6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Iamdarras
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th-1.jpeg
    08picard.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

no they wouldn't. have you seen their slots and stuff? they have no glasses 3D displays. They could do amazing things. But I doubt they will. they run a business, not a charity.

And i think they could head-hunt any designer they wanted with the industry clout ($$) they have.

I didn't say they couldn't do it. I said they would be starting from scratch. They have no pinball designers, no rights to any of their previous pin designs, no assembly lines, etc. Could they buy everything they need and get going? Sure they could. So could any company with sufficient capital. Google could start building pinballs if they wanted. I am sure they could do amazing things.

At the end of the day, WMS as it is today has no relevance when it comes to pinball.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

I didn't say they couldn't do it. I said they would be starting from scratch. They have no pinball designers, no rights to any of their previous pin designs, no assembly lines, etc. Could they buy everything they need and get going? Sure they could. So could any company with sufficient capital. Google could start building pinballs if they wanted. I am sure they could do amazing things.
    At the end of the day, WMS as it is today has no relevance when it comes to pinball.

However, pinball is still "honored" on the giant LCD teevees in the new main lobby of the Technology "campus" in Chicago. Many pinball machines scroll through on a video loop. Also, there is a black outline of a pinball machine next to a "heritage" statement in a hallway.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

To me, if Williams came back to make pins, it would be like the Chargers winning the Super Bowl.

You mean Denver !! Go Orange Crush

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 10,999.00
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 189.99
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 224.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 45.99
    $ 27.50
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside