Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zaza
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Cycling through the Flasher test menu, one of the items is "Plane/Super Ball" - my super ball button has never flashed, so I started taking a look at it. I don't see anywhere in the manual where that specific lamp is mentioned, but in looking around online I *have* seen people mention that theirs does in fact flash when the game ends and the machine gun LEDs on the plane start flashing. I'm a novice with most of this stuff, so bear with me - I'm looking for some guidance.

There are two wires running to the blades that are part of the lamp assembly inside the button, and one of the wires has a cement resistor on it. I set the DMM on ohms and put leads on either side of the resistor, and it reads 10 - I'm not sure if this is correct, and I don't see any markings on the resistor. When I test voltage on the two wires I get nothing (0.0). Testing voltage on the start button lamp (which is a working controlled lamp, it's not listed as a flasher), I get a reading when in test mode, so I would expect that I'd get a similar reading on the super ball lamp, but I'm not sure since it's being treated as a flasher?

I'm going to guess that this is either the resistor, or somewhere between the flashing plane LEDs and super ball lamp, there's an issue with a wire(s), and I'll just have to trace the wires from the plane to the super ball lamp. Also - what's the purpose of the resistor on that wire? What makes this different than other lamps? Any advice would be appreciated - thanks!

#2 6 years ago

Make sure you are pushing the buttons that turn off the high voltage, as if the door is closed.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Make sure you are pushing the buttons that turn off the high voltage, as if the door is closed.

Yep - tested with the buttons pushed in.

#4 6 years ago

here is a picture:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-loose-ceramic-resistor#post-3126367

Quoted from agreen:

When I test voltage on the two wires I get nothing (0.0).

The Gry-Yel wire should be about 14 Volts relative to GND. Cement resistor is indeed 10 ohm.
Blu-Gry wire is the solenoid #24 drive from powerdriverboard.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Wanted
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 29.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-indiana-jones-super-ball-flasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.