Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 254 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Billc479
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinballalbumcover2023 key (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover2023keynumbered.pdf (PDF preview)
    pinballalbumcover2023keyalpha.pdf (PDF preview)
    pinballalbumcover16 test7nocreech (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test7yescreech (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test6 (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test5 (resized).jpg
    It Would Be Wrong (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pinballalbumcover16 test4 (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test3 (resized).jpg
    TOM_New (resized).png
    pinballalbumcover16 test2 (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test logos (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test (resized).jpg
    There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 3 years ago

Here is the latest version, this may not be the final version but it should now be very close with just minor tweaking here and there as needed to get it as good as it can be. There probably are still some positioning corrections that need to be made.

* Thank you to Pinsider TheHueManatee for contributing some of the artwork.

* Thank you to everyone who provided comments and suggestions in this thread.

As I noted earlier, I changed the format from a square (like an album cover) to a rectangle with the goal to make possible printing better. I used an aspect ratio based on a typical translite, although I found out there is no one standard size for these translites. It should fit into various print formats OK, it might need some black background added to match a specific size which should be easy.

There are exactly ONE HUNDRED women of pinball in this picture! Feel free to count them all! I hope you can all find your favorites. At least I am hoping there are 100...

I am thinking about putting a sign on the pinball in the manner that the drum says Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. It would feature "100", so far I haven't come up with something I like. Maybe "100 Women of Pinball", or something... suggestions welcome. Or I could just leave it has a silver ball.

Some other fun facts:

There are 95 pinball machines represented, so 5 machines are represented by 2 pictures. Can you find them?

There is a red-haired lady pictured who represents the most inappropriate pinball artwork ever made, done by "Mad Dog" Dave Christensen. This Easter egg was noted by mrm_4 early on. Nothing bad is revealed from that artwork here.

There is another fairly inappropriate (topless) picture also from Mad Dog. It is rendered somewhat PG with some fancy positioning of nearby ladies. Can you spot it? This can be swapped out for the original version if it is too risque for this image.

There is one male in the picture along with the 100 women.

Another male was tucked right in with two woman from one machine that are shown here, but he was mercilessly cut out from the picture.

I have a list of all the machine names that I will post later. When everything is finalized, I'll make a key so each one can be identified.

pinballalbumcover5 (resized).jpgpinballalbumcover5 (resized).jpg

#102 3 years ago

Getting better every time! I'm not sure the enormous pinball or the flipper are necessary. I think they take away from the collage. Great work!

#103 3 years ago

One of the coolest things I've seen on here in awhile. Looking forward to printing up one!!

#104 3 years ago

Oh, keep the flipper and the ball! It looks great and gives a clue to someone who does not know much about pinball

#105 3 years ago

Nice! Looking better every revision.
    Minor tweaks to consider:
    * move Asteroid Annie up and to the right just a bit. She is getting crowded out in latest rev.
    * Make the red flowing clothing fall behind Annie, not covering over her.
    * title or saying could be: 100 Women of Pinball Artwork Tribute. Could be on the very top center or in the pinball.
    * Could make the flipper and pinball slightly smaller.
    * Upper left of pic has more open black space than upper right. Balance that out a bit.

Way to go xsv. Cool project u created.

#106 3 years ago

I love the big silver ball, and the way she's holding it. Looks great. Also love the neon flipper.. all GREAT!

Funny how little diversity there is.. never occurred to me, but I guess if you wanted to add more, here are some entries:

--------

Last, it occurred to me that our favourite hybrid motor riding female might be missing? .
    20200617_024453 (resized).jpg20200617_024453 (resized).jpg

chrome_2020-07-14_21-18-09 (resized).jpgchrome_2020-07-14_21-18-09 (resized).jpgchrome_2020-07-14_21-20-13 (resized).pngchrome_2020-07-14_21-20-13 (resized).png5927656741_180ae8b1eb_k (resized).jpg5927656741_180ae8b1eb_k (resized).jpg
    #107 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Here is the latest version, this may not be the final version but it should now be very close with just minor tweaking here and there as needed to get it as good as it can be. There probably are still some positioning corrections that need to be made.
    As I noted earlier, I changed the format from a square (like an album cover) to a rectangle with the goal to make possible printing better. I used an aspect ratio based on a typical translite, although I found out there is no one standard size for these translites. It should fit into various print formats OK, it might need some black background added to match a specific size which should be easy.
    There are exactly ONE HUNDRED women of pinball in this picture! Feel free to count them all! I hope you can all find your favorites. At least I am hoping there are 100...
    I am thinking about putting a sign on the pinball in the manner that the drum says Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. It would feature "100", so far I haven't come up with something I like. Maybe "100 Women of Pinball", or something... suggestions welcome. Or I could just leave it has a silver ball.
    Some other fun facts:
    There are 95 pinball machines represented, so 5 machines are represented by 2 pictures. Can you find them?
    There is a red-haired lady pictured who represents the most inappropriate pinball artwork ever made, done by "Mad Dog" Dave Christensen. This Easter egg was noted by mrm_4 early on. Nothing bad is revealed from that artwork here.
    There is another fairly inappropriate (topless) picture also from Mad Dog. It is rendered somewhat PG with some fancy positioning of nearby ladies. Can you spot it? This can be swapped out for the original version if it is too risque for this image.
    Another male was tucked right in with two woman from one machine that are shown here, but he was mercilessly cut out from the picture.
    I have a list of all the machine names that I will post later. When everything is finalized, I'll make a key so each one can be identified.
    [quoted image]

Thank you for Pam!!!!

#108 3 years ago

Your on your way to stardom!!!

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Some other fun facts:
    [quoted image]

The booby grab and the ice cold nips!

#110 3 years ago

Not sure that the bumper caps below the flipper is a good addition.

#111 3 years ago

I've had this as my computer background for years...similar to what you're doing, but yours looks a bit nicer.
    Keep up the good work!

backglass_beauties.jpgbackglass_beauties.jpg
    #112 3 years ago

New revision with a bunch of changes, thanks everyone for your good eyes on the details.

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Nice! Looking better every revision.
    Minor tweaks to consider:
    * move Asteroid Annie up and to the right just a bit. She is getting crowded out in latest rev.
    * Make the red flowing clothing fall behind Annie, not covering over her.
    * title or saying could be: 100 Women of Pinball Artwork Tribute. Could be on the very top center or in the pinball.
    * Could make the flipper and pinball slightly smaller.
    * Upper left of pic has more open black space than upper right. Balance that out a bit.
    Way to go xsv. Cool project u created.

Fixed that whole area with Asteroid Annie, should look better, also the upper left. There are a bunch of rearrangements actually. One of the tricks is getting all of the positioning so it looks good. Most of these art cutouts are not complete renderings, they tend to be cut off in different ways depending on how the overall drawing is done. So I have tried hard to hide the ones that are cut off at the waist, have arms missing, etc, so that they are strategically covered and not floating disembodied. For example, I'm not sure I'm satisfied with the way the Playboy girls have their legs cut straight across at the thighs. I'm going to try to fix that somehow.

Quoted from koji:

I love the big silver ball, and the way she's holding it. Looks great. Also love the neon flipper.. all GREAT!
    Funny how little diversity there is.. never occurred to me, but I guess if you wanted to add more, here are some entries:
    --------
    Last, it occurred to me that our favourite hybrid motor riding female might be missing? .
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think Centaur should be there, so she went in. But one had to come out (the brunette Taxi) to fit her in, as I want to keep it at an even 100. There is definitely a lack of diversity, Black Fever and Panthera I think are the only ones that resemble anything other than a generic white chick. The problem with the older art is that every woman looks like a white chick. Its not that they didn't do different themes such as Native Americans, Hawaiian dancers, Asian themes, etc. But regardless of the costume, every girl is basically a white chick. Nutty.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thank you for Pam!!!!

For the more photo-like art that didn't fit in, mainly Pam and Tron, I cheated and did some Photoshop filters that turned them into comic-style drawings so they fit in better.

Quoted from eagle18:

Not sure that the bumper caps below the flipper is a good addition.

These can easily be turned off so it would then go back to a black area there. These elements along with the pinball and the sign are following the idea of the Sgt Peppers album cover tribute.

There will be some more revisions but I think it is getting close.
    pinballalbumcover6 (resized).jpgpinballalbumcover6 (resized).jpg

#113 3 years ago

You should do something more interesting in the pinball's reflection.

#114 3 years ago

The girl on the right slingshot plastic on Ballys Eight Ball. Sch-wing !!

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

You should do something more interesting in the pinball's reflection.

Start by adding a second as they come in sets ...you can take it from there lmao

#116 3 years ago

I like Williams Satin Doll. Nice figure for a 70's woman.

Satin Doll (resized).jpgSatin Doll (resized).jpg
    #117 3 years ago

For the pinball the big dick backglass

#118 3 years ago

Here is the latest version, the bumper caps are removed, there are various positioning improvements and a new Jack in the Box graphic is in as the old was low-rez. The positioning of the 100 ladies should be pretty good overall now.

These are the same except the colors of the pinball flipper graphic. Those can be made any 2 colors fairly easily.

I'll be working on putting something in the silver ball next. What do you think about putting the logos of the various manufacturers inside of it?

pinballalbumcover7RB (resized).jpgpinballalbumcover7RB (resized).jpg

pinballalbumcover7PG (resized).jpgpinballalbumcover7PG (resized).jpg

#119 3 years ago

Perfect as it is. Keep the ball pure. Love it

#120 3 years ago

I have a spreadsheet list of all 100 with the game title, year of production, and artist. When I get around to making a key each entry will have a number that corresponds to a location on the picture. PDF attachment here will work hopefully, so now you can check to see if your favorite is in there.

Some stats of the 100 woman of pinball.

Bally had the highest number of entries, with Gottlieb in second.

Bally 38
    Gottlieb 28
    Williams 11
    Stern 9
    Chicago Coin 3
    Segasa 3
    Data East 2
    Playmatic 2

Oldest - Gottlieb Honey 1947

Newest - Magic Girl 2017

Entries by artist:

Gordon Morrison 17
    Dave Christensen 14
    Paul Faris 9
    Roy Parker 7
    John Yousii 6
    Pat McMahon 6
    Greg Freres 4
    Kevin O'Connor 4
    Christian March 3

splhcb key.pdfsplhcb key.pdf

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Perfect as it is. Keep the ball pure. Love it

Not sure what "pure" means...currently the top of the ball has a reflection of a soccer ball, and the bottom of the ball is sort of brushed steel.

If you don't want to have artwork in the reflection, at least make the ball look better.

#123 3 years ago

OK I got rid of the generic downloaded silver ball image and am working on a custom one with Photoshop. A version with a clean silver ball is shown below, and then a second version with a reflection of a Charles Bell painting. I can map any image onto the surface of the pinball, so if you have ideas let's hear them! I will try out some different stuff as I get time.

pinballalbumcover8ballnoart (resized).jpgpinballalbumcover8ballnoart (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover8ballwithart (resized).jpgpinballalbumcover8ballwithart (resized).jpg

#124 3 years ago

Alien Poker has a alien chic on the backglass and I didnt see the girl from Andromeda.

#125 3 years ago

Can't say that I like either of those attempts on the ball.

The top one just looks like a flat silver disk, the bottom one just looks like there is an art inset that happens to be in a circle.

I think you need something that makes it look more spherical / 3D, but I'm not an artist so I don't know what that something would be.

#126 3 years ago
    FAA8193D-DF50-4474-8A96-56C0DD8A9DF5.jpegFAA8193D-DF50-4474-8A96-56C0DD8A9DF5.jpeg
    #127 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Can't say that I like either of those attempts on the ball.
    The top one just looks like a flat silver disk, the bottom one just looks like there is an art inset that happens to be in a circle.
    I think you need something that makes it look more spherical / 3D, but I'm not an artist so I don't know what that something would be.

I know what you mean. The problem is, I think you have to get something being reflected on the ball in order to get the 3D feel in the 2D image. The bottom one with the artwork starts to give you that visual cue because of the way the image gets curved in the reflection. I'll keep working on it. Its not really so much art as it is just getting the manipulation done in Photoshop. It takes multiple steps of image processing to get one of those balley-looking balls. If you do a Google search on "chrome ball" you'll see lots of them, but they all have something in the reflection to give that 3D look. That's why I was trying a pinball-related reflection.

Quoted from RGarriott:

Alien Poker has a alien chic on the backglass and I didnt see the girl from Andromeda.

These 2 are not in there. For now I have exactly 100 and since I am OCD I have to keep it at that number, so any new ones that go in will need to replace one that is already in there.

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from zene10:

[quoted image]

I’ve never seen this game before. I gotta find a copy or download to try it out. I “love” bad video game pinball

#129 3 years ago

It's more complicated than you think picking a good picture of a pin ball. It does need a reflection. Here's a google image search for pinball ball, I think marco spec's looks good, but there are some good ones and some bad ones.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pinball+ball&safe=active&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk00DYivULo63SH1PJz9gocKDtpE-VQ:1594926637885&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjfmsbdvNLqAhVnlnIEHdbSAMoQ_AUoAnoECBEQBA&biw=1920&bih=938

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I know what you mean. The problem is, I think you have to get something being reflected on the ball in order to get the 3D feel in the 2D image. The bottom one with the artwork starts to give you that visual cue because of the way the image gets curved in the reflection. I'll keep working on it. Its not really so much art as it is just getting the manipulation done in Photoshop. It takes multiple steps of image processing to get one of those balley-looking balls. If you do a Google search on "chrome ball" you'll see lots of them, but they all have something in the reflection to give that 3D look. That's why I was trying a pinball-related reflection.

Yes, but you can't just map the reflection onto the whole ball. It would never look like that as the normals on the bottom half are radically different than the normals on the top.

Maybe doing something more filtered (i.e. a less "obvious" reflection) would work better, like in this example...

thumb1 (resized).jpgthumb1 (resized).jpg
    #131 3 years ago

How would the pinside logo look in there?

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

OK I got rid of the generic downloaded silver ball image and am working on a custom one with Photoshop. A version with a clean silver ball is shown below, and then a second version with a reflection of a Charles Bell painting. I can map any image onto the surface of the pinball, so if you have ideas let's hear them! I will try out some different stuff as I get time.

I was a fan of the original implementation, but I must say, I sort of had the following in my mind, if it could wrap around the ball showing the TILT. not sure if it would work or not. Just a thought.

chrome_2020-07-16_13-13-00 (resized).pngchrome_2020-07-16_13-13-00 (resized).png
    #133 3 years ago

If you’re still adding women to the collage, I’m rather partial to the witch on Rob Zombie.

34B2CBDE-DD5F-40DB-8A12-C5EC0C639921 (resized).jpeg34B2CBDE-DD5F-40DB-8A12-C5EC0C639921 (resized).jpeg
    #134 3 years ago

Crazy Levi messaged me and was suggesting a Men of Pinball tribute, but i told him he should PM op directly.

#135 3 years ago

Am I the only one that sees this beauty as a female?

BE0A4681-ABCC-4C25-87E2-BEB898AE2BA8 (resized).pngBE0A4681-ABCC-4C25-87E2-BEB898AE2BA8 (resized).png

#136 3 years ago

This is really cool project.

Looks like there is a small white square in the upper right side though.

small square (resized).PNGsmall square (resized).PNG

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Am I the only one that sees this beauty as a female?
    [quoted image]

It does remind me of the ex-wife.

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from tjw998:

This is really cool project.
    Looks like there is a small white square in the upper right side though.
    [quoted image]

Good catch, that is one of those credit windows that I missed. Its fixed in this version. I also put in a different generic pinball. Its OK, but I still think something better can be done. I'm gonna have to think about this one for a while. As noted, working with 3D chrome balls is a bit of a pain. I need to take a break from it for a while.

Quoted from koji:

I was a fan of the original implementation, but I must say, I sort of had the following in my mind, if it could wrap around the ball showing the TILT. not sure if it would work or not. Just a thought.[quoted image]

The TILT idea within the ball sounds interesting, will explore.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

Crazy Levi messaged me and was suggesting a Men of Pinball tribute, but i told him he should PM op directly.

Someone else can take that project on using this one for inspiration

Quoted from Coindork:

If you’re still adding women to the collage, I’m rather partial to the witch on Rob Zombie.
    [quoted image]

I'm locked in at 100 women. There are still possibilities for swapping one out.

pinballalbumcover9 (resized).jpgpinballalbumcover9 (resized).jpg

#139 3 years ago

Another one of my random ideas
    pinballalbumcover10mspacman (resized).jpgpinballalbumcover10mspacman (resized).jpg

#140 3 years ago

Can't believe "Charlie's Angels" didn't get on......or am I missing them.

#141 3 years ago

Too much heat to bring to the party?....

7277003C-307A-4CF8-A515-94C2318547DF (resized).jpeg7277003C-307A-4CF8-A515-94C2318547DF (resized).jpeg

#142 3 years ago

So why is the fairy in the top left corner not pushed down to fill in the black space?

Then you could trim the excess empty black of off the top edge.

And what is the weird snake-thing that looks like it is coming out of (or maybe eating) a Bride of Pinbot's head (top right side)?

#143 3 years ago

The snake lady is from stern’s viper

#144 3 years ago

I'll probably get disgreed with, but I think Luci and Magic Girl sort of wreck the whole collage, simply due to their color palettes. They look out of place to me. Maybe you could twiddle with their, um, twiddleables, enough to tone them down without making them look too different?

Not crazy about BOP either.

#145 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

So why is the fairy in the top left corner not pushed down to fill in the black space?
    Then you could trim the excess empty black of off the top edge.
    And what is the weird snake-thing that looks like it is coming out of (or maybe eating) a Bride of Pinbot's head (top right side)?

I agree about the fairy. Needs to be lowered, too much black space in the upper left.

#146 3 years ago

Jeanette Lee from Stern's Sharkey's Shootout called and does not want to be ignored.

sjean (resized).jpgsjean (resized).jpg
    #147 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Not crazy about BOP either.

Yeah BOP and the viper chick look odd, maybe if the snake was removed from viper girl. For fun I took the viper image and turned it into a sphere.

Also there are a lot of pinball images in this thread: stole one below.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-photography-post-your-best-photos-here/page/12?gallery&&&&galleryp=5

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).pngball (resized).pngball (resized).png
    #148 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Here is the latest version, the bumper caps are removed, there are various positioning improvements and a new Jack in the Box graphic is in as the old was low-rez. The positioning of the 100 ladies should be pretty good overall now.
    These are the same except the colors of the pinball flipper graphic. Those can be made any 2 colors fairly easily.
    I'll be working on putting something in the silver ball next. What do you think about putting the logos of the various manufacturers inside of it?
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Maybe a ariola

#149 3 years ago

Looks Awsome !!

#150 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Another one of my random ideas
    [quoted image]

I’m all honestly maybe since she’s the queen of pinball put Elvira in ball and squeeze the rest since you going for 100.

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woman-of-pinball-album-cover-tribute/page/3?hl=rgarriott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.