black - nothing else but black.

Help appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

I'd try again. If you downloaded from USA Mirror, try the EU Mirror. USB 2, 8GB to 16GB.

If this is a delta update, be sure you have the correct full install in, not a lower number one.

Splash screen is the motherboard booting up, not seeing the hard drive/update.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply Lloyd.

I don't think I can try again right now. The JJP logo comes up and then goes away to a black screen. I hear the audio click off and the computer click off and just a blank monitor.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

The JJP logo comes up and then goes away to a black screen.

Start over. Full install.

#5 4 years ago

I can't even get into the menu. So how do I do a full reinstall?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Read the full install directions. Carefully. Not delta instructions.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Put a full update on usb stick version 1.06...... install it at port and turn machine on

#8 4 years ago

LTG & big thank you. Full factory install worked. Then delta update downloaded again and worked this time. Appreciated.

3 years later
#9 1 year ago

Thread revival. I experienced similar issues with my WOZ.
I performed the full update instructions
1. Download the ISO file
2. Download the Rufus installation file, Double click on the installation file in your Downloads folder, Click Yes to allow the app to make changes to your device, Click Yes to allow Rufus to check for application updates online
Stick formatted in FAT32

Selected previously downloaded ISO file, verified the MD5 checksum with the change-log

I received the download required message, clicked yes

Received a download failure message.

Has anyone else followed all of the full install instructions and still experienced a download failure? If so what would be the fix? Thx

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

If so what would be the fix?

More of things to try. Hard to say what went wrong.

USB stick 8GB to 16GB. If you downloaded from the USA Mirror, try the EU Mirror.

#11 1 year ago

Lloyd,

I hope all is well and thx. I'm attempting again on a different PC. The flash drive is a 16GB Fat 32 format. If that doesn't work I'll attempt the EU mirror as you suggested thx

#12 1 year ago

The alternate PC worked and I'm back up and running, instructions worked per site. thx!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-black-screen-after-update-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.