6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fiberdude120
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

On Wednesday night I won this eBay auction. ebay.com link

I received an email from the seller about an hour before the auction ended with additional pictures. However, since winning the auction it's been radio silence. The seller has not responded at all. No response Wednesday night, none Thursday, none Friday and it's now Saturday morning.

So my question is - how long should I wait before contacting PayPal and asking to get my $$ back? Has this happened to any of y'all before? This seller has a long history on eBay with 100% positive feedback, so as of now I'm thinking something came up that's more important to him....but I'm starting to get really worried. Any advice for me in this situation would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

#2 6 years ago

I would send another contact note; not just wait. Do it via ebay messaging so the record exists in ebay should you need evidence down the road when flexing the ebay buyer protection muscle.

Good luck with that Xenon - Looks like a fun project!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#3 6 years ago

Happens to me all the time. Give it a little while he may have had something come up he could not control. Odds are he is not trying to scam you.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks. I've been sending one per day. I'll zap one more this morning before heading out. I won't be back 'till much later today, so hopefully I'll see some replies when I return. ...geez, my first attempt at buying a pin remotely, and I see why it's so much trouble. I can't even begin to arrange shipping 'till I hear back from the seller...

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Happens to me all the time. Give it a little while he may have had something come up he could not control. Odds are he is not trying to scam you.

THIS is what I was hoping to hear. I really do want that Xenon for $211. I'll try waiting a couple more days before totally freaking out. THANKS!

#6 6 years ago

Doesn't Ebay have their policy that you are 100% protected as a buyer? If you pay and don't receive your item, they guarantee your money and directly pay you back.

I'd contact Ebay directly first, before PP. They'll try to get in touch with the seller as well.

Also, what's the sellers Ebay rating? I "try" to only deal with sellers with excellent reputations. Sellers who've been selling for at least a year.

Good luck and I hope it works out.

#7 6 years ago

If you look the seller has a pretty good record and not a newbee. I'd give it thru the weekend. The start of next week I'd start the process if he hasn't returned any messages on Monday. If he is a business, or if he has family it can take up a lot of time. Don't fret yet. Plus if you paid by paypal you should be covered. I know how it can be. The rush of wanting to get the item on the way. But relax. worry when you have to. Life is too short.
    Magicchiz

#8 6 years ago

I wouldn't worry about getting screwed for the money. Ebay/Paypal will protect you - just correspond through their systems. If you really want the machine, I'd be patient and give it some more time. My experience is that a lot of people are just not that considerate or aren't focused on it as much as you. Looks like your seller isn't a casual ebay user so it's unlikely he'll back out of the deal. I've had similar mixed experience buying things on Pinside but if they have any kind of reputation they almost always come through.

#9 6 years ago

I think he is wanting the machine more than the money.

#10 6 years ago

Seller indicates he prefers cash at pickup so unlikely any scam involved. He also seems to have given very honest assessment about machine. I would be patient as you are covered in any event.

#11 6 years ago

You are protected by eBay so there should be much of an issue. If you don't hear from the seller within 7 days you can open a case with eBay to get your money back.

#13 6 years ago

I would give it a week and a half. Surprising he would screw up his perfect rating.

#14 6 years ago

Its summer, many people are busy with vacations etc enjoying the weather, give him time.

#15 6 years ago

You can request his telephone number through eBay and contact the seller that way as well. It's possible life happened and something got in the way of the person answering you.

#16 6 years ago

Ok, phew.....no worries then. It's my 1st pin purchase via the dreaded ebay. Kinda freaked out there I guess. I'll give the guy more time. ...it's a nice weekend here - going to enjoy it.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

Its summer, many people are busy with vacations etc enjoying the weather, give him time.

I disagree, if someone has the time to list an item, like a pinball machine, they have time to communicate when it's done. It takes two minutes to send a message to a buyer.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

I disagree, if someone has the time to list an item, like a pinball machine, they have time to communicate when it's done. It takes two minutes to send a message to a buyer.

I agree with you100%. But not all people feel that way.

#19 6 years ago

LittleWest is a valued member on the Village in Florida.
    I cant speak for this transaction specifically, But his reputation has been 100% here.
    If needed, try reaching him through the village bbs.....
    I have had a pile of ebay emails not reach me correctly this week....some were delayed 24 hours or more....
    cant say, but sometimes things dont move as fast as everyone would like...
    I get follow up emails if I dont respond in a few hours. It use to be a few days, but it seems everything needs immediate responses... Ill stop ranting here.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

LittleWest is a valued member on the Village in Florida.
    I cant speak for this transaction specifically, But his reputation has been 100% here.
    If needed, try reaching him through the village bbs.....
    I have had a pile of ebay emails not reach me correctly this week....some were delayed 24 hours or more....
    cant say, but sometimes things dont move as fast as everyone would like...
    I get follow up emails if I dont respond in a few hours. It use to be a few days, but it seems everything needs immediate responses... Ill stop ranting here.

Ok for Littlewest but the seller here is Wildwest-Are Little & Wild one & the same person or is it a Jekyll & Hyde scenario??

#21 6 years ago

My apologies, if I am wrong, but they are both in Lakeland.....I could be mistaken, they are father/son to my knowledge.

#22 6 years ago

As others have said wait at least 7 days. Still nothing then go through Ebay to open a case etc.

I have had a few of these issues in the past 12.5 yrs on eBay like this. You buy an expensive item for a low amount and then hear nothing. After you give up and want your money back they answer you straight away and give you a refund. They then relist it and try to get more money for it. Not saying your seller is doing this....just my experience when winning something cheap when they thought they could get a whole lot more.

Least you paid via PayPal and can get your money back with no issues (if waiting doesn't bother you).

Shame you don't know a local who can go around and knock on his door to say 'I'm here to pick up the Pin' and see his what his reaction is.

Good luck and let us know how it all goes.

#23 6 years ago

Not acceptable for a seller not to respond to someone who won an auction ASAP. Days doesn't cut it in my book unless they are physically incapacitated. Id go through ebay as soon as they allow and file a claim. Guarantee seller will respond.

#24 6 years ago

Sunday morning...still no reply from seller. I will give the guy 'till Wednesday - that's one full week. If I don't hear back by then I'm filing a complaint.

#25 6 years ago

I know this guy has a solid reputation from a personal friend as well. What are you emailing him? Have you told him a pickup time you prefer? Are you arranging shipping? Have you paid him the $50 to palletize?Have you asked him for all the info you need to arrange shipping?

It's a lot of BS when people go radio-silent. But after a week of no communications, it's time to light a fire by starting an ebay dispute. If he plays the "refund because you didn't pay enough" game, just win a few of his expensive items with disposable ebay id's for retribution.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

What are you emailing him? Have you told him a pickup time you prefer? Are you arranging shipping? Have you paid him the $50 to palletize?Have you asked him for all the info you need to arrange shipping?

I'm contacting him via eBay. He replied to my first two emails, but haven't heard back since the auction ended. I've sent him my phone number. I've asked for his paypal email so that I can send him the extra $50. I've asked him to contact me so we can work out the shipping details. ...I've had zero replies since the auction ended and I paid in full on Wednesday, July 9.

I'n not out to sully his solid reputation, I just want him to contact me so we can wrap up this transaction.

#27 6 years ago

I just got the call from the seller. It's all good.

#28 6 years ago

Congrats! Great to hear and GL.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Must be nice to live in a perfect world where nothing ever pops up thats more important that a material object; i.e family emergencies/work deadlines/personal tragedy, legal issues etc.... If I had an auction end while a family member had been rushed to the ER, loss of life, home destroyed by wild fire, MVA etc etc etc... It would be the LAST thing on my mind at the time. Love society these days, full of self centered individuals who have zero basis in reality.

Sorry for the rant, but really? Really? I had to deal with an idiot once who reported me to ebay two days after my auction ended, so sorry I took a unplanned weekend getaway with zero cell service...Idiot

Back to OP...Happy to hear everything turned out well!

#30 6 years ago

Ahhhhh, our 1st world problems.

#31 6 years ago

Must be nice to live in a perfect world where nothing ever pops up thats more important that a material object; i.e family emergencies/work deadlines/personal tragedy, legal issues etc.... If I had an auction end while a family member had been rushed to the ER, loss of life, home destroyed by wild fire, MVA etc etc etc... It would be the LAST thing on my mind at the time. Love society these days, full of self centered individuals who have zero basis in reality.
    Sorry for the rant, but really? Really? I had to deal with an idiot once who reported me to ebay two days after my auction ended, so sorry I took a unplanned weekend getaway with zero cell service...Idiot

Wow, the way I look at it, when people use ebay on both ends, buying and selling, it is a binding contract between both parties to pay, communicate and ship out ended auction goods. In today's world, access to the internet is everywhere, and 2 minutes to take care of business after 4 days of an auction ending is a bit odd. In this case, a pinball machine was won for dirt cheap, which leads the buyer to believe he is renigging on the sale........don't get your panties in an uproar RILaw

#32 6 years ago

I've been on this end as a buyer as well, over a $548.00 auction that I won. Seller would not respond. Was told of a family emergency after 1 week of emails asking for shipping confirmation because I had paid instantly. 2 weeks later, no response but they still had my 548.00 dollars. Took 3 more weeks to finally get paypal to hear, and accept my case in my favor. Of course I understand family emergencies etc. etc. but when people are able to take money for something they are selling, they better communicate and follow through with finalizing a transaction or refund the money to the rightful owner!
    Sellers on ebay have a responsibility just like the buyer does. End of story or don't use online sites to sell things!

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

In today's world, access to the internet is everywhere

Not on Interstate 80 on the western third in Nebraska except for North Platte. 75% of I-80 in Wyoming and Nevada. Even if there is cell coverage, which in some place there is none, (even with AT&T)cell service does not always allow for internet over the cell system.

Also no coverage on most of the Pacific Coast Highway between Carmel & San Luis Obispo.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Not on Interstate 80 on the western third in Nebraska except for North Platte. 75% of I-80 in Wyoming and Nevada. Even if there is cell coverage, which in some place there is none, (even with AT&T)cell service does not always allow for internet over the cell system.
    Also no coverage on most of the Pacific Coast Highway between Carmel & San Luis Obispo.

Now your reaching! You mean to tell me the seller has been driving on thruways and interstates all over the Midwest where there is no cell coverage, no internet access in hotels, restaurants, bars, stores, cafés and gas stations for 4 straight days. Lol.

#35 6 years ago

The OP had every right to be concerned and acted appropriately. I'm glad it's worked out. I had an auction end on a buy it now Thursday night before Labor Day weekend. She insisted I get it out the very next morning before the weekend. My auction said to allow 3-5 days for shipping but I said I'd try. I should have refunded the b!tch right then. I did send it out the next morning but she left me negative fb anyway for poor communication and that "I didn't want to ship it quickly". My first and only negative so far and it still pisses me off and stupid ebsy doesn't let you do a thing about it. Sorry for the rant...

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miknan:

The OP had every right to be concerned and acted appropriately. I had an auction end on a buy it now Thursday night before Labor Day weekend. She insisted I get it out the very next morning before the weekend. My auction said to allow 3-5 days for shipping but I said I'd try. I should have refunded the b!tch right then. I did send it out the next morning but she left me negative fb anyway for poor communication and that "I didn't want to ship it quickly". My first and only negative so far and it still pisses me off and stupid ebsy doesn't let you do a thing about it. Sorry for the rant...

Ive had buyers like that.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Wow, the way I look at it, when people use ebay on both ends, buying and selling, it is a binding contract between both parties to pay, communicate and ship out ended auction goods. In today's world, access to the internet is everywhere, and 2 minutes to take care of business after 4 days of an auction ending is a bit odd. In this case, a pinball machine was won for dirt cheap, which leads the buyer to believe he is renigging on the sale........don't get your panties in an uproar RILaw

I could go on with you and your panty fetish, but I see and further talk about commen sense, and yes First world problems with you is like talking to a wall. Anyway....looks you can call off the military assault, it all worked out for the buyer.

#38 6 years ago

Yeah cause ya know, it's really hard to pick up your smart phone (which 90+ % of americans own) and send a simple email that would literally take 60 seconds to someone who buys your item and pays you for it. OP sure is asking a lot.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miknan:

The OP had every right to be concerned and acted appropriately. I'm glad it's worked out. I had an auction end on a buy it now Thursday night before Labor Day weekend. She insisted I get it out the very next morning before the weekend. My auction said to allow 3-5 days for shipping but I said I'd try. I should have refunded the b!tch right then. I did send it out the next morning but she left me negative fb anyway for poor communication and that "I didn't want to ship it quickly". My first and only negative so far and it still pisses me off and stupid ebsy doesn't let you do a thing about it. Sorry for the rant...

Bad feedback only lasts so long on ebay and than it is erased and your feedback will go back to 100%. I got bad feedback a long time ago from someone who said I charged him to much for shipping. It was a set of small speakers and the shipping was a little over $10.00. I even showed him the receipt and he still left bad feedback. My feedback is now back to 100%.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 209.99
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 259.99
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 219.99
    $ 25.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 429.00
    Playfield - Other
    86Pixels
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 499.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside