Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wmsrocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 11 years ago

I see no activity on this forum for the last 9 months so I hope it's not dead. I Picked up a WOF recently. It seems to me that it's getting more of a beating than it deserves due to the software issues. I find the game quite fun and challenging. It's certainly brighter and more cheerful than any other game I've owned. Everybody that comes over immediately relates to the theme (who hasn't seen the TV show and recently at that). It has a lot of great shots and is quite challenging. I'm not saying it beats a classic Bally or Williams game but it really is a fun and challenging game even with the few issues it has. Which is really what I was looking to find. I've noticed a few things but really there only 2 that really bug me and one of those I've only seen twice. Is there a known comprehensive list somewhere of these issues?

#21 11 years ago

Thanks Jediturtle,
    There was so much bashing going on for WOF that I was beginning to question my joy of playing the game. I would say that I've owned TZ for 10 years and several other great games for not so long but long enough to know what makes pinball fun. So it's been a bit frustrating to see my wife really not "get it" and have no desire whatsoever to play some of these other games. I can't even get her to touch the TZ with the dark playfield, minor key music score and complicated play (her feelings - definitely not mine). When she ran across WOF with the bright playfield, jeweled inserts, perfect integration between LED and incandescent lighting, instant connection to theme, fast play, and all the other things you called out, she immediate connected. Now she has a high score on WOF that I have not been able to top. It's been worth it for that alone. It's also the game that guests will immediately approach and be mesmerized by.

#25 11 years ago

OK, so I assumed the scoring thing I've seen was one of the main issues in the game. I did manage to capture a video of it in action with my wife's help ("honey, I've locked the ball can you grab the camera"). I was posting it on Youtube when I saw some other guy had a video posted replacing the ramp optos with standard switches. Anybody know if the issue I have in the video is the one referred to in the Stern bug fix or if it's not a software bug at all but a sensor problem?

#27 11 years ago

Hey, Jespo - last time you posted on this forum it appeared you didn't have a WOF but were hoping to find one for about $2K. I'm really hoping they're not going for anywhere near that cheap or I'm going to realize how much I overpaid for mine. Wife loved it, caught up in the frenzy of an arcade auction...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wmsrocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wof?tu=wmsrocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.