• Latest reply 4 years ago by OHEMIO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ohemio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Good afternoon. Working on my WMS Space Mission. Restored it mechanically once when I procured this machine from a sand pile in Myrtle Beach South Carolina several years ago. Every switch, every step unit, checked and repaired all the lose wires. Been a solid restoration and it has stood the test of time.

Regrettably it's been moved three times since due to upgrading homes we lived in. Running into one roadblock that I have not been able to locate in the forum.

My Ball Release is firing. Just not enough to umphf to get the ball into to the shooter lane. I have worked through the schematic. Cleaned the 3A & 4A switches, also cleaned the pulse score motor reels. Then decided that I've gone that far decided to clean all the score motor contacts. Also cleaned the relative Outhole and Ball Index relays and went to the score motor and checked the score stepper unit as well as the player control unit. Tested the A22-550 Ball Release coil with the Ohm meter against the other with the credit unit in the back box. They Ohm out the same value.

At a bit of a loss and think that I went down the right road. Looking for any suggestions on this matter. Much appreciated!

#3 4 years ago

Appreciate the response. Will take a look at the both of these relays. I have not looked at either of them working through this process.

#10 4 years ago

Want to thank everyone for sending along information. Really tore into all you sent me took a hard look at the relays. Cleaned and adjusted gaps on switches. Tore apart the ball release coil assembly to make sure I didn't miss anything when I cleaned them the last go round. Cleaned the Coin Step Unit bakelight and fingers. Made a slight adjustment to the Bonus bakelight board to better align the fingers to the rivets. Still wasn't working properly. Could cycle though games 1-4 players. Ball Release was kicking but still not enough juice to kick ball in into the shooter lane.

Most interesting were the Jones Plugs on this pin. I cleaned them once when I bought this game. Cleaned them up again plugged everything back in. Did not realize how sensitive these are on this game versus some of my other EM's. Turned it on nothing was working. Seated all of them again. Back in business.
Since I believed I had gone through every scenario on the schematic and the manual. Still was not pushing the ball in to the shooter lane.

Went back to square one.

Score motor switches 3A & 4A and Index Cam Switch D. Although I cleaned and adjusted them guess the first adjustment was not good enough.

I first adjusted 3A and 4A in the rut of the score motor wheel to almost closed. Started the game the ball launched very hard into the shooter lane. Played a few 1 player then a 4 player using the play field switches and now what I see happening is a little double clutch with the ejector. So I backed off the adjustments a bit on 3A and 4A and it got better less double clutch still launching hard. Made a small adjustment to Cam Switch D. Will also be rechecking the associated relays maybe I have one of the switches with and incorrect gap.

I need a new lock and ball index relays, and another for the coin door. All look like they've seen a lot of plays and are probably original to the game.

So about 90% there. Again, much appreciated all the suggestions guys...they were all helpful getting me to this point.

OHEMIO

#12 4 years ago

HowardR if you are asking me that question...definitely read your post. Got down to post #5 and decided to check 3A, 4A, and Index D switch one more time. Although said it's double clutching. Pretty minor and will get an adjustment to the 3A or 4A to stop it. No issue with the coil ejecting hard at this point. Not overheating. Have a few coils to order for change out. Will try the alligator clip method down the road have another pin, two riffle arcades, ball bowler, and old gambling game to restore. More than enough opportunity. Appreciate all the advice...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ohemio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-space-mission-ball-release-issue?tu=ohemio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.