(Topic ID: 97029)

Won eBay auction - haven' t heard back from seller EDIT: He called - no worries

By SunKing

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gnatty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Its summer, many people are busy with vacations etc enjoying the weather, give him time.

I disagree, if someone has the time to list an item, like a pinball machine, they have time to communicate when it's done. It takes two minutes to send a message to a buyer.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Must be nice to live in a perfect world where nothing ever pops up thats more important that a material object; i.e family emergencies/work deadlines/personal tragedy, legal issues etc.... If I had an auction end while a family member had been rushed to the ER, loss of life, home destroyed by wild fire, MVA etc etc etc... It would be the LAST thing on my mind at the time. Love society these days, full of self centered individuals who have zero basis in reality.
    Sorry for the rant, but really? Really? I had to deal with an idiot once who reported me to ebay two days after my auction ended, so sorry I took a unplanned weekend getaway with zero cell service...Idiot
    Back to OP...Happy to hear everything turned out well!

Wow, the way I look at it, when people use ebay on both ends, buying and selling, it is a binding contract between both parties to pay, communicate and ship out ended auction goods. In today's world, access to the internet is everywhere, and 2 minutes to take care of business after 4 days of an auction ending is a bit odd. In this case, a pinball machine was won for dirt cheap, which leads the buyer to believe he is renigging on the sale........don't get your panties in an uproar RILaw

#32 9 years ago

I've been on this end as a buyer as well, over a $548.00 auction that I won. Seller would not respond. Was told of a family emergency after 1 week of emails asking for shipping confirmation because I had paid instantly. 2 weeks later, no response but they still had my 548.00 dollars. Took 3 more weeks to finally get paypal to hear, and accept my case in my favor. Of course I understand family emergencies etc. etc. but when people are able to take money for something they are selling, they better communicate and follow through with finalizing a transaction or refund the money to the rightful owner!
    Sellers on ebay have a responsibility just like the buyer does. End of story or don't use online sites to sell things!

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Not on Interstate 80 on the western third in Nebraska except for North Platte. 75% of I-80 in Wyoming and Nevada. Even if there is cell coverage, which in some place there is none, (even with AT&T)cell service does not always allow for internet over the cell system.
    Also no coverage on most of the Pacific Coast Highway between Carmel & San Luis Obispo.

Now your reaching! You mean to tell me the seller has been driving on thruways and interstates all over the Midwest where there is no cell coverage, no internet access in hotels, restaurants, bars, stores, cafés and gas stations for 4 straight days. Lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gnatty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/won-ebay-auction-haven-t-heard-back-from-seller?tu=gnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.