(Topic ID: 97029)

Won eBay auction - haven' t heard back from seller EDIT: He called - no worries

By SunKing

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

On Wednesday night I won this eBay auction. ebay.com link: itm

I received an email from the seller about an hour before the auction ended with additional pictures. However, since winning the auction it's been radio silence. The seller has not responded at all. No response Wednesday night, none Thursday, none Friday and it's now Saturday morning.

So my question is - how long should I wait before contacting PayPal and asking to get my $$ back? Has this happened to any of y'all before? This seller has a long history on eBay with 100% positive feedback, so as of now I'm thinking something came up that's more important to him....but I'm starting to get really worried. Any advice for me in this situation would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

#4 9 years ago

Thanks. I've been sending one per day. I'll zap one more this morning before heading out. I won't be back 'till much later today, so hopefully I'll see some replies when I return. ...geez, my first attempt at buying a pin remotely, and I see why it's so much trouble. I can't even begin to arrange shipping 'till I hear back from the seller...

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Happens to me all the time. Give it a little while he may have had something come up he could not control. Odds are he is not trying to scam you.

THIS is what I was hoping to hear. I really do want that Xenon for $211. I'll try waiting a couple more days before totally freaking out. THANKS!

#16 9 years ago

Ok, phew.....no worries then. It's my 1st pin purchase via the dreaded ebay. Kinda freaked out there I guess. I'll give the guy more time. ...it's a nice weekend here - going to enjoy it.

#24 9 years ago

Sunday morning...still no reply from seller. I will give the guy 'till Wednesday - that's one full week. If I don't hear back by then I'm filing a complaint.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

What are you emailing him? Have you told him a pickup time you prefer? Are you arranging shipping? Have you paid him the $50 to palletize?Have you asked him for all the info you need to arrange shipping?

I'm contacting him via eBay. He replied to my first two emails, but haven't heard back since the auction ended. I've sent him my phone number. I've asked for his paypal email so that I can send him the extra $50. I've asked him to contact me so we can work out the shipping details. ...I've had zero replies since the auction ended and I paid in full on Wednesday, July 9.

I'n not out to sully his solid reputation, I just want him to contact me so we can wrap up this transaction.

#27 9 years ago

I just got the call from the seller. It's all good.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/won-ebay-auction-haven-t-heard-back-from-seller?tu=sunking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.