• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Yngbld
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msadan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

This is the first time I've had to replace one of these. Honestly this took me way too long to troubleshoot, because that cap is just not something that I ever think about.
This was on a customer's game, a Rollergames, that came in with a shopping list of things to fix, plus he wanted it converted to LEDs. The game was working fine with incandescents, but with LEDs installed it was strobing like crazy. I tried an LED OCD board in there, since I've been installing a lot of those lately, and it mostly took care of the problem, but it still wasn't quite right. Just on a hunch I tried a new 18,000mFd cap (the biggest I had) in place of the larger one and it almost completely eliminated the strobing. With the LED OCD board in there it looks perfect.
Check out the video

the first half is with the 18,000mFd piggybacked across the original 30,000mFd cap, the last half of the video is with just the original cap. Video was taken with the LED OCD board bypassed. That strobing is so intense that I should have figured this out right away.
IMG-6921 (resized).jpgIMG-6921 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Here it is with a new filter cap and the LED OCD board installed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msadan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-system-11-lamp-matrix-30000mfd-filter-cap-failure?tu=msadan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.