• 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Knaagi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1070927.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Knaagi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hello everyone,

back in december i replaced both flipper assemblies (fingers, coils, sleeves and replaced all other parts with an overhaul kit). It thought it works great until my buddy, who is a more experienced player than i am, used to death bounce the ball during his game, which caused the right flipper going back to it´s default position very slowly for a few seconds. When i checked the linkage i couldn´t find anything that could have caused this. Everything moved freely but when i looked straight at the underside of the playfield, i notived that the right plunger seemed a bit misaligned in relation to the coil position (or vise versa). I fixed this but now the coil is having a hard time pulling the plunger. The linkage is still moving nicely by hand. Please have a look at my video linked below, comparing the left to the right flipper movement. When i press the buttons i´m reading 24.x Volts at both coils.

http://www.vidup.de/v/mSuvy/

Maybe someone could also explain to me why Williams installed additional diodes at the flipper coils (please see attached pic). I moved them over to the new coils but i fail to see the point.

Thanks a lot!

P1070927.JPGP1070927.JPG
#2 9 years ago

Found it by myself: I must have bent the EOS leaf switch so it wasn´t fully closed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Knaagi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-lucky-seven-weak-and-buzzing-flipper?tu=Knaagi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.