(Topic ID: 186485)

WMS SYS 6 CPU/MPU problem

By Theonlylilo

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170330_234855 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarAlb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

A few things to check which run into my mind:

1) Is the IRQ generator (4020) working and is there a heartbeat signal at the /IRQ pin at the 680x CPU? A common issue here: after removing the Original batteryholder the plated hole for GND is damaged and a few chips are not connected to GND anymore.

2) Is the selection for ROM's IC14 and IC20 working? A testrom only runs from IC17, there *might* be a chance the ROM's at IC14 and IC20 are not accessed properly.

#4 7 years ago

Sometimes....sometimes not. I've had a repair in the past where the CPU board tested fine with a testrom at IC17. But as soon as you installed something in socket IC14 the whole thing crashed as IC14 was permanently selected.

One of the reasons I intergrated a socket test in my own testroms (as well as a IRQ gen test).

Just to be sure: the driverboard is okay and cannot be the source of the problem?

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Theonlylilo:

Could you explain me your test rom functions? I'm curious!

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the images and documentation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarAlb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-sys-6-cpumpu-problem?tu=MarAlb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.