Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 254 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Billc479
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinballalbumcover2023 key (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover2023keynumbered.pdf (PDF preview)
    pinballalbumcover2023keyalpha.pdf (PDF preview)
    pinballalbumcover16 test7nocreech (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test7yescreech (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test6 (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test5 (resized).jpg
    It Would Be Wrong (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pinballalbumcover16 test4 (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test3 (resized).jpg
    TOM_New (resized).png
    pinballalbumcover16 test2 (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test logos (resized).jpg
    pinballalbumcover16 test (resized).jpg
    There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 3 years ago

Here is the latest version with many new additions thanks to everyone's suggestions. There are still some spaces for a few more.

When it is all done I can figure out to make a key with all of the names, but I know everyone who hangs around Pinside probably automatically knows all of them.

Quoted from ReadyPO:

I know Creech is holding Julie Adams but he is a "one man show" in the collage. How about using the PF Julie, or maybe substitute Bride of Frankenstein from Monster Bash holding her

I thought it out for a bit when I was adding Creech in, realizing he would be the only male in the picture. I decided to put him in because I just found it amusing to see him in there among the mass of females, with that look on his face. I do like the idea of putting the Bride from Monster Bash in though, I will do that next time I work on it.

pinballalbumcover3 (resized).jpgpinballalbumcover3 (resized).jpg

#52 3 years ago

How about the girl in the cocktail glass or one from the backglass on Old Chicago?

C4054911-7E6D-4734-A978-DE440C601BE7 (resized).jpegC4054911-7E6D-4734-A978-DE440C601BE7 (resized).jpeg22B1C1FA-6B00-405F-9715-ACABCEF407D5 (resized).jpeg22B1C1FA-6B00-405F-9715-ACABCEF407D5 (resized).jpeg
    #53 3 years ago

It’s a cool collage. It’s interesting as a sorta historic look at how women are depicted in pinball art.

I’m assuming you’re taking each one, cutting out the rest, and arranging them all on different layers? It may be neat to make different collages with different focuses, such as the women of EM pinball or the women of Bally pinball.

Keep up the good work!

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

How about the girl in the cocktail glass or one from the backglass on Old Chicago?
    [quoted image][quoted image]

You’re gonna have to look harder!

Oops, looking again, the girl in the cocktail glass has disappeared, you’ll see her in the earlier versions. I must have set her visibility to off while I was working on it and didn’t turn it back on. I’ll fix that in the next revision. I did add the Old Chicago back glass lady on the left in the latest version but that one must be off also. These will be in the next version.

Edit #2, Old Chicago IS in version 3, top row in the middle. Sheesh there are so many now I’m losing track myself. Over 50 I believe.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s a cool collage. It’s interesting as a sorta historic look at how women are depicted in pinball art.
    I’m assuming you’re taking each one, cutting out the rest, and arranging them all on different layers? It may be neat to make different collages with different focuses, such as the women of EM pinball or the women of Bally pinball.
    Keep up the good work!

Yes exactly, I started with the Sgt Peppers cover on the bottom layer to work from as a guide. Then I added my chosen front 4 (over the 4 Beatles) to get it started, and just build from there. Each gets it own layer which makes it easy to position them and stack them. The layers are named by the machine to make it easy to track who is where. The hard part is extracting each one from the background. I have been doing that sort of thing in Photoshop for years for work so I am used to it.

The Photoshop file is pretty big, over 100 mb in size. Once the work has been done to extract the images and get them on different layers, it would be fairly easy to rearrange them into different themes like you said. If I decide to do that, I’d probably do one just for Dave Christensen first. He is my favorite.

#56 3 years ago

I’ve been a little indecisive about the 4 stars up front (which sort of match up with the Beatles on their cover) since I started this, actually one of them in particular which is Whoa Nellie. Logically it seems that they should be 4 iconic images to represent the theme. It also would be good to give a nice selection of iconic artists.

Elvira is a given to start with. Who else has THREE pinball machines dedicated solely to themselves? She had to be there. I believe she is drawn by Greg Freres.

The red haired lady from Strikes and Spares also seems iconic, an example of the art form taken to an extreme maybe. Artist is Kevin O’Connor.

I believe there must be a Dave Christensen drawing in the mix. I picked Wizard from his awesome body of work because I think it’s a beautiful drawing, plus it comes from a machine that directly references pinball. And, it’s Ann-Margret. It also helps that the orientation of her pose slots nicely into the composition.

The first three seemed easy, but I struggled with the fourth. I went with Whoa Nellie, which is certainly an in your face representation. She does fit well with the composition also. This represents a second drawing by Freres. It looks pretty good, but it has never totally felt to me like she fitted with the other three in a complementary way. The more modern shaded drawing is nice, but slightly off next to the others. So I’ve been contemplating a replacement.

After looking at this for a while now, I’m thinking of swapping her out for the Surfer lady. She is also a fairly well known and classic image, and she should fit in well (style-wise) with the other 3. She is also blonde as well, and to me the composition of the 4 is pleasant with the 4 different hair colors. That would also bring in a 4th artist Gordon Morison.

Any agreements/disagreements?

#57 3 years ago

Agree Loose the WNJM! Or blend her in the back. Great work!!

#58 3 years ago

Where’s Waldo?

#59 3 years ago

Surfer lady doesn't need to be front & center.
    Im glad u hav Asteroid Annie up front.
    She is good rep for Gordon M.'s creative work.

#60 3 years ago

This is the latest version with a major lineup change and lots of little corrections to make the flow look nicer.

pinballalbumcover4 (resized).jpgpinballalbumcover4 (resized).jpg

#61 3 years ago

This brunette girl on World Fair always did something for me.

472c39146bb98a47570e0c587d30a8a51a4105ca (resized).jpg472c39146bb98a47570e0c587d30a8a51a4105ca (resized).jpg

You might find more ideas in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-looking-girl-or-guy-alien-on-backglass

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

This brunette girl on World Fair always did something for me.
    [quoted image]
    You might find more ideas in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-looking-girl-or-guy-alien-on-backglass

I went through that thread and a few others as I worked on this.i think pretty much everything is in there. At least all the ones I liked

#64 3 years ago

Is the Attack from Mars damsel in the montage or am I overlooking her?

#65 3 years ago

More good possibilities, I will look at these. I think AFM is needed. I also just realized Seawitch is missing and she just has to be in there.

Nevermind Seawitch is there. I can't even keep track any more, I need to get all the names into a list.

#66 3 years ago

How about a little more Spanish (Jolly Park)...

15946044626311730152586 (resized).jpg15946044626311730152586 (resized).jpg
    #67 3 years ago

love the change! Couple more possibilities, although your running our of room.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
    #68 3 years ago

Where’s Pam on her motorcycle?

#69 3 years ago
    70586392-3DD6-4A8C-9BED-7D5184AD5079 (resized).jpeg70586392-3DD6-4A8C-9BED-7D5184AD5079 (resized).jpeg
    #70 3 years ago

This is really cool. Trying figure out what all pins they’re on.
    Why is Creature from the Black Lagoon in it? I think in the movie they also call it Gill-man.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

love the change! Couple more possibilities, although your running our of room.[quoted image]

Breakshot is already in there. Paradise I definitely want to add, I love that machine.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Where’s Pam on her motorcycle?

Decided a while back to just go with the drawings for a more cohesive look. That’s why the Tron girls came off. They didn’t look right in the mix.

Quoted from Kvothe:

This is really cool. Trying figure out what all pins they’re on.
    Why is Creature from the Black Lagoon in it? I think in the movie they also call it Gill-man.

I talked about that in an earlier post. I found it amusing that he was the only male in the picture, and I like the expression on his face as he is surrounded by a mass of woman. Like maybe there’s a few more he would like to kidnap, but upon looking around there are quite a few that would definitely kick his ass if he tried, including several from the sea.

#72 3 years ago

If you're not able to sell, you should at least make this image into a format we can print. (donations to follow im sure)

#73 3 years ago

This is awesome! great work.

If you end up adding more please consider these:

Lady Cheetah
    Lady Panthera
    Gigi aka Marilyn
    Classic Stern iron maiden
    TX from T3 - Kristanna Loken

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpgimage-18 (resized).jpgimage-18 (resized).jpgimage-6 (resized).jpgimage-6 (resized).jpgimage-8 (resized).jpgimage-8 (resized).jpgt3_backglass_56324a15-c585-4408-9263-14c125cf93ad_grande (resized).jpgt3_backglass_56324a15-c585-4408-9263-14c125cf93ad_grande (resized).jpg
    #74 3 years ago

Gottlieb Dragon

Gottlieb Dragon (resized).jpgGottlieb Dragon (resized).jpg
    #75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you're not able to sell, you should at least make this image into a format we can print. (donations to follow im sure)

Yes it will be available, but with no money or donations.This is strictly a project for fun. It’s just pixels in a computer file when it’s all done. I have enjoyed working on it. On preliminary analysis, it looks like there is enough detail there for a decent sized print. I’ll probably try one out myself first to see how it looks.

#76 3 years ago

Would make a great pin who knows someone might be peeking in !

F8E72376-7BEF-41B9-86C1-339815BDEAE1 (resized).jpegF8E72376-7BEF-41B9-86C1-339815BDEAE1 (resized).jpeg
    #77 3 years ago

Thinking about a fairly major change to the layout because of the desire for prints. It started as a tribute LP album cover and these are square, but it seems that the majority of print options are for rectangular shapes, not squares. So I’m thinking of moving things around to a “widescreen” version.

If anyone has any specific ideas about getting prints please post. I have been looking at options at a Costco and FedEx printing. The only square options I have seen are small ones like 12”x12”.

#78 3 years ago

A ratio the Same as Stern translites would allow the use of illuminated translite frames available. It could look great back lit. If you remove the neon graphic at the bottom your ratio may be closer in size.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

A ratio the Same as Stern translites would allow the use of illuminated translite frames available.

Yes, this is a great idea, I concur, also with removing the neon graphic at the bottom.

#80 3 years ago

I'd pay a few bucks for a decent sized- frameable jpg. Either for the file or for a poster. You've managed to capture many of my favorite pin-girls. Nice job!

#83 3 years ago

No granny from playboy? Ageist!

6a00e39337cb1e883401b7c82f48f5970b-800wi (resized).png6a00e39337cb1e883401b7c82f48f5970b-800wi (resized).png
    #84 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

No granny from playboy? Ageist![quoted image]

That's a classic you have to include!!

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

No granny from playboy? Ageist![quoted image]

That’s hilarious, i had never noticed her.

#86 3 years ago

I was going to suggest the "Bon Voyage" Lady with the belt buckle but I now see her in there. Amazing!

#87 3 years ago

I really like the neon at the bottom. I hope you leave it in!

#88 3 years ago

Star Race has some sexy alien babes and Gin has some ladies playing Rummy by the pool.

Quoted from NYP:

Here's one I think you'll agree should be in there:
    AC/DC Luci
    https://nypinball.com/flyers/ac-dc-luci-premium-edition/

Front and center to the right

de9143266466030d2181b79c0fd0d90ccf54dc2e.jpgde9143266466030d2181b79c0fd0d90ccf54dc2e.jpgimage-19.jpgimage-19.jpg

#89 3 years ago

Also I don't see the Star Gazer babe?

277543eac6e7258537a9e29eb9a288e6940bb502.jpg277543eac6e7258537a9e29eb9a288e6940bb502.jpg
    #90 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Also I don't see the Star Gazer babe?
    [quoted image]

She's there. 2 left from Elvira

#91 3 years ago

Oldie but goody

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg
    #92 3 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

Here's one I think you'll agree should be in there:
    AC/DC Luci
    https://nypinball.com/flyers/ac-dc-luci-premium-edition/

She’s there, look again

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I really like the neon at the bottom. I hope you leave it in!

I’m working on a plan to replace the bottom neon graphic with something similar but nicer, stay tuned.

#94 3 years ago
    374ac4420ff1725940c8473e79e71160 (resized).jpg374ac4420ff1725940c8473e79e71160 (resized).jpg3f0d6eddbdd04315c0f8447421e38ad4 (resized).jpg3f0d6eddbdd04315c0f8447421e38ad4 (resized).jpgae2e1c44d1807a8a09a6f01a599322c0 (resized).jpgae2e1c44d1807a8a09a6f01a599322c0 (resized).jpg
    #96 3 years ago

Quick mini-poll:

Should Magic Girl get into the club?

A new version is coming soon and it is a massive update. I think you won't be disappointed.

#97 3 years ago

Yes, because of the artist, not the baggage.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#98 3 years ago

I'd say yes to Magic Girl. The art on that game is awesome

#99 3 years ago

Sure, it's not her fault!

#100 3 years ago

Thanks everyone, Magic Girl is in, I like this drawing.

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woman-of-pinball-album-cover-tribute/page/2?hl=rgarriott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.