Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pincoder
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

db-04-011 standard_andre20.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patofnaud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

And to save folks some looking...

https://code.google.com/p/lcd-pinball-display/downloads/list

Hans, wish I knew your sol display worked in that Andres output spot, I'd have added one to my last order.

#10 10 years ago

In reading Andre's doc, it sounds like for System 7 you do not need to build any sort of jig. It will output to a display. I am assuming then one of Hans's Credit/player 1 modules will work.

He does not get into System 3-6 though... I'm assuming since 3-7 use the same display outputs with System 7 using the extra 7th digit, I should be ok there also.

With Christmas coming I may not get a chance to check this thing out for a few days but it looks promising.

#13 10 years ago

I wonder what it would do on a 3-6 with you display board plugged in instead of making the LED board?

How about a 2732? I have 2532's but I didn't think GQ-4X's would write those old bipolar chips.

1 month later
    #25 10 years ago

Just a note, Andre v2.0 is the shiz for exercising driver boards. Been spending a bit of time with it. Once you get through the initial test and hit the MPU diagnostic button the test;

Toggles blanking at about once every 2 secs.
    Walks through all solenoids in pairs, didn't write the actual but its something like 1 and 5, 2 and 6, 3 and 7, ect,,,
    Toggles all lamp row/column select while walking an 'off' lamp through, 1x1 off, 2x2 off, 3x3 off, etc,,,

I'm using the Han's Siegcraft™ adapters to view all solenoid activity and the display led array to watch the lamps march.

I use one of the solenoid adapters to verify the driver board is 'alive' but placing it on the MPU top right connector first, then power off and move it back on the solenoids once I know the driver board is passing initial PIA tests as it's not needed there anymore and it saves me 1 sol display adapter.

When on the MPU 1J7 the output of the initial power up diagnostics look like this..
    db-04-011 standard_andre20.jpgdb-04-011 standard_andre20.jpg

I'll be finishing up a board tomorrow night and can take some vids of what the exerciser looks like in action with Siegecraft adapters.

Then I am going to bulletproof my Hyperball driver board... Mega lamp matrix.... 16x TIP42's and 27ohm 3watt resistor pairs. That should reduce some backbox heat.

#27 10 years ago

First vid is using the Sol adapter as an output device for Andre's Test ROM V2.
    Second vid is using all the driver board display adapters after the initial MPU tests have completed.

#32 10 years ago

FWIW, I tried outputting Andre to the Siegecraft Williams display tool, but that just dumps out garbage because Andre wasn't outputting BCD to a display, he just pulses the strobe lines to 1J7.

Maybe tonight I'll be bulletproofing a Hyperball driver board. I'm curious how that will react to Andre's.

At the onset I know Hyperball driver board has an extra PIA for the alphanumeric on the playfield that I'm guessing will not be touched, and twice the lamp matrix size that I'm guessing half will act odd as Andre will think it is 'sol' drivers and not column/row so they will pulse, maybe.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patofnaud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-sys-3-7-andre-test-rom-usage-video-v2?tu=patofnaud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.