• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Again friends, I need your support!!!

Waiting for my tomorrow pickup (a very nice Hyperball at approx. 3 hours away from me), I'm facing another time with my Firepower 2, especially with its CPU...
I'm starting to hate it!
What happen? The pinball seems to go correctly in attract mode but, once powered, it has a sort of a "bump" to all the solenoids and the first ball is thrown in the channel. The player has to launch the ball in the playfield (still in attract mode), then he can play normally.
My first thought was the driver with problems but once changed with another one, the problem still remains.
So I decided to put the cpu on the bench:
- Ok with Leon test rom
- Ok with Andre boot (I don't have the "knight rider" effect and once pressed the diag button, the program freezes)
- NO Albus rom because I'don have 2532 in my hands.
Here below a link to a short video where you can see the test with Andre Boot rom. The cpu is jumpered for a 2716 in IC17.

So, the final question... any suggestion for me?
Thanks in advance
Ciao

Loris

#2 6 years ago

An update.
I had a chance to install another sys7 cpu from a pharaoh and the problem at star-up disappear.. no solenoids activated when the flipper boots.
So it means the issue is in the cpu… but, where?!

#3 6 years ago

Make sure the blanking is low right at power on then goes HIGH when the attract mode begins. I think it is interconnect p37.

If your blanking is floating, could let solenoids pull in during the power on reset delay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-sys7-cpumpu-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.