(Topic ID: 309374)

WMS SYSTEM7 - error code 8

By Theonlylilo

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16439255379553161249537232334994 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Hi everybody! I have a question for you.
    I'm trying to repair a sys7 mpu with the above errore code. This "8" is driving me Crazy..
    Comparing signals with a working (with working I mean "zero" than go off as per manual), they are the same! Error code could be a bad CMOS or a bad memory protect circuit. Since the signals of ICs of mem circuit are ok, I try ti change several 5101 but nothing better happens. The eight Is always in front of me. With Leon, the test passed so.. where is the problem?!
    In fact, with board installed, I cannot change audits from the coin door, so I think the problem Is correct.. something is protecting the values on the memory..
    The mem protect circuit is composed by two ICs: a 4071 and 7408.
    Thanks in advance for helping me!
    16439255379553161249537232334994 (resized).jpg16439255379553161249537232334994 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Leon’s test ROM has a memory test. Press the onboard diagnostic button. The display should show 1-2-3

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
    http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

#3 2 years ago

So with the good board, you don't have any memory protect problems and you can change the settings? On the bottom left of the MPU schematics the memory protect line itself goes thru several ICs.

#4 2 years ago

Thanks for the answers!
    The only difference between boards Is that the working one doesn't have the IC2 74125 and all diodes & dip switches on the left.
    With the working one is possibile to change settings, no with the other.
    With Leon the test Is fine (blinking, 1-2-3, blinking). The board does the complete booting and It is possibile to play.. but no change audits..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-system7-errore-code-8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.