Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 3 years ago

Lets start with the basic info...the game is a 1977 Gottlieb Vulcan.
Problem is the resetting of the playfield on a new game. I have to drain the first ball of the new game to reset everything and then start a whole new game.
I've checked the switches for game end and reset...cleaned contacts and functionality.
Everything works splendid except this glitch...not end of world but annoying.
Thoughts?

#2 3 years ago

resetting the pf? you start a new game, pf doesnt reset drop targets? more info. and yes we usually put game name in topic heading

#3 3 years ago

Follow this reset seq. thru

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#4 3 years ago

pinhead52
That is correct. When the game ends and I start a new one the drop targets and the bonus do not reset till I purposely drain the first ball of the new game.

#5 3 years ago

currieddog
Thank you...I'll follow those steps tonight.

3 months later
#6 3 years ago

So it's been a while but now getting back to this repair.
It wasn't urgent at the time.
I believe I resolved to rest issue but a new one developed in the process.
I changed the coil on the U relay...it was burned bad, needed to adjust the switches as the new coil (same number) is stronger caused the vibration as it wasn't quite bottoming out, just enough resistance from the leaf contacts. That is when things changed....
When starting a new game everything resets correctly, drop targets and bonus all reset.
But....when I hit the replay to load another player it goes through the reset motions.
Cleaned the player stepper at front of cabinet and player switches in backbox...
Thoughts...
Yes I have the schematics.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFanatic:

When starting a new game everything resets correctly, drop targets and bonus all reset.

Check this:

Capture (resized).pngCapture (resized).png
#8 3 years ago

Thanks Curriedog...
I did replace the U relay coil...maybe just needs adjustment.

#9 3 years ago

Update (I'm bad with these)...
Ran Currieddog's info..got better.
Start manually moving player unit was a game changer...guess it brought things back into alignment, I did clean the contacts. Needles to say, not sure which aspect was the answer but I'm back up and running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/won-t-reset-new-game?hl=flipperfanatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.