(Topic ID: 153041)

Wms system 7 (Jungle Lord) won't coin up, won't start but is working.

By PhillyArcade

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PhillyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have an odd one. I recently was working on my Jungle Lord. It had a few small issues. Most of the issues (after searching around here) showed they were all related to the header connector between the CPU and relay board. So I took all the boards out of the game. Did all new caps on power, sound, and CPU boards. Did all new pins and sockets on the header connect the CPU and Relay boards. Flowed solder on all connectors on all boards. Went over all boards and checked, re-flowed solder on anything and everything with a fine tooth comb.

So now the game powers up just fine, all the lights are working it's doing attract mode just fine the speech is talking in attract mode just fine from time to time but it won't coin up or start! I figured let me put the game in free play and see what happens. I go to number 18 in the menu to set it to 00. So into test mode I go hitting advance with the door open, and when I get to any setting the numbers just take off on the display like I'm holding down the start button to adjust them. Checked all the switches nothing seems hung up or touching. Strange part is it never had this issue before. I also installed NVram and took off the battery holder and the NVram is working as it should.

Looking for some trouble shooting start points. Quick search didn't show much on this. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

2,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PhillyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-system-7-jungle-lord-wont-coin-up-wont-start-but-is-working?tu=PhillyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.