EPROM_at_CPU_socket_3-6_(resized).png
Untitled_(resized).png
EPROM_at_CPU_socket_System_4_(resized).png
20160410_155823_(resized).jpg
20160410_155841_(resized).jpg
20160410_155804_(resized).jpg
20160410_155904_(resized).jpg
20160410_160039_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

Mine does work for sys3-4 as well, just covers up one of the diagnostic buttons a bit. Can still reach it, just not as convenient.

Only waiting to get licensing sorted out again... I have 100 PCB's, including 40 already built. Can sell them any time with blank EPROMs if you guys are able to sort out doing the code combinations.

#6 8 years ago

Sorry for the short and choppy posts, on the road for MGC right now.

One thing to keep in mind with any version of this solution, it's not a 100% solution. Similar to the different versions of the 2732 modifications that have been floating around for a few years. Something odd went on with Williams interchanging parts with different specs or from different suppliers, and it affects the addressing of the ROM. There are times this mod won't work with some CPU boards. (Which is why there are two versions of the 2732 mod floating around.).

I haven't been able to nail down what the source of this is, wish I knew, but I haven't found it yet.

#9 8 years ago

Very possible the LS's could be part of the issue. Particularly if they suddenly have open circuits on the outputs where There used to be rom chips.

I just haven't revisited the issue in quite a while. Since I don't do repair work anymore, I don't have a variety of boards coming through anymore to test out theories.

#12 8 years ago

On system 6, something else gets gated along with the VMA, I just don't remember off the top of my head. Still not home yet. Almost exactly the same as my schematic other than that one additional line, and I feed it into a 74ls20. (Or is it an 02? the quad input gate).

The jumpering shouldn't matter, as it only affects addressing for the ROM chips, which would be removed already anyway. I don't recall it altering the addressing for any other ic's.

#14 8 years ago

Yep, those are the two methods. I just never found any explanation why the Zig only works sometimes, while the Duncan is so reliable. What changed in the CPU boards that causes the difference?

#18 8 years ago

They don't seem to mind at all, to be honest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-sys-3-4-single-2764-rom-mod-for-firepower?tu=HHaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.