Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WWF_HS.JPG
Gym.JPG
image.jpg
WWF2.jpg
WWF_Ball_View_4.jpg
#1 11 years ago

So I won a WWF on eBay today and hope to pick it up next Saturday. I've been trying to go ahead and pay for it with paypal (seller says he'd like the money now if possible) but I can't get eBay/paypal to remove the shipping charges ($400). It's 200 miles from me... so there is no need to pay for shipping.

I know what you're thinking... why don't you just go get it in the morning?

Well, I wasn't planning on this and I'm away from home at the moment (in a direction opposite of the machine).

So does anyone know how to pay an amount on paypal other than what eBay is mandating but still have the payment attached to the eBay auction?

I'm not sure if that is making sense how I wrote it. I hope somebody gets what I'm asking. Thanks!

This is what the auction said:

Hulk Hogan WWF at his finest. Great playing game. Multi ball and more extra special effects and with audio enhancements..

A must game for the silver ball crowd. Playfield and graphics an 8 out of 10. No problems plays 100%. This game is from my personal collection. Look at the pics. I am downsizing - now on medicare and moving to back to Hawaii.

I can and will help with the shipping not complicated at all. Buyer pays for the shipping will use NAVL for best result. Pay with Paypal, Credit Card, or Check. Check must clear before item is shipped. Local can pay with cash. Buyer only pays what the shipping costs no add ons. There are no shipping or handling fees if you pick up locally. Must be paid in full 12 hours the end of the auction

Feel free to message me with any questions.

#2 11 years ago

Contact the seller and have him send you an invoice without shipping charges.

#3 11 years ago

i might be wrong but maybe the seller can invoice you through ebay just for the pin without a delivery fee then you could pay

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Contact the seller and have him send you an invoice without shipping charges.

I did that but I haven't heard back yet. I have a really big weekend planned and wanted to take care of this as soon as I could (before I forget).

#5 11 years ago

Congrats on WWF! I grabbed mine for a great price and don't see it leaving any time soon. It is a terrific bang-for-the-buck pin. Good luck on the pick up!

#6 11 years ago

Thanks! Winning bid (mine) was $1,075 plus a 200 mile drive each way. I'm very happy with the price and hope the pin is as described.

Oddly, my tenured pinball friends think I overpaid. I'm not sure how cheap machines are supposed to be... I have been looking for WWF for about six months... cheapest I saw was on here at $1,500. $1,600 seemed to be the most common price point.

I may sell T2 or BR. Or try to trade both games for a higher dollar game like LOTR.. don't know if I'd have takers on that one.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Thanks! Winning bid (mine) was $1,075 plus a 200 mile drive each way. I'm very happy with the price and hope the pin is as described.
Oddly, my tenured pinball friends think I overpaid. I'm not sure how cheap machines are supposed to be... I have been looking for WWF for about six months... cheapest I saw was on here at $1,500. $1,600 seemed to be the most common price point.
I may sell T2 or BR. Or try to trade both games for a higher dollar game like LOTR.. don't know if I'd have takers on that one.

You did fine pricewise. I made a comment in another thread that average WWFs routinely sell for 900-1200 and I was chastised by a newer collector that my data doesn't exist. If you look at the Ebay sales history on this game, the pricepoint is spot on with that statement. Pinside has a lot of newer collectors (not just newer collectors, but definitely quite a few of them) that will pay more (or far more) for a game than collectors that have been in this for a longer period of time. If you are looking for "a deal", often Pinside is not the avenue for that.

The market really isn't that different than it was 3 years ago. There are a handful of games that have skyrocketed, a few that increased a few hundred, and the rest have either stayed steady or even dropped.

Not trying to slam you (truly), but 6 months is not that long of a time to look for a pin. As you see, waiting got you exactly what you wanted, and it is awesome that you were able to get a fun pin at a good price.

Enjoy your game...WWF is really fun, and has quite a bit going on.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

That is a very fair price. I got mine for only a little less than that. About over-paying, I would be safe in saying that ANY DMD-era game that you get for around a grand is a great deal. That is my "magic number", if I can get a game for a grand or under, I feel I have done ok(and it keeps the wife off my ass lol). I just made a deal to move my T2 in a combo 2 for 1 deal, so I can totally relate on that as well. Good luck!

#9 11 years ago

My rule of thumb on prices = if I can get something within the pinside value range = very good deal!

I'd say Black Rose is the only game I didn't do so hot on price wise. That was mainly because of impulse and being at an auction.

#10 11 years ago

That's a good price.

I'm sure if you waited another year you would have seen one sell for $64 less & then half dozen for a few to several hundred more.

Don't pay until all is resolved, you cannot partial pay, the seller will have to invoice.

#11 11 years ago

I watched this auction tick down. Congrats.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Not trying to slam you (truly), but 6 months is not that long of a time to look for a pin

wow wtf. Half a year to find a pin? Unless you're a huge cheap ass, 6 months for a pin is silly. The only exception to this might be something incredibly rare like Godzilla.

#13 11 years ago

congrats on wwf. a good pin at a good price. you will enjoy it.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

wow wtf. Half a year to find a pin? Unless you're a huge cheap ass, 6 months for a pin is silly. The only exception to this might be something incredibly rare like Godzilla

So the market can continue to inflate because people "have to have it now"? 6 months isn't long at all... It took me three years to find an 1812, and not because I am a "cheap ass", but because I wasn't going to way overpay for a machine just because I wanted it (I have certainly overpaid for machines). There are so many variables that go into finding a machine (location, condition, etc.), that 6 months is a drop in the hat depending on title.

Luckily pinball machines are luxury items and not a necessity, all I have is time when it comes to luxury items...

#15 11 years ago

I was watching that same auction. Good price overall I believe.

#16 11 years ago

I was wondering how many pinball people were watching it. I put my bid in with about 35 seconds left. I usually wait until 10 seconds left but I was on my phone's Internet and wasn't sure how fast it would update.

#17 11 years ago

Fun game, just hope that the plastic ramp is good. I got one off of ebay for a similar price, but the game was beat! Blown out inserts, missing art work, etc, but the biggest problem was the ramp. The rest was a long learning curve, but I learned to do touch ups and clearcoat (getto clearcoat). Besides the OH YEAHS, it is a great game. Congrats. Most DE games have nice playfields after they are cleaned up, not so for mine. I would suggest putting in leds due to the difficultly in getting to some of the bulbs. That mini playfield is fun but a pain in the butt to get to.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

So the market can continue to inflate because people "have to have it now"? 6 months isn't long at all... It took me three years to find an 1812, and not because I am a "cheap ass", but because I wasn't going to way overpay for a machine just because I wanted it (I have certainly overpaid for machines). There are so many variables that go into finding a machine (location, condition, etc.), that 6 months is a drop in the hat depending on title.
Luckily pinball machines are luxury items and not a necessity, all I have is time when it comes to luxury items...

Dude, taking 3 years to buy a game you want due to "not wanting to overpay" is the very definition of being a cheap ass. Congratulations, you're a cheap ass. lol

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Dude, taking 3 years to buy a game you want due to "not wanting to overpay" is the very definition of being a cheap ass. Congratulations, you're a cheap ass. lol

Congrats on your asinine blanket statement. I am assuming you have been in the market for an 1812 and picked one up 6 months within searching for one? When you are looking for an 1812 with a perfect playfield, even if you are willing to overpay, they dont just show up (at least around here). Add to the fact that it has to be within driving distance to be considered and it really narrows down your options.

Looking at your collection and your game room, If I estimated even on the low side, you have what....120k worth of machines? So just the simple fact that I would need to give up two years salary just to have that collection probably means we aren''t the same collector base.

My last 4 pin purchases- POTC-4100, TFLE-4900, IJ-4k, BF-1700

Cheap Ass? Nah.... Broke Ass? Almost...LOL

#20 11 years ago

I'm sure the seller wants the money now, but what does ebay say, 7 days? I'd do it when your ready to pick it up. I think you have a week. You bought the game so you're doing him a favor imo. He can wait. Believe me, everyone wants payment asap but take their sweet ass time if they had to ship it. I'm sure he's been trying to sell it for a while, that's why he finally put it on ebay. I wouldn't worry about it. Pay when you're ready.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

So the market can continue to inflate because people "have to have it now"?

Well, that's the entire reason that the market has inflated, although more and more I've found that if you're still willing to wait, you can still get some pretty fair deals.

If people wait, eventually stuff will pop up. If you need it today because you played it an hour ago and want it now, of course you're going to put a premium price on it. Then, you tell other people that is what you paid...

I'd rather have a list of 20 or so games and buy them when they pop up for a good deal instead of having a single game and needing it right now. It has caused me to buy my top wants slowly generally, but even "back in the day" people thought I was lying about the prices I picked up my machines for... Helps when you have a list of 20 and you don't overly care which one pops up next, and you're ready to drop everything and make a deal when you see that offer...

#22 11 years ago

Congrats on picking up a very, very underrated game. Just got my old one back a week ago, and am questioning how I ever sold it.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Well, that's the entire reason that the market has inflated, although more and more I've found that if you're still willing to wait, you can still get some pretty fair deals

You and me both... We have been at this a long time though, so what do we know...LOL

In the last 9 months, here are a couple of my "willing to wait purchases"... BSD- 1k, GNR $1750, Funhouse- $1800..... Granted some of these need quite a bit of work, but still, patience will still net you "deals"...

Back to the OP (sorry for the sidetrack).... Even though his auction stated, payment must be made within 12 hours, I don't believe Ebay will back him on that. You should be fine, as others have said, just have him send you an invoice without the shipping included. Let us know how it turns out!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Well, that's the entire reason that the market has inflated

It's really when jjp started and then Stern introduced the le models to compete. It's been an over inflated mess since then. It affected the whole market.

#25 11 years ago

He fixed the shipping thing and I went ahead and paid today. The game is in his employee break room. The manager went on and on about how nice the game is and how they have it serviced every six months. So it sounds pretty good. My major worries are planking and/or cracked ramps.

However I have not noted an advertised price on this game for under $1,500. The best deals usually go unadvertised to the general public.

#26 11 years ago

Congrats great game love mine the more you play it the better the game gets I was not sure about it at first but the mini playfield is awesome mine had a new ramp so lucked out there

#27 11 years ago

The seller sounds kinda misleading when the auction stated its from his personal collection, but its located in an employee break room. It needs some slingshot plastics and drop target decals from what I saw of it. Good price in todays market though.

#28 11 years ago

Congrats on the eBay pickup!!!

#29 11 years ago

Great price for a solid game. A decent WWFRR still runs about $1500 and is more fun than many games selling for more. Enjoy! And yeah, waiting a few years for a game you want at the right price is cool. In fact, I stopped adding to my mental "I gotta have this game soon" list because the last 2 I did came up for sale within a few months, and I have no more room for games! (LAH for $700, and Mars Trek for $350) Patience is a virtue; let the instant-gratification types overpay for their games!

#30 11 years ago

"Oh yeeeeeahhhhhh"

1 week later
#31 11 years ago

I am about 15 miles away from it now (filling up). I pray that it lives up to the eBay description. Even though I have already paid, I still need to inspect it. If for no other reason than to make sure there aren't loose parts. I hope they understand that.

Any last minute advice?

#32 11 years ago

Paid $1100 for mine...stellar condition. Great pin

WWF_Ball_View_4.jpgWWF_Ball_View_4.jpg WWF2.jpgWWF2.jpg

#33 11 years ago

Good luck and keep us posted on how it turns out. I am not aware of any major issue areas on WWF because my old one was very nice. Scoop holes obviously get use. Bazaii ramps always seem to be cracked at the little tab where they connect to mini-pf.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Scoop holes obviously get use

Cliffy makes a nice protector(s) that is easy to install. It's a must for this game.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

Cliffy makes a nice protector(s) that is easy to install. It's a must for this game.

yup, I helped as a proto-tester They are very nice Cliffy protectors and a no brainer for a game that gets the scoop holes use a bunch.

#36 11 years ago

Game checked out good. Beginning the 230 mile trip home. Thanks

#37 11 years ago

Congrats!

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Game checked out good. Beginning the 230 mile trip home. Thanks

Worth every mile...congrats!!!

#39 11 years ago

Post some pics when you get it in the house !!

#40 11 years ago

This is me when I picked it up. The back of the machine is on furniture dollies (was at a furniture and mattress store). Anyways that is why it looks so high up.

Only worry is the game fell off one dolly while we were moving it. I would have preferred to carry it but the seller was over 65 and there was no one else there to help. I am pretty sure it is okay. The "drop" was about 1.5 inches.

I am currently at a rest stop by the way.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#41 11 years ago

Wow that picture is bad. I am home now... the game is still in my explorer. I should have help to unload it tomorrow and really get into it. Let's all pray for no issues.

#42 11 years ago

I got the game home and setup. It works great. It could use some new pinballs and some further cleaning. And I am unfimilar with the DE menu system. So I haven't figure out how to delete the high scores yet.

I did find the goodie bag on the inside -- not sure how I missed that when I bought it.

Gym.JPGGym.JPG

#43 11 years ago

Never broke a billion before...

WWF_HS.JPGWWF_HS.JPG

#44 11 years ago

Nice deal.....looks like a fun game.

#45 11 years ago

Great find. I like the Red Bull Machine. Don't forget to replace the batteries...you never know how long they have been in the game before you got it.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

I like the Red Bull Machine. Don't forget to replace the batteries...you never know how long they have been in the game before you got it.

Thanks! The Red Bull Machine was a "steal" at an auction for $200 + fees. I'm actually looking to trade it for a modern coke machine though - as Red Bulls are too expensive to simply hand out at parties.

I checked the batteries. They are engergizer lithums which I believe are good for roughly ten years. However, their "dead date" is 2013. So I'll replace them this week. Looks like they have been in there awhile. And the DE boards look different than Williams. I am not a fan of the DE menu system either.

#47 11 years ago

LOL. it is different that's for sure. You can download the Op manuel on ipdb.org (free) and it will walk you through the reset menu.

PS. The Goodie bag is a rare find...congrats

#48 11 years ago

Any pictures of the goodie bag?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/won-wwf-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.