6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by schudel5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

BSD has developed a spastic opto issue. Two switches - Castle lock 1 and left ramp entry are going crazy....sometimes they'll be stable and work in edge test as expected...then they'll start rapidly flickering on and off...and then sometimes they'll just stay off. Usually both switches together at different intervals...I've tried reseating all the connectors.....tugged on wire bundles...playfield up or down...nothing seems to be causation...they just start going haywire. I have a solid 12.1v on the board so it's not the low 10v issue. And it's only these two....all other optos work fine. I've also made sure they are clean. If when they are going haywire I disconnect the three opto connector to the castle locks it stops.

Failing board? Who carries them anymore? The homepin dealer shows out of stock.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the link. Anyone have thoughts on whether that's the actual culprit? Unfortunately I don't have any of the other games to swap one from to test.

#4 6 years ago

Cracked solder joint somewhere on the 10-opto board perhaps? Remove the board and reflow all the header pins.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-opto-board-issue-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.