(Topic ID: 229758)

WMS Lucky Strike locked coil(s) when special is lit.

By DropTarget

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DropTarget
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lucky Strike Schematic 2 (resized).jpg
Lucky Strike Schematic 1 (resized).jpg
LS (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DropTarget.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi All

I have a Williams Lucky Strike that's been acting up a bit.

1st, Does anyone know what the circled switch stack and relay does? It's always locked on, but I suspect that it shouldn't be.

2nd, and probably related....when I light ten strikes, and the special lights, I hear a relay lock on and hum, and if you score the special, the reward (extra game) is not rewarded. UPDATE* The locked coils are the credit unit up coil, and the knocker and/or the bell located in the cabinet. *

Does anyone know what relays do what? Mine aren't marked and does anyone have a schematic for the special circuit?

Thanks
LS (resized).jpgLS (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

ok, never mind.... that's the alternating relay.

The coil that's locking on it the step up coil on the credit reel. Does anyone have the logic for that circuit?

If you win an extra credit by getting three spares, the coil fires and releases properly, but if you win an extra credit by achieving 10 strikes, the coil locks on, and the special rollover switches don't do anything. The rollover switches appear to be gapped properly.

Thanks

#4 5 years ago

I think I've narrowed it down to the bakelite disc on the strikes stepper, If I pull back on one of the fingers (actually either one of a particular pair), the coil releases, but I don't see any shorts there. As it turns out, one of those fingers also has the wire that jumps them together desoldered, so I guess this problem has existed since before I got the game.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Need to see a high quality schematic scan

me too!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

I once owned a lovely LS for many years.
Fun and interesting game - a rare title too.
It's a rare gem if you find one, with ANY sort of schematic.
Mine was faded, and well-worn and I was delighted to have even that.
Hope you get it fixed.....wax it and enjoy it!

Yes, Definitely a fun and interesting game. I like those mid 60's Williams machines. They had interesting themes and rule sets especially the card game themes.

I've had the game for quite a while, and just got up the motivation to fix the issue.

I'll contact PBR in the morning, Steve should have a schematic.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Need to see a high quality schematic scan

I found these in another thread.

Lucky Strike Schematic 1 (resized).jpgLucky Strike Schematic 1 (resized).jpgLucky Strike Schematic 2 (resized).jpgLucky Strike Schematic 2 (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago

Schematic ordered from PBR. Should be here tomorrow.

Now to quickly learn how to read a Williams schematic!

#10 5 years ago

Damn,

Now that I ordered the schematic. I was able to read the above schematic well enough to isolate the issue to the Orange/red wire coming from the LH outlane switch.

Oh well. It's still good to have a schematic in hand.

#12 5 years ago

Yup,

Fixed! Yes, the left outlane rollover switch was gapped properly, however the blades were shorted together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DropTarget.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-lucky-strike-issues?tu=DropTarget and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.