Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kicked_Messina_to_the_curb_and_stole_his_guitar..jpg
    th-1.jpeg
    That_Rick_James_is_so_thoughtful_and_polite.jpg
    Kicking_in_coindoor.jpg
    popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif
    There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Mind you I regularly play every Saturday at the arcade on the Santa Monica pier and likewise everyone there plays together without issue.

You mean...you go to the pier to play pins on purpose!? Their M.O. is black with soot, all lights out, DMD broken, and one flipper working....barely! Maybe they've turned it around since the last time I went.

#102 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You mean...you go to the pier to play pins on purpose!? Their M.O. is black with soot, all lights out, DMD broken, and one flipper working....barely! Maybe they've turned it around since the last time I went.

I walk about 6.5 miles at the beach every weekend, starting from around Arizona ave in Santa Monica to the end of Venice at Jodi Maroni's where i snack on food, then walk back. The arcade on the Santa Monica pier is where I stop after my walk to play games. I played Jackbot there until recently because I just bought my own (my first pin!). Currently I've been playing The Getaway there and really like it, enough so that I found a local guy near me that restores tables and he is restoring one for me, should be ready in a few weeks. After I get that table home I'll probably migrate to The Walking Dead which they also have there, that one seems fun as well although being new it's probably not a a price point I'm willing to pay to take home so I'll keep playing it there. Outside of that you'll always find me on the Ms Pac Man / Galaga Anniversary machine near the door. I have the high score on that one on the hidden Pac Man game, and I get around 250k on Ms Pac Man but alas the high score is like 880k on Ms Pac Man which I can't get, looks like whoever got that made it to the kill screen I play well enough on it though to attract attention which is always fun. The last weekend a lady and her daughter were watching me play and she said "Very impressive, you play like a demon" which made me smile

#103 8 years ago

Outside of that you'll always find me on the Ms Pac Man / Galaga Anniversary machine near the door. I have the high score on that one on the hidden Pac Man game, and I get around 250k on Ms Pac Man but alas the high score is like 880k on Ms Pac Man which I can't get, looks like whoever got that made it to the kill screen I play well enough on it though to attract attention which is always fun. The last weekend a lady and her daughter were watching me play and she said "Very impressive, you play like a demon" which made me smile

Get your self a Darth Vaderesque mullet wig & an American Flag tie and pretend you're Billy Mitchell!

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Get your self a Darth Vaderesque mullet wig & an American Flag tie and pretend you're Billy Mitchell!

pic_billy.png

Oh goodness no Although I may end up seeing him. There is an upcoming pinball convention I was considering going to in Banning California, about two hours away from me, hundreds of pinball tables and hosted by Twin Galaxies I believe and Billy Mitchell may be there. I can't believe he is still rocking the mullet though.

#105 8 years ago

Oh goodness no Although I may end up seeing him. There is an upcoming pinball convention I was considering going to in Banning California, about two hours away from me, hundreds of pinball tables and hosted by Twin Galaxies I believe and Billy Mitchell may be there. I can't believe he is still rocking the mullet though.

The Banning place is awesome. They had their opening show earlier in the year. Unbelievable collection of games....worth checking out! America's Mullet will definitely be there.

#106 8 years ago

He somehow pulls off the mullet, lemme tell ya.

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

He somehow pulls off the mullet, lemme tell ya.

He really doesn't...but his commitment to that helmet is admirable and perplexing. I wonder if it really counts as a mullet though, as it's not short in the front - it's more like a head cape!

#108 8 years ago

I saw him last weekend and I stand by my opinion. Dressed head-to-toe in white, not a hair out of place... I thought the dude was tiny based on King of Kong but he's a giant!

The dude was practically GLOWING. He might be an actual angel.

#110 8 years ago

It's not a mullet.
    It is simply perfection.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/women-in-pinball-article/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.